What's new

There is a growing belief in league personnel circles that Utah could move swingman Rodney Hood befo

Hood sucks at defense doe. Quin is unclear. JJ? Defense sucks. Quin be unclear.
Hood is not as bad (not saying he is good though). JJ sucks balls, can't guard a mailbox. Which makes me wonder if they are desperately trying to trade him. He shouldn't be playing as much if the team actually wants to win

Anyway, that doesn't change my opinion that Burks is a weak defender. Ah yeah, maybe he is in Quin's doghouse

Let’s revisit this at the end of March.

Sure, no problem. If Utah trades for some win now pieces, then they could get things going, otherwise I think you're kidding yourself. The problem this year is that the pieces just don't fit right, and because of that the team has had a hard time building chemistry. Talent wise we're probably not that far off from last year, but chemistry/fit are big issues, even when healthy.

Let's see what direction DL takes in terms of making a trade. If he trades for someone like Mirotic, then we'll know he's trying to win this year. If he moves Favors and Hood for building pieces, then we'll know he's shooting for a good pick this year.

Solid all-around player, nothing espectacular but I like him (at the right price). Tyreke and Lou have been beastin'. Almost too goo to be true, which makes a bit nervous to commit long-term.

Do you think the Jazz plan to pursue one of the RFA? and if they can't get them, rent their cap space for one year and acquire picks in the process? Teams will be desperate to unload contracts they signed during the cap spike

If Bradley is willing to come to Utah for less than 15 million a year, sure.

If not, no. The dude is one of those guys who has a great defensive reputation, but I'm not sure I fully believe it and the advanced stats arent kind to him.

Sure, no problem. If Utah trades for some win now pieces, then they could get things going, otherwise I think you're kidding yourself. The problem this year is that the pieces just don't fit right, and because of that the team has had a hard time building chemistry. Talent wise we're probably not that far off from last year, but chemistry/fit are big issues, even when healthy.

Let's see what direction DL takes in terms of making a trade. If he trades for someone like Mirotic, then we'll know he's trying to win this year. If he moves Favors and Hood for building pieces, then we'll know he's shooting for a good pick this year.
I mean, the problem at the begging of the year was we had no scoring. Now we have Mitchell emerged as a legit 1st option. Gobert has come back and we have two back to back great offensive games against two good teams (yes, I know, the Knicks have a bad record overall, but their record with THJ healthy has been good). The Gobert/Rubio chemistry seems much better now that Rubio isnt trying to force things as much.

The next in-season trade not 'forced' by a trade demand DL makes will be his first.

I'm not holding my breath.

What GVC said...

Only way they pull the trigger is if it's like a Victor Ortiz getting KO'ed by Floyd Mayweather moment... where the opponent puts their guard down...

I think the Bucks and NO are two teams that need to make a move. NO has next to nothing the Jazz want and are willing to trade. Bucks need a center and a better wing player. Giannis seems like he fits best at PF for them. I think the trade that makes the most sense is

Hood and Favors for Jabari and Teletovic.

Jazz take a huge risk on Jabari being able to be an elite scorer and come back from injury. If they made this trade they would get an opportunity to see his health and him playing before they had to match any offers for him.

For Bucks they give up on the potential of Jabari for a bigger need. That is upgrading the center position and they add a good 3 point shooter. Jabari and Giannis now play the same position and obviously Giannis is the better player. Giannis can play other positions but he seems best at that spot.

The next move for the Jazz would be to get an upgrade at the wing. I love Ingles but we need a player to take some minutes from him and push him to the bench. Sefolosha could come back healthy and do that next year but he is also getting pretty old.

For me the next move would be Burks(or rubio if they wanted him for some reason) and JJ for Mahnmi and Oubre. This gives us the potential fit for an athletic 2 way wing. It gives Wizards a ton of salary relief going forward and JJ and maybe even Burks could help them now.

Theres my Lopo trade idea for the day.

I think the Bucks and NO are two teams that need to make a move. NO has next to nothing the Jazz want and are willing to trade. Bucks need a center and a better wing player. Giannis seems like he fits best at PF for them. I think the trade that makes the most sense is

Hood and Favors for Jabari and Teletovic.

Jazz take a huge risk on Jabari being able to be an elite scorer and come back from injury. If they made this trade they would get an opportunity to see his health and him playing before they had to match any offers for him.

