What's new

The thing that has hurt us more than anything(and why we shouldn't resign AK, even for a dollar)

if we could pick up afflalo, i would help ak pack. that's the problem, though. It's just not very likely that guys like aa are going to be coming here. Too many other choices.

Much better argument than just saying get rid of him because he's always hurt, and i can't really disagree with it. The ironic thing about this, is that most of the people who want ak out of the way to give more minutes to the young guys, probably hate cj even more than ak. I'm guessing no ak = more cj. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

qft

Gary Briggs felt threatened by Buhler and his chiropractic methods so bitched behind his back and made things so contentious Buhler decided to just leave.

All AK needs is a good doctor.
witch_doctor-2.jpg
Blog110208a.jpg

chiropractor.gif

I'm not going to eat Long John Silver's for lunch -- not even if I found a great coupon online. I'd rather overpay for some Taco Bell or go to McDonald's and have them screw up my offer. If that doesn't work out, I may just bag it and fast. If someone else was paying, I still wouldn't have them get me anything.

I'm not going to eat Long John Silver's for lunch -- not even if I found a great coupon online. I'd rather overpay for some Taco Bell or go to McDonald's and have them screw up my offer. If that doesn't work out, I may just bag it and fast. If someone else was paying, I still wouldn't have them get me anything.

you seriously think you are overpaying at Taco Bell? A little on the cheap side? If we can keep AK at a reasonable price i think we will do it. A lot of it will depend on the new numbers from the CBA and if we pick up Mile's contract. Harris-Hayward-AK-Millsap-Favors-Jefferson is a pretty good foundation and add in two lottery picks not bad.

I hope we dont resign him for the sake of both parties. If AK actually wants to resign with us for cheap (like 5 million a year) I say we should keep him though.

you seriously think you are overpaying at Taco Bell? A little on the cheap side? If we can keep AK at a reasonable price i think we will do it. A lot of it will depend on the new numbers from the CBA and if we pick up Mile's contract. Harris-Hayward-AK-Millsap-Favors-Jefferson is a pretty good foundation and add in two lottery picks not bad.

If we bring him back there is the unspoken requirement that he gets 25 mins/night. We get to have him come in, throw up a couple jumpers, play some lack-luster D (though get praised for his defensive importance to our team because of a nostalgic view of his first couple years), shows little enthusiasm, and what little he brings will far overshadow everything he negates. Yes, Andrei has talent. Yes, Andrei has athletic ability and can, at times, have a great effect on a game, but on the whole it's addition by subtraction. I feel the same way about him that I feel about Boozer. If you don't have a winning mentality and you're looked at as a quasi-leader on a team, then you're a cancer. Our team needs toughness. I'm not going to start wearing a bra because it's a decent color and I can get it at a sweet price.

I remember an AK quote when a reporter asked him who he would pay money to see play in an NBA basketball game. He said he wouldn't pay any money to see anyone play...AFTER ALL THE NBA GAMES AND INTERNATIONAL GAMES, I HAVE SEEN TOO MUCH BASKETBALL. The guy simply doesn't have a passion for the game. I think he got burned out on playing for Russia every summer. Deron said he was the first one to leave practice and was too busy reading comic books than practice.

cool post bro. way to recycle old half-true soundbites and odd stories out of context. and by your login we def. need to resign r.price because he loves basketball so much. hell, we need to sign half the jazzfanz board.

we def. need to resign r.price because he loves basketball so much. hell, we need to sign half the jazzfanz board.

If we're just looking fora cheap body to fill out the roster, which seems to be everyone's justification for keeping Kirilenko, then I would personally rather bring back Price.

Even if you could pay AK $1mil/per, it's still not gonna work. At first I was all for bringing him back on the cheap, but now I've seen the light. No matter what Utah pays him, he's still an injury waiting to happen. Obviously he would be a rotation player should he return to Utah, meaning at some point(s) during the season Utah is going to be scrambling yet again with different line-ups while AK nurses his injuries. IMO it's gotten to the point where Utah is better off cutting ties and bringing in somebody who's a little more dependable health wise. There is something to be said about continuity during the course of a season and AK is the antithesis of that.

Even if you could pay AK $1mil/per, it's still not gonna work. At first I was all for bringing him back on the cheap, but now I've seen the light. No matter what Utah pays him, he's still an injury waiting to happen. Obviously he would be a rotation player should he return to Utah, meaning at some point(s) during the season Utah is going to be scrambling yet again with different line-ups while AK nurses his injuries. IMO it's gotten to the point where Utah is better off cutting ties and bringing in somebody who's a little more dependable health wise. There is something to be said about continuity during the course of a season and AK is the antithesis of that.

I am not saying resigning AK is a win-win. But if we have a 9 man rotation losing a bench role player (AK) wouldn't be nearly so devastating.

For example our rotation next year could be

Devin Harris 24/ Kemba Walker 24
Barnes 32/Hayward 10/ CJ 6
Hayward 20 / AK 20 / CJ 8
Favors 20/ Millsap 24
Jefferson 34 / Favors 14

You would have Jeremy Evans, Raja Bell, Earl Watson and another center on the bench. If AK got hurt you just increase Hayward, Barnes and Millsap's minutes for 10 games.

Also AK is going to be effective against the other teams bench players most of the time. He can still be a game changing defensive play against some matchups. If we can get him for Veteran's minimum or 3 mil per a year it is a no brainer.

cool post bro. way to recycle old half-true soundbites and odd stories out of context. and by your login we def. need to resign r.price because he loves basketball so much. hell, we need to sign half the jazzfanz board.

My point is that AK has not improved his game because he doesn't have a passion for the game. This is his contract year and he can't even play well consistently this year, what's he going to be like if we resign him.

I remember an AK quote when a reporter asked him who he would pay money to see play in an NBA basketball game. He said he wouldn't pay any money to see anyone play...AFTER ALL THE NBA GAMES AND INTERNATIONAL GAMES, I HAVE SEEN TOO MUCH BASKETBALL. The guy simply doesn't have a passion for the game. I think he got burned out on playing for Russia every summer. Deron said he was the first one to leave practice and was too busy reading comic books than practice.

do u think its normal for the team leader to give out such info to media about teammates?
it was the reason for corruption of boozer -deron era. They blamed AK to leave the practise as a reason to be beaten to Spurs. And he needed some work to do about his visa to stay in US. But the guys were so stupid not to figure it out but blamed other people. This isnt how things work in a team

If we bring him back there is the unspoken requirement that he gets 25 mins/night. We get to have him come in, throw up a couple jumpers, play some lack-luster D (though get praised for his defensive importance to our team because of a nostalgic view of his first couple years), shows little enthusiasm, and what little he brings will far overshadow everything he negates. Yes, Andrei has talent. Yes, Andrei has athletic ability and can, at times, have a great effect on a game, but on the whole it's addition by subtraction. I feel the same way about him that I feel about Boozer. If you don't have a winning mentality and you're looked at as a quasi-leader on a team, then you're a cancer. Our team needs toughness. I'm not going to start wearing a bra because it's a decent color and I can get it at a sweet price.
I think I just fell in love.

If we're just looking fora cheap body to fill out the roster, which seems to be everyone's justification for keeping Kirilenko, then I would personally rather bring back Price.

This. All the way up Madeleine Albright's ***.