What's new

Thoughts on Hayward

He hasn't played great, but he has hustled and Sloan likes those type of players. Hopefully his jump shot will improve.

I thought about it and if the Jazz did take Sanders, who the hell is the Jazz's back up SF? Jeffers???? I would much rather have a young Hayward than Jeffers that gets blocked every time. Paul George is who I think the Jazz will look back and realize it was a mistake passing on him; he has done pretty well in the first 3 games.

The thing that makes me mad is Jazz fans waited years for this lotto pick and we get a guy like Hayward. However, it wasn't the Jazz's fault the Knicks did good for once and that no one they wanted slid in the draft. I think Al Forouq Aminu would have been a great pick but he went 8.

All in all, hopefully Hayward gets better and can eventually turn into a more athletic,taller and better defending Horny

I think most forget that Hayward is the only lottery player that didnt go to a crap team. This means all his general stats will be down all year long. He wont be spoon fed field goal attempts and forgiven for retarded rookie mistakes. We cant expect him to make 10 ppg because he wont be offered 5 shots per game. If Hayward plays hard defense and keeps leaning the little aspects of NBA basketball like setting screens, when to switch, proper off ball defense then in three years when he matures he will be head over heels above his classmates. We are groming Hayward to fill an important role on our team, not be the focus point like eight other players taken infront of him.

I think most forget that Hayward is the only lottery player that didnt go to a crap team. This means all his general stats will be down all year long. He wont be spoon fed field goal attempts and forgiven for retarded rookie mistakes. We cant expect him to make 10 ppg because he wont be offered 5 shots per game. If Hayward plays hard defense and keeps leaning the little aspects of NBA basketball like setting screens, when to switch, proper off ball defense then in three years when he matures he will be head over heels above his classmates. We are groming Hayward to fill an important role on our team, not be the focus point like eight other players taken infront of him.

This.

great post. rep'd.

meh he still needs to calm down and just shoot the ball

he's all nerves out there on offense right now. blew that breakaway against okc, misses open jumpers, doesn't know how to take the right shots within the Jazz offense...

he'll learn how to succeed here. he's a smart, athletic tall 19 year old. it's just pretty frustrating to watch at this point. in 20 to 30 games I feel like we'll be able to see a lot better picture of what kind of nba player he's going to be.

meh he still needs to calm down and just shoot the ball

he's all nerves out there on offense right now. blew that breakaway against okc, misses open jumpers, doesn't know how to take the right shots within the Jazz offense...

he'll learn how to succeed here. he's a smart, athletic tall 19 year old. it's just pretty frustrating to watch at this point. in 20 to 30 games I feel like we'll be able to see a lot better picture of what kind of nba player he's going to be.

Miles is still frustrating to watch at times and he is 23. You need to give Hayward 2 years, not 2 games. Right now you just have to live with his nerves or whatever you call it. Atleast he does'nt look like Snyder or Humphries thus far. Lets hope for the best

Miles is still frustrating to watch at times and he is 23. You need to give Hayward 2 years, not 2 games. Right now you just have to live with his nerves or whatever you call it. Atleast he does'nt look like Snyder or Humphries thus far. Lets hope for the best

If you added up Snyder and Humphries IQ it would still be less than Hayward's.

It's often hard to know with a guy like Hayward; he's got a great amount of talent, typified in such a way that conflates perfectly with Utah's scheming, but will he be able to adjust to the NBA's pace?

If he does, I think he will be odd. That is, special. A talent that can make Utah something it hasn't been since Hornacek: an automatic contender, that is casual about winning upwards of 60.

That's assuming a lot. Beyond Hayward. Jefferson has to prove himself equal to or better than Boozer for that to happen.

But beyond the Laker conundrum -- and the issue of a consistent paint presence on D -- what this team was missing with Deron and Boozer as pillars was that third piece.

Hayward's probably a long way off, but he's young. Like Deron and Jefferson.

If he can find his college rhythm in the NBA pace, look out. His mix of ballhandling, passing, shooting and instinct have made me very high on this pick from the start. You can see that the FO at least understands what is missing as far as personnel; or Sloan made them understand.

It's often hard to know with a guy like Hayward; he's got a great amount of talent, typified in such a way that conflates perfectly with Utah's scheming, but will he be able to adjust to the NBA's pace?

If he does, I think he will be odd. That is, special....

That's it.... I'm sure you are a troll. Your schtick is modeled after political grandstanding. PM me to tell me who your other identities are on this board.
kthxbai.

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it. - Malcolm X

Interesting. Quoting Malcolm X, then asking for decorum and restraint. OK.

Irony personified.

What form...?! Look in the mirror.

another wasted pick. Kid is out of his league, doesnt have the body and persoanlly i cant stand guys who fake bake.. He belongs in wnba. Paul george ,cole aldrich, luke babbit, all would have been players. Wow he hustles. Wow i ve also seen him blow layups and get beat down on defense. If he wasnt white all here would see him asa bust. Kirk synder is twice the playr he ever will be

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it. - Malcolm X

Interesting. Quoting Malcolm X, then asking for decorum and restraint. OK.

Irony personified.

What form...?! Look in the mirror.

The latter part of that quote is the most important part.