What's new

Thoughts and Prayers

I’d hit it.

not sure which one i like more...

images

images

Instead of putting up barbwires around every single schools in the country and turn them into barracks for kids, why not just make it harder for people to get automatic assault weapons designed to kill hundreds at a time?

I really don't get it.

Nobody is killing anybody with automatic weapons.

Look through the regulations of how to buy an automatic. Come back and tell me all the problems with. Attempt a little research, please, before regurgitating **** out your mouth.

Surprised how nobody is talking about Donny saying we should take guns away and worry about due process later.

But he's owned by the NRA, right???

/fwiw, not a big fan of the NRA.
//or Donald.

So somebody posted a statistics that even trained police officers in critical situations are able to hit intended targets in only 18% of their shots. You all gun lovers tell me is it worth having a gun for self defense when your odds at hitting the target are so pathetically low? And please do not tell me you are better shooters then police officers.
But maybe that is the reason you guys want AR-15's and other high capacity weapons... maybe that 1 bullet from 30 you will spray will hit it lol.

Figures don't lie but liars figure.

That number is for gunfights, and should be expected. The number for non-gunfights is 27%, with 3.5 rounds on average. With those odds police have a very good probability of success in defending themselves or others.

Also, as far as I can tell, these numbers don't adjust for automobile shootouts where we've all seen multiple police dumping an entire clip into a car, knowing well enough that most bullets won't hit the intended target.

Is he now saying he never said the things he previously said?

And I'm confused, have we been at war with Eastasia or Eurasia forever and always?

Seriously

“1984” and “it can’t happen here” are closer to documentaries of our time than fiction. Scary ****

I seriously think he’s the Joker and he’s wanting to watch the world burn.

No, for real. I don’t even believe he believes what he says. He’s just chucking crap at the wall and seeing what causes the most chaos.

Can Mueller hurry the **** up and save the world by getting Trump out of the White House?

Why is it that my workplace is more secure than my children's school? I'd happily trade the security measures here for the ones at my children's school. We have armed security guards at the public entrance, a crew watching cameras during business hours, area patrol, and access badges. Tell me the government can't figure out how to "barbwire" schools when they already do it for adults, who, BTW, are able to conceal carry and provide an additional layer of protection (many of my co-workers do).

Why is it that my workplace is more secure than my children's school? I'd happily trade the security measures here for the ones at my children's school. We have armed security guards at the public entrance, a crew watching cameras during business hours, area patrol, and access badges. Tell me the government can't figure out how to "barbwire" schools when they already do it for adults, who, BTW, are able to conceal carry and provide an additional layer of protection (many of my co-workers do).

Because people still want to believe in this fallacy that children are innocent in all ways and shouldn't have to be subject to these things.

Ideally, none of us would need the police, protection of any sort, security measures of any kind, insurance, banks, etc etc. Unfortunately, we have to live in the real world where stuff like this is happening, and will continue to happen regardless of what laws are implemented.

Oh, and kids shouldn't have to have their school look like a "prison". Even if it keeps them safe.

this is so unbelievably sad

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...parkland-survivors-killed-shooting/810339002/

the father of two survivors of the Parkland shooting was shot and killed in the convenience store he owned
...Alama Ali, 16, told CNN her father encouraged her to travel to Washington, D.C., for "March for Our Lives" to push for gun law changes.

"When I was in Washington, he asked about it. He watched it on TV," she told CNN. "We're trying to be strong, but it's overwhelming."

Broward County deputies say Ali was working behind the cash register when a man entered the store with a gun and demanded cash. After leaving with the money, he returned to shoot and kill Ali, authorities said.

I am not one to advocate for mob justice, but in this case, it seems fitting

It’s pretty obvious that money is the real issue here.

The NRA makes money by electing republicans who attack american gun laws. Russians have exploited this and have donated money to the Republican Party through the NRA’s money laundering.

This makes it:

a) difficult to pass sensible gun laws because republicans refuse to compromise or risk losing valuable campaign dollars. This means a continuation of our abnormal gun violence rates. More death so republicans can stay in power.

b) makes it difficult for congress today to stand up against Russian attacks since the republicans have become so filthy with dirty russian money “donated” by the NRA. Capitulate to Putin to sweep dirty Russian rubles under the rug.

Sad

This was one of the major fears when the SC ruled on citizens united.