For Bucks they give up on the potential of Jabari for a bigger need. That is upgrading the center position and they add a good 3 point shooter. Jabari and Giannis now play the same position and obviously Giannis is the better player. Giannis can play other positions but he seems best at that spot.

The next move for the Jazz would be to get an upgrade at the wing. I love Ingles but we need a player to take some minutes from him and push him to the bench. Sefolosha could come back healthy and do that next year but he is also getting pretty old.

For me the next move would be Burks(or rubio if they wanted him for some reason) and JJ for Mahnmi and Oubre. This gives us the potential fit for an athletic 2 way wing. It gives Wizards a ton of salary relief going forward and JJ and maybe even Burks could help them now.

Theres my Lopo trade idea for the day.
Here’s a question:

If we did hypothetically grab Jabari, would anyone still want Mirotic as insurance or in order to move Jabari to the 3?

Here’s a question:

If we did hypothetically grab Jabari, would anyone still want Mirotic as insurance or in order to move Jabari to the 3?
No for me its an either or. Plus I dont think Jabari can play the 3. But I guess I could be wrong on that.

Mirotic is the better player right now. Jabari still has a bigger upside but also a bigger risk. Jabari also has a potentially longer contract and better ability to retain long term.

I would be happy with either player. I like Mirotic a lot. He is playing at an elite level right now. But I also would like to see Jazz take some bigger risk trades that have a high upside.

Honestly think Hood and Favors for Jabari makes sense. Jabari either isn't playing or will be a shell, so the trade likely results in net losses this season. Win-win.

I think we should be targeting Mirotic AND Kemba. I mean, why not?

We orchestrate a 3 team deal to get Mirotic:
Favors to Cleveland
Mirotic to Utah
Expirings and the Cleveland 2018 1st to Chicago
Bulls get their 1st, Cleveland gets a big who helps them (more than Frye, Calderon, etc.) and we get Mirotic

Then we trade with Charlotte
Charlotte gets Rubio, Hood, Joe Johnson, our 2018 2nd and a future 2nd
Utah gets Kemba and one of their bad contracts (Kidd-Gilchrist OR Marvin Williams)
Hornets get a good player in Hood and out of one of their bad contracts. We get Kemba but have to take a bad contract.

2018-19
PG Kemba
SG Mitchell
SF Ingles
PF Mirotic
C Gobert
Bench: Exum, Jerekbo, Thabo, Neto, Bradley, Udoh, MKG, O'Neal, Burks, 2018 1st rounder.

2019-20
Jerekbo, Thabo, Udoh and Burks come off the books and we have to re-sign Mirotic, Walker and Neto.

2020-21
MKG comes off the books and we have to re-sign O'Neal.

We only are really concerned about the luxury in 2019 and possibly 2021 or 2022.

I think we should be targeting Mirotic AND Kemba. I mean, why not?

We orchestrate a 3 team deal to get Mirotic:
Favors to Cleveland
Mirotic to Utah
Expirings and the Cleveland 2018 1st to Chicago
Bulls get their 1st, Cleveland gets a big who helps them (more than Frye, Calderon, etc.) and we get Mirotic

Then we trade with Charlotte
Charlotte gets Rubio, Hood, Joe Johnson, our 2018 2nd and a future 2nd
Utah gets Kemba and one of their bad contracts (Kidd-Gilchrist OR Marvin Williams)
Hornets get a good player in Hood and out of one of their bad contracts. We get Kemba but have to take a bad contract.

2018-19
PG Kemba
SG Mitchell
SF Ingles
PF Mirotic
C Gobert
Bench: Exum, Jerekbo, Thabo, Neto, Bradley, Udoh, MKG, O'Neal, Burks, 2018 1st rounder.

2019-20
Jerekbo, Thabo, Udoh and Burks come off the books and we have to re-sign Mirotic, Walker and Neto.

2020-21
MKG comes off the books and we have to re-sign O'Neal.

We only are really concerned about the luxury in 2019 and possibly 2021 or 2022.

I would be pretty happy with those trades. The first one seems like a likely scenario. The second one I doubt we can get Kemba for Hood and taking back a bad contract while giving them a bad contract in Rubio. The 2nds are meaningless, we would have to give up our pick this year to get him. Maybe they would go for that trade with our first that we put a top 3 restriction on just in case we win the lottery.

I do really like Kemba but I think a Wing is a bigger priority than a PG personally. I think Mitchell and Exum can be our PG or our PG/SG combo if Exum develops.

I would be pretty happy with those trades. The first one seems like a likely scenario. The second one I doubt we can get Kemba for Hood and taking back a bad contract while giving them a bad contract in Rubio. The 2nds are meaningless, we would have to give up our pick this year to get him. Maybe they would go for that trade with our first that we put a top 3 restriction on just in case we win the lottery.

I do really like Kemba but I think a Wing is a bigger priority than a PG personally. I think Mitchell and Exum can be our PG or our PG/SG combo if Exum develops.

Yeah, the 2nd one would be the first offer which I'm sure Charlotte counters. I think our best counter offer would be to offer Burks and take back Marvin. If we did that, Charlotte saves $3 million next year but an additional $15 million for 2019-20. If Charlotte uses Kemba to get a player like Hood and they also save $28 million in 2019, I think that's pretty valuable to them.

Yeah, the 2nd one would be the first offer which I'm sure Charlotte counters. I think our best counter offer would be to offer Burks and take back Marvin. If we did that, Charlotte saves $3 million next year but an additional $15 million for 2019-20. If Charlotte uses Kemba to get a player like Hood and they also save $28 million in 2019, I think that's pretty valuable to them.

Hood and salary relief are not good enough to get an all-star player back. It will take that and a 1st round pick and even that might not be enough. You over value cap space.

Hood and salary relief are not good enough to get an all-star player back. It will take that and a 1st round pick and even that might not be enough. You over value cap space.

This is an article from yesterday: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-to-work-out-deal-with-knicks-for-star-guard/

Quote: "Charlotte is hoping a Walker trade returns a good young player or a first-round pick, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Knicks have first-round draft picks and a promising young player in Frank Ntilikina.

But the other part of Charlotte's request is a holdup for the Knicks. Wojnarowski reports that Charlotte appears eager to shed one of its less desirable contracts. That would mean the Knicks would likely need to take on extra salary to acquire Walker, ..."

So Charlotte wants either a young player OR a 1st plus shed some contracts. Does Hood qualify as a "young player"? Not sure. The article mentions Frank Ntilikina. If I was a Charlotte fan, I would be more intrigued by a proven but still young Duke product in Hood over an unknown like FN.

This is an article from yesterday: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-to-work-out-deal-with-knicks-for-star-guard/

Quote: "Charlotte is hoping a Walker trade returns a good young player or a first-round pick, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Knicks have first-round draft picks and a promising young player in Frank Ntilikina.

But the other part of Charlotte's request is a holdup for the Knicks. Wojnarowski reports that Charlotte appears eager to shed one of its less desirable contracts. That would mean the Knicks would likely need to take on extra salary to acquire Walker, ..."

So Charlotte wants either a young player OR a 1st plus shed some contracts. Does Hood qualify as a "young player"? Not sure. The article mentions Frank Ntilikina. If I was a Charlotte fan, I would be more intrigued by a proven but still young Duke product in Hood over an unknown like FN.
Frank is more valuable than Hood especially to a team that looks to be doing a reboot and probably tank. I am guessing it would take, Frank a 1st and taking back some bad salary for Knicks to get Kemba.

Frank is more valuable than Hood especially to a team that looks to be doing a reboot and probably tank. I am guessing it would take, Frank a 1st and taking back some bad salary for Knicks to get Kemba.

The article clearly says that Charlotte wants to shed contracts and NY is unwilling. If I was NY, I would trade their first, Ntilikina, Baker and Quinn to get back Walker. New York might actually become attractive again with Walker, HardawayJr,

I think Ntilikina is more valuable than Hood but my logic is that Charlotte is not getting a 1st and a good young player. They are more likely to get either AND future cap relief. I think we could be an option as we get to the deadline.

The article clearly says that Charlotte wants to shed contracts and NY is unwilling. If I was NY, I would trade their first, Ntilikina, Baker and Quinn to get back Walker. New York might actually become attractive again with Walker, HardawayJr,

I think Ntilikina is more valuable than Hood but my logic is that Charlotte is not getting a 1st and a good young player. They are more likely to get either AND future cap relief. I think we could be an option as we get to the deadline.

I dont really trust what rumors are about what teams are saying. Even if they are true they are just posturing. Take a look at what All-Star level players have been traded for.

Bledsoe is not as good as Kemba and he went for an expiring contract, 1st round pick and 2nd. Kemba will go for more than that.

Look at what Butler went for. I think Kemba is not quite as valuable as him but closer to that.