What's new

There is a growing belief in league personnel circles that Utah could move swingman Rodney Hood befo

I like these announcements... it makes it seem like teams could call about him before and the jazz be like “bruh he hasn’t been made available”. But now they are like “k u can call us now he’s been made available”
I think they would have discussed it with Hood prior to the announcement. That way the player in question finds out through the team and not the media.

I mean, of course we'd be interested in Fultz, but we're not moving the guys necessary to get him. He was the #1 pick less than a year ago after all.

Trade Hood ASAP. He is getting paid more than he is worth in FA. I like him, but Im done. Teams will pay him on potential and I think he is pretty close to his potential now.

I mean, of course we'd be interested in Fultz, but we're not moving the guys necessary to get him. He was the #1 pick less than a year ago after all.
You mean the player with the most broken shot in the league? He makes Rubio look like Stephen Curry. Good gawd, no.

Fultz is going to go down in history as one of the worst #1 picks ever. And Philly traded up for him! Philly could have had ANYONE else in a deep, deep draft and they missed horribly. That's the kind of move that costs GM's their job.

The trade interest may also reflective of the potential for Hood to get a big deal in free agency.
Yep. Hood starting might just be an attempt to showcase him for prospective trade partners. Jazz know what his agent was asking for. I'll bet the extension talks from Hood's end started at 4/$80M. Hood thinks he can get a huge offer sheet in free agency; DL doesn't think he's worth as much as he may have asked for and won't match a big offer.

why is everyone so obsessed with Hill? Why would you want to pay ****ing Hill that much money. I don't get it. We are tanking this season i don't want anything to do with that contract and hill bailed on the team, is throwing a fit in SAC. Like let it go.
We can let it go. I can guarantee you 100% it ain't happening. Hill burned bridges with Rudy by not trying to play in the GS series. There were reports that he burned bridges in the negotiating process.

And beyond that, he just doesn't fit age-wise any more. Jazz were close to contending with Hayward. It made sense to bring in vets like Hill and JJ. That's not the case now. It will take at least a couple more years of shrewd trades, picks and free agent signings to put the team back on track. Pardon the pun, but he'd be very much over the hill as the rest of the roster matures enough to start contending.

You mean the player with the most broken shot in the league? He makes Rubio look like Stephen Curry. Good gawd, no.

Fultz is going to go down in history as one of the worst #1 picks ever. And Philly traded up for him! Philly could have had ANYONE else in a deep, deep draft and they missed horribly. That's the kind of move that costs GM's their job.

Well dont ever mention how good our development and coaching is. Opportunity to get the #1 pick for 20c on the dollar and trust our staff to get his shot back.

I think Philly would like to move on and save face if possible. Hood and 2019 first or a few 2nds.

Well dont ever mention how good our development and coaching is. Opportunity to get the #1 pick for 20c on the dollar and trust our staff to get his shot back.

I think Philly would like to move on and save face if possible. Hood and 2019 first or a few 2nds.
OMG. Hood and a #1? Our development staff couldn't do anything with players like Burke and Lyles. They haven't made any strides with Rubio. They aren't magicians, despite what DL wants us all to believe. While I agree some franchises have terrible track records of developing players, I don't think that can be said of Brown in Philly (Simmons and Embiid have developed, just like we can cite Gobert and Mitchell). His recent quote was they couldn't even begin to address Fultz' shooting (and he had never seen anything like it) until they work on other aspects of his game. His shot was never "there" to begin with as a pro, so it's not a question of just getting it back.

We already have a primary ball handler; his name is Donovan Mitchell. What we need to pair with him is a 3&D player. That's not Rubio and it certainly wouldn't be Fultz.

Hood and Rubio (or any given expiring like Favors) for Hill and their first.

Maybe Joerger and that franchise might actually do that?

(I know)

It's not very surprising. It's been clear since early in the season that paying Hood and/or Favors this offseason would be a mistake and that the Jazz would be better off acquiring some kind assets for them instead of letting them walk in free agency. It's become even more clear as the season has progressed. Both of them seem to be great guys and it sucks things didn't work out. But that's the NBA sometimes.