What's new

There is a growing belief in league personnel circles that Utah could move swingman Rodney Hood befo

He tries and still sucks

He loses focus and messes up rotations, loses sight of his man/the ball, gets beaten off the drible and overall just makes dumb plays on defense

So does Rubio, Oneal, Ingles, Favs, Thabo, Jerebko, JJ. Everyone does!

Defense isnt as important to some teams as it is Quin. To act like Burks is some scrub with no value is rediculous. Yall need to stay out of the church or quin. **** will poison your mind.

I cannot get behind trading a 1st rounder for a nearly-expiring star (that doesn't want to be traded), and a 30-something retread that would probably only be worth a damn for another two years while we have a young core.

I cannot get behind trading a 1st rounder for a nearly-expiring star (that doesn't want to be traded), and a 30-something retread that would probably only be worth a damn for another two years while we have a young core.

Agreed. Young guys with talent complimentary to Gobert and Mitchell or picks or no deal.

Utah is sitting at #10 right now, and has the 2nd worst road record in the league. We could probably get a top 10 pick just by standing pat, let alone if we trade away Favors and Hood for building pieces.
Let’s revisit this at the end of March.

Get a late first for Hood. His contract is easy to trade and a contender is bound to value him for a pick in the late 20's. Trade the 1st and Burks for Mirotic. Or if Chicago wants an expiring, you pull the first off the table and keep the offer at Favors and a 2nd. It's pretty simple.

If Chicago doesn't go for the deal, Utah has an extra asset for the draft. Maybe can move up a couple of spots with the extra first round pick.

That was his story defensively in previous seasons. Not so much this year though

He is not as bad this year but still a weak defender. He was better at the beginning of the year. Snyder has been clear about that defense earns you time on the court

So does Rubio, Oneal, Ingles, Favs, Thabo, Jerebko, JJ. Everyone does!

Defense isnt as important to some teams as it is Quin. To act like Burks is some scrub with no value is rediculous. Yall need to stay out of the church or quin. **** will poison your mind.

The fact that other players screw up on defense doesn't excuse Burks from making mistakes. And he makes them more often.

I didn't say Burks was a scrub with no value (although right now his value is pretty low). I said he sucks on defense. In the right night he provides some much needed ball-handling, gets to the rim, knocks open 3s and rebounds well from his position. But other nights he is invisible on offense while giving nothing on defense. I am no hater, I just think he is a very limited player. Maybe he can find more success in another system.

Last edited:
Nope. And that was why I hated the Hill trade last year. For DL not to agree on an extension before trading a lottery pick was a major fail.

That trade was a mistake even if George Hill would have agreed to an extension. He was too old for our core and asking for too much money. Adding him also screwed our financial flexibility at the time. He was never going to put us over the top. To trade a lottery pick for him was stupid and I said that at the time.

Get a late first for Hood. His contract is easy to trade and a contender is bound to value him for a pick in the late 20's. Trade the 1st and Burks for Mirotic. Or if Chicago wants an expiring, you pull the first off the table and keep the offer at Favors and a 2nd. It's pretty simple.

If Chicago doesn't go for the deal, Utah has an extra asset for the draft. Maybe can move up a couple of spots with the extra first round pick.
Hood is worth much more than a late first...

That trade was a mistake even if George Hill would have agreed to an extension. He was too old for our core and asking for too much money. Adding him also screwed our financial flexibility at the time. He was never going to put us over the top. To trade a lottery pick for him was stupid and I said that at the time.
Disagree. GH was 30, Benedict/Favs 26, Ingles/JJ were 90 and he would/should have made a good mentor to Dante and would have been a perfect backup later in his years. He was perfect for our system.

I doubt the Jazz want to dump Rubio. I just don't sense it. I don't think they are in love with him, but there really isnt any need to dump anyone, especially if the only RFA they have to sign is Dante Exum.
I think they're probably eyeing 2019 as the next big FA offseason for them, in which case Rubio is actually pretty nice to keep around as an expiring.

I doubt the Jazz want to dump Rubio. I just don't sense it. I don't think they are in love with him, but there really isnt any need to dump anyone, especially if the only RFA they have to sign is Dante Exum.
Just wishful thinking.

Point being a late 1st only make sense for Hood if we dump a contract with it. Basically trying to agree with you but whatevs.

He is not as bad this year but still a weak defender. He was better at the beginning of the year. Snyder has been clear about that defense earns you time on the court

Hood sucks at defense doe. Quin is unclear. JJ? Defense sucks. Quin be unclear.

Hell no. Dude is so overrated.

Solid all-around player, nothing espectacular but I like him (at the right price). Tyreke and Lou have been beastin'. Almost too goo to be true, which makes a bit nervous to commit long-term.

Do you think the Jazz plan to pursue one of the RFA? and if they can't get them, rent their cap space for one year and acquire picks in the process? Teams will be desperate to unload contracts they signed during the cap spike