What's new

THT bench warmer application thread

When you’re getting minutes you shouldn’t due to your agent there was probably some locker room issues. I mean all of the players have eyes like us. How many times are they going to see THT do some wild **** before they start to wonder why this guy is getting minutes over me.
THT averaged 15-4-2-1.5 in December on great shooting splits and playing better D than Sexton (and he got hurt when the schedule hit a soft spot). You can critique THT all you want (and most of them are pretty valid), but to act like his December play did not warrant getting minutes is just you being a straight up fraud. It's funny how love to bring up me "falling off" constantly, yet your whole schtick is just trying to copy me and failing to do so. Because even in my trolling I still inject more actual basketball conversation and knowledge into my post than you could ever do in even your most serious attempts.

Also, Clarkson does just as much "wild ****" as THT, if not more. THT also plays far better defense than Sexton, Clarkson, or Keyonte. So this is idea of THT not being able to get minutes because his play being so egregious is a ridiculous statement. If the whole "oh, what will palyers think when they see player X do Y bad habit" was a thing, then watching Sexton/Clarkson (especially Clarkson) play defense would be at the top of the list of reason not to play someone.

And you know Sexton/THT share the same agent, right?

We all know what THT isnt getting minutes:

The Jazz have to play Clarkson/Sexton. It's non-negotiable. Both players are on long-term deals that need to be dealt at some point to improve the team, so it's in the interest of the team to put them in positions to succeed more so than THT. Even if you dont agree with the "need to be dealt" at some point part, them being on long-term deals makes their integration into the system more important than a player on an expiring contract.

The Jazz also have to play Keyonte. He's the future. IT's clear to everybody. That's why even when he does the slightest positive thing he will get his minutes bumped over Sexton/Dunn.

So why dont they play THT over Dunn if THT is playing so well? Good question, and it's a decision I disagree with, but if you are playing THT/Sexton/Clarkson all major minutes, the shot distribution is going to sway too heavily to just those 3 players. Dunn is good because he provides some balance to shot distribution. I would personally just play the best talent, but I get the reason why Hardy isnt doing that currently.

Hell THT should be playing over Ochai as well, but Ochai is on a rookie deal and you need to develop him.

Horton-Tucker has logged two consecutive DNP-CDs while making just one appearance across Utah's last six contests.

Before this stretch of near-complete removal from the rotation, Horton-Tucker had logged back-to-back starts with 30 minutes. Keyonte George, Kris Dunn and Simone Fontecchio have been on the rise of late, but Horton-Tucker leads all Utah players with a plus-9.1 net rating per 100 possessions this season -- excluding garbage time. Although that metric can be dictated by who Horton-Tucker shares the floor with, it's unclear why he's been entirely scrapped from Utah's lineups at this time.

Say what you want about THT, but his play this year isnt why he isnt playing currently. He's consistently been one of the most impactful players on the team.

I find of this quite funny. Half of the people here were saying JC should be trade 6 games ago as he was terrible and the same saying Sexton should never be a starter :). Now they are good and nobody speal anymore about that. Disease of the ERA, people have stong opinions very fast... until they change it quite as fast, and struggle to admit when they are wrong. Luckily it's just basket ball :)

Did you ignore the part where one is on a long-term contract that isnt easily tradeable and the other is on an expiring?

Hard to tell if you just act stupid or you are actually stupid.
Lol Sexton and JC have very team friendly deals and playing themselves into value. I’m also not convinced the jazz want to trade them or at least not JC though Hardy doesn’t need to start Sexton if he didn’t want to.

But I must thank you. You going down with the THT ship is super entertaining.

I find of this quite funny. Half of the people here were saying JC should be trade 6 games ago as he was terrible and the same saying Sexton should never be a starter :). Now they are good and nobody speal anymore about that. Disease of the ERA, people have stong opinions very fast... until they change it quite as fast, and struggle to admit when they are wrong. Luckily it's just basket ball :)
Oh, I’ve been saying since last year that sexton should