What's new

THT bench warmer application thread

I wouldn’t pass up the chance to **** on THT. But I really don’t think our recent success/early failures were a direct result of THT haha. I think he played up to his standard (which wasn’t high Tbf).

I wouldn’t pass up the chance to **** on THT. But I really don’t think our recent success/early failures were a direct result of THT haha. I think he played up to his standard (which wasn’t high Tbf).

All I know is we’re 8-0 when he doesn’t play.

It’s definitely funny, but obviously is not the whole truth. I actually think more credit needs to be given to Dunn/Sexton rather than giving credit to the lack of THT. They’ve really raised their level.
Plus we 100% lose the Celtics game if tht doesn't play

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

It’s definitely funny, but obviously is not the whole truth. I actually think more credit needs to be given to Dunn/Sexton rather than giving credit to the lack of THT. They’ve really raised their level.
Yeah, but then again... THT being out of the rotation has allowed them to get more responsibility and made the rotations a lot more predictable, providing them with a chance to get into a rhythm (which is huge IMO). Everything affects everything.

People were asking for a consolidation trade because of this very reason, but Hardy solved it in another way. Sucks for THT, but it is what it is. He's had a ton of chances to prove he's a winning player and failed to do it.

iam inclined to agree. If Dunn and sexton didn’t improve tht should still be playing. This is Hardy’s hunger games

THT is not the guilty one. He just get out from the rotation at the wrong time when finally Hardy find some stability and players start to play well. If it last, it's time to day goodbye to THT soon ...

Yeah, but then again... THT being out of the rotation has allowed them to get more responsibility and made the rotations a lot more predictable, providing them with a chance to get into a rhythm (which is huge IMO). Everything affects everything.

People were asking for a consolidation trade because of this very reason, but Hardy solved it in another way. Sucks for THT, but it is what it is. He's had a ton of chances to prove he's a winning player and failed to do it.
Great post. I had/have been begging for the rotation to be tightened up and for the majority of the minutes to go to a chosen few dudes instead of everyone on the team gets 20 minutes (I exaggerate but still).
I still think the rotation needs to be tightened up even more. Still too many nights with only one or two guys getting over 30 minutes and like 8 or 9 guys getting between 15-29 minutes imo.

Great post. I had/have been begging for the rotation to be tightened up and for the majority of the minutes to go to a chosen few dudes instead of everyone on the team gets 20 minutes (I exaggerate but still).
I still think the rotation needs to be tightened up even more. Still too many nights with only one or two guys getting over 30 minutes and like 8 or 9 guys getting between 15-29 minutes imo.
The strength of the team is the minutes spread

The strength of the team is the minutes spread
On the other hand, we started this great play due to injuries and having less dudes to spread the minutes to. THT and Key were out and we had to increase the minutes of certain dudes.

I think you are right that balance is a huge strength to this team.
I also think that if key and/or tht never get hurt then sexton probably isn't having the stretch that he is having.

I think the same thing that happened with sexton could happen to another player or two if we were to consolidate minutes more.

Maybe we will find out by the trade deadline.

Last edited:
On the other hand, we started this great play due to injuries and having less dudes to spread the minutes to. THT and Key were out and we had to increase the minutes of certain dudes.

I think you are right that balance is a huge strength to this team.
I also think that if key and/or tht never get hurt then sexton probably isn't having the stretch that he is having.

I think the same thing that happened with sexton could happen to another player or two if we were to consolidate minutes more.

Maybe we will find out by the trade deadline.
Sexton had started his quality play before THT got injured...

Sexton had started his quality play before THT got injured...
Agreed. But you left someone out there who was injured.........

If Keyonte and THT never get injured then I doubt sexton gets the minutes he has been getting lately. Im pretty sure THT would still be in the rotation. Would be weird to bench him while he is playing good without that injury. Agree to disagree on this one I guess.

Agreed. But you left someone out there who was injured.........

If Keyonte and THT never get injured then I doubt sexton gets the minutes he has been getting lately. Im pretty sure THT would still be in the rotation. Would be weird to bench him while he is playing good without that injury. Agree to disagree on this one I guess.
He would have.

If you want to point to an injury that helped Sexton it would be Clarkson, not Key/THT