What's new

THT 20 LB Weight Loss

Some more THT hype from Locked On pod guest.

Sarah Todd said she thinks THT will be a starter and then guessed Sexton will be traded.

Most of the conversation has been about Sexton or Dunn. But we shouldn’t forget that THT was clearly the choice over Dunn last season and that’s also when he played his best ball. So yeah, I don’t think it’s a bad guess.

Some more THT hype from Locked On pod guest.

Sarah Todd said she thinks THT will be a starter and then guessed Sexton will be traded.
This works for me. If THT is good enough to start and use Dunn as the back up it gives us time to see what Keyonte can do and gives us decent size at the point. I have never been on the Sexton bandwagon.

My opinion of Sexton is still overly colored by what I saw out of him in Cleveland. His decision-making was pretty woeful when I watched. The whole experience has led me to believe that his best role on any winning team is a bench-gunner. And, and on our team specifically, almost everything that Sexton does I'd rather that Clarkson was doing it. FWIW.

I caught just a few minutes of the Sarah Todd interview but heard it a little different. She mentioned she wasn't a fan of "non shooters" but thought THT could get the start since he's an expiring contract. Jazz might want to get something in return for him in a trade by the deadline. Didn't catch the Sexton talk although him getting dealt wouldn't be shocking either.

This works for me. If THT is good enough to start and use Dunn as the back up it gives us time to see what Keyonte can do and gives us decent size at the point. I have never been on the Sexton bandwagon.
FWIW, her reasoning for THT was because she thinks the Jazz will want to get a final look at what he is as a starting guard and since he's an expiring contract, there is more urgency to find out compared to other players.

... but thought THT could get the start since he's an expiring contract. Jazz might want to get something in return for him in a trade by the deadline.....
I guarantee you the Jazz aren't thinking this way. You don't bend the rotations for an entire season to get a little extra gravy in the trade of an expiring contract (for someone who will be a UFA by the end of the season!). It's a ludicrous proposition.

I guarantee you the Jazz aren't thinking this way. You don't bend the rotations for an entire season to get a little extra gravy in the trade of an expiring contract (for someone who will be a UFA by the end of the season!). It's a ludicrous proposition.

I think it's more about seeing if he has made a leap. He showed some stuff last year, but wasn't consistent and did a lot of not great stuff. We might be looking to see if he was able to transform himself enough in the offseason to be a long term piece. (I'm not sure what an extension could look like).

I'm not a believer personally, but could understand the rationale of giving him time to see some more.

I think it's more about seeing if he has made a leap. He showed some stuff last year, but wasn't consistent and did a lot of not great stuff. We might be looking to see if he was able to transform himself enough in the offseason to be a long term piece. (I'm not sure what an extension could look like).

I'm not a believer personally, but could understand the rationale of giving him time to see some more.
Yeah, I'm with you. If he puts it all together, then there's a valuable player in there. We aren't gaming his trade value, doe.

I didn't take it as start him to increase his trade value. It was more start him so you get to see him as a starting guard so you can decide to move on from him or not.

I didn't take it as start him to increase his trade value. It was more start him so you get to see him as a starting guard so you can decide to move on from him or not.
With the contractual element and a year of familiarity... I think a good chunk of the good vibes will be lost this year. People will get a bit more chippy internally with the competition. Hardy gonna be tested with some of these hard rotation questions. Unless Ainge helps him out with a trade or two.

With the contractual element and a year of familiarity... I think a good chunk of the good vibes will be lost this year. People will get a bit more chippy internally with the competition. Hardy gonna be tested with some of these hard rotation questions. Unless Ainge helps him out with a trade or two.

100% too many "good" players without it being clear who should or shouldn't be playing