What's new

THT bench warmer application thread

It’s a little simplistic to just say “THT benched and now they’re playing so much better”. Like it has nothing to do with the schedule primarily, some injuries, and improvement by a couple of guys. As far as I can see we have had a handful of reasonably interchangable mediocre players who haven’t known what role they were trying to play. If THT hadn’t gotten hurt he’s likely still playing 20 mins and continuing his good play from his last 8-10 games.

The notion that he stopped playing and therefore we started playing is pretty lame. I mean we barely got past Detroit.

Wait till we go 0-4 and then likely 2-10 in the coming games and it’ll be interesting to see who people blame them. The schedule is horrific and I think things will get ugly pretty quickly

I would still take THT over Sexton. He may never reach it but he has a higher ceiling. I get there is no room for Sexton, THT, Dunn, Clarkson, Keynote etc so someone needs to sit. As for me, I am all about winning so whatever racks up the W's we need to keep doing.

You have every right to have your own wrong opinion.

I would still take THT over Sexton. He may never reach it but he has a higher ceiling. I get there is no room for Sexton, THT, Dunn, Clarkson, Keynote etc so someone needs to sit. As for me, I am all about winning so whatever racks up the W's we need to keep doing.
Yup, but at the end of the day if Sexton is rolling it would be malpractice to interrupt that. You got to build his value for the eventual trade.

Sexton to the Lakers? They are struggling right now and a lot of their guys just dont have the juice. I know they are rumored for Murray, but Sexton is a Richie Paul client and would be cheaper than Murray.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-5-2024_2-08-21PM.png

The Lakers remove the protections to the pick they owe us as well.

*I still have no idea how Gabe Vincent got the contract he did* But having the protections remove would be a massive W.

Yup, but at the end of the day if Sexton is rolling it would be malpractice to interrupt that. You got to build his value for the eventual trade.

Sexton to the Lakers? They are struggling right now and a lot of their guys just dont have the juice. I know they are rumored for Murray, but Sexton is a Richie Paul client and would be cheaper than Murray.

View attachment 15709

The Lakers remove the protections to the pick they owe us as well.

*I still have no idea how Gabe Vincent got the contract he did* But having the protections remove would be a massive W.
For so many reasons that don't have anything to do with the value in this trade... I just can't.

Okay, now ignore how happy this trade would make me and now think about it.

2027 Lakers pick completely unprotected.
I don't hate it. The pick protections don't scare me that much... cuz even if the Lakers tank their damn faces off the best they can do is like 50% chance at keeping the pick and gives us 50% chance at the 5th pick. If the pick is unprotected they have no incentive to lose so don't tank... maybe they organically suck by then so it would be a top ten pick anyway.

I also hate JHS as a prospect.

Gabe... ehhh he's fine if we get him healthy. A rotation player but not worth 11M or whatever.

Can we make it JC instead. I just think Sexton playing hard gives us something cool to watch and will help with the team enthusiasm during a rebuild.

How about JC to LA, Vincent and DLo to Utah... we get the pick unprotected plus a second. Gets LA under the tax and saves them cash next year. We hopefully have a trade to send DLo for an expiring contract... I don't want him.

How about JC to LA, Vincent and DLo to Utah... we get the pick unprotected plus a second. Gets LA under the tax and saves them cash next year. We hopefully have a trade to send DLo for an expiring contract... I don't want him.
Sure, but I would think the Lakers want to add players without subtracting.

D'Lo is having a fine season. So switching him out for JC is potentially a negative move. At least with adding Sexton you're getting more scoring and more lineup options for when Cam/Prince are giving you nothing on offense.

The real player they *need* (though given how they acted last year when we tried to gift them Conley/Bogey I'm not sure they know this) is Simone.

Can we make it JC instead. I just think Sexton playing hard gives us something cool to watch and will help with the team enthusiasm during a rebuild.
I get that, even as a Sexton hater his past month of play has changed my opinion on him to some degree, but I still think it would be smart business to sell high on him.

I just dont think he's a playoff player. He was mediocre as a 6th man but he can't be a starter on a playoff team with aspirations of getting out of the first round.

Sure, but I would think the Lakers want to add players without subtracting.

D'Lo is having a fine season. So switching him out for JC is potentially a negative move. At least with adding Sexton you're getting more scoring and more lineup options for when Cam/Prince are giving you nothing on offense.

The real player they *need* (though given how they acted last year when we tried to gift them Conley/Bogey I'm not sure they know this) is Simone.
They only shop name brand. Wouldn't even know what to do with a "Fonztekkeo?".

Pelinka's job should be fairly easy... and yet he hasn't figured it out.

I just figured if they wanted Sexton they'd want JC and the money this year and next is a big part of the deal.

Simone should be this massive trade piece IMO.

If I was a contender and I had an interesting rookie contract player who couldnt make my rotation, I would be calling Utah about swapping him out for Simone.

Simone should be this massive trade piece IMO.

If I was a contender and I had an interesting rookie contract player who couldnt make my rotation, I would be calling Utah about swapping him out for Simone.

He will be a RFA too.

I get that, even as a Sexton hater his past month of play has changed my opinion on him to some degree, but I still think it would be smart business to sell high on him.

I just dont think he's a playoff player. He was mediocre as a 6th man but he can't be a starter on a playoff team with aspirations of getting out of the first round.
I think his issues as 6th man were in part due to how he was being used and also just a shooting slump. I don't think he has to start to give you this type of production.

I can't decide if it would be selling high or if we roll to the end of the season and he keeps this up if he'd be worth a bunch more. I don't think what he is doing is unsustainable.