What's new

Thoughts on Hayward

But when you get a lottery pick, you usually expect an impact player, not a decent role player. Where is his 43% from 3 as a Soph?

....and impact player in that he does what?....come into the league, dominate the ball, throw it all over the place....and force up shots faster than you can count them? Hayward is going to be all right. He's going to fit our system like a glove and he will contribute to our winning way more than our losing!

if hes 6'8 then im 7'4..He looks to be 6'4 maybe 6'5 tops below average athlete or and when ur guarding2s and 3s in the league u betta be an above average athlete

You are a dumb mf! It's apparant you come here starting stupid ****, but you always walk away lookin like a dumb ***. If you want to play the antagonist on the boards, ateast get your facts right so you don't look like a complete tard when you start spittin

Takes all kinds.

*removed by moderator*

*group hug*

Last edited by Sirkickyass; Today at 03:04 AM. Reason: Violates personal attack and inappropriate content rules

So hermaphrodites can't even be referred to? How intolerant.

You know, they are people. Really.

This board's going to have a short life if the psychology of write4u is going to be the standard.

I said he does not look 6'8. If hes 6'8 its the smallest 6'8 ive eva seen. He looks only inch taller then dwill

dwghheight.jpg

You are such a ****ing hater. An inch my ***.

You are an idiot. Luke Babbit sucks. Cole Aldrich would have done jack **** for us.

You've seen him blow layups and get beat down on defense? Holy ****, I've seen Kobe Bryant blow layups and get beat down on defense!! Hayward is going to be the next Kobe!!!

You've been hating on this kid since we drafted him, and are just too much of a hardass to admit how wrong you were. Embarrassing.
Great points.
Now, I'm not comparing Hayward to Kobe. Not even close. But Kobe was absolutely pwned by the Jazz his first couple of years in the league. Bryant couldn't hit a shot in 4th quarter to save his life. We're expecting Hayward to be an all-star after 3 games?

The comparison to CJ is pretty valid, although Miles came in right out of HS. Also, don't forget Hayward had an incredible growth spurt. He was a PG and then shot up to 6'8". He'll need 1-2 years to grow into his body and develop his skills.

Out of the players available at #9, you could probably make equal arguments for Hayward, Babbitt, George, Aldrich and Sanders. And when the players are fairly equal, you then look at need. We may regret not taking Sanders. But KOC knew Millsap was already in place and he was in the process of making the deal for Jefferson (as we learned, KOC had been trying to get Al since the trade deadline the previous season). Aldrich? Please. The guy will be a good rebounder but there's not a chance in hell he'll ever be a decent offensive player, not with the ugly shot of his.

The others? Meh. What have any of those guys done thus far? George is 7-17. Babbitt has played FOUR minutes! Aldrich sure had a monster game against the Jazz, didn't he? That's been his only game thus far.

Even IF Hayward never starts, I think he's going to be a great 6th man. He can initiate the offense, drive and dish, pound the boards. But it's going to take more than 3 games for him to develop. And like was pointed out earlier, he probably won't get as many minutes as the other top-10 picks. Utah already has a core in place, with good starters. Hayward may get 10 mins or 15 tops unless the Jazz have injuries. In other situations, the lottery picks are penciled in as starters or expected to play 30 mins+ from the minute they're drafted.

too slow to guard 2s and 3s atleast starting ones, Nor big or strong enough to guard 4's. Bench player is his ceiling. Sorry but if i was picking 9 i wouldnt be picking a player whos potential is a 6th man. Babbit would have fit way better and he would of still please yall jazz people cuz he is white. Hayward cashed in when he was at his peak after the butler run cuz i bet ya if he would of stayed 4 years he would of been a 2nd rounder. Credit to him for cashing in i cant blame him

the comparison to cj is pretty valid, although miles came in right out of hs. Also, don't forget hayward had an incredible growth spurt. He was a pg and then shot up to 6'8". He'll need 1-2 years to grow into his body and develop his skills.

iawtp

I hated the pick at first, but after watching Hayward play a few games, I'm warming to it. He runs the floor well, makes good reads and passes, and generally knows where to be on the court (on both ends). His shooting range isn't there yet, but that's not an uncommon problem for young rookies.

I wanted the Jazz to pick Aldrich, Henry or Davis at #9, but so far Hayward looks like a better player and fit than any of those players. He may work out, he may not, but the pick looks fine right now.

too slow to guard 2s and 3s atleast starting ones, Nor big or strong enough to guard 4's. Bench player is his ceiling. Sorry but if i was picking 9 i wouldnt be picking a player whos potential is a 6th man. Babbit would have fit way better and he would of still please yall jazz people cuz he is white. Hayward cashed in when he was at his peak after the butler run cuz i bet ya if he would of stayed 4 years he would of been a 2nd rounder. Credit to him for cashing in i cant blame him

6th man is one of the most important positions on a team. At number 9 you are lucky to have a career role player, much less a 6th man.

Maybe you should stick to playing with Barbies from now on.

I hated the pick at first, but after watching Hayward play a few games, I'm warming to it. He runs the floor well, makes good reads and passes, and generally knows where to be on the court (on both ends). His shooting range isn't there yet, but that's not an uncommon problem for young rookies.

I wanted the Jazz to pick Aldrich, Henry or Davis at #9, but so far Hayward looks like a better player and fit than any of those players. He may work out, he may not, but the pick looks fine right now.

Well said. I think this post is pretty accurate.

wecan play 1 vs 1 or some horse.play with barbies.lol, Still better then what mormons probally did as kids.Do they molest the barbies?

Please follow through on one of these options -
1-take your man-crush on Babbit to Portland.
2- come out of the closet as a true North Colorado Nugget fan that is enjoying saying stupid things on a Jazz board.

Grow up, or just go away.

:)

wecan play 1 vs 1 or some horse.play with barbies.lol, Still better then what mormons probally did as kids.Do they molest the barbies?

This is a joke right? I mean your posting that jazz fans are racist because we "all want white guys" and then your going to make a bigoted statement about what mormons do as kids? If this is some kind of deeply ironic post, well played, otherwise, maybe you want to keep this garbage off the message board.