What's new

There is a growing belief in league personnel circles that Utah could move swingman Rodney Hood befo

I like ole Rod, but I can see how he doesnt fit long term. Hard to rationalize $15+ for an injury prone wing off the bench. His agent must have asked for a ton last summer.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, if he is being shopped then I would be shocked if we hold on to him. It seems if we arent happy with him or he wants out then we will lose him for nothing in the off-season since we wont match his offer. So we will trade him by the deadline even if its not as much as we like.

But I think Hood has decent value. Teams seem to like him and he provides high level 3 point shooting which is valuable. Plus he is a RFA so teams can get 4 years out of him.

Looking to trade him doesn’t mean they’ll find a deal.

He is gone. Shooting has never been so important in the league. He is young and can create his own shoot. We just need a team willing to pay 16-20M a year for his services. The Jazz will likely get a 1st and probably get rid of one bad contract to make salaries match (Burks, Rubio, etc)

Tony gave an important detail in his article: Hood sees himself as a starter. Maybe there has been some discontent for a while and the Jazz decided paying 18M a year for a sub/fringe starter wasn't a good move. Time to move on. Unfortunate, I liked him.

Does this increase or decrease the tank? We getting Niko or draft picks? I think it is truly going to be tank season.

Does this increase or decrease the tank? We getting Niko or draft picks? I think it is truly going to be tank season.

I am thinking the FO might be leaning towards tank now. That might be part of the reason they are trading Hood. But we will see who they trade him for. If its a younger player or draft picks then we will have a better idea. If it is a similar player or better player that fits then we know the FO wants to win and keep pushing towards the playoffs.

Ill probably be happy either way assuming its a decent or good trade. I would be pretty excited with a young developing player like Oubre or similar or a potential lottery pick. I would also be happy with a good player that improves us and fits in like Mirotic or even packaging some stuff for a really good player whoever that is.

I'm not quite sure we can increase the tank anymore than we currently are. Losing to bad teams at home and getting blown out on the road. That's tanking at it's best. I don't think we are necessarily trying, we just don't have the team to compete. I'm also starting to doubt the coaching staff's ability to optimize the people we have, with the understanding there is just not that much talent. (Outside of Mitchell.)

I am very interested in Mirotic, Parker, Oubre (wanted him over Lyles and still think he has great potential as a 2 way player), Unprotected Lottery picks and hope to get lucky, some interest in Kemba, and probably other players.

I have little to no interest in trading for late 1st round picks. Those are worth very little. I am also not interested in older players, unless its a good fit and they are really good, but even then nobody over 29.

The worst thing about Hood is that he isnt positionaly versatile on defense. He is too weak/not physical to guard bigger wings and he has mental lapses/isnt quick enough to get into 2's. Offensively I think he still has a lot of room to grow and is a starter, but I'm guessing the Jazz just arent impressed w/ his defensive effort and commitment.

The writing has been on the wall for awhile. As far as a request? The news came 1 game after being booed at home so who knows..
Hood, Favors and Burks to Boston for Bitchward.

Really? Interesting. Who do you think is most likely to be traded of hood, burks, or favors?
I think Hood and Favors are both 100% going to be traded and likely in the same deal.

Who knows on Burks. I'm sure they are trying to an extent, but it's probably not a priority.

Hood doesnt bring enough anything else to be worth the money he seeks. Good shooter that has his moments, and pretty good clutch player....the end. Insignificant in the win/loss column, Jazz won't even miss him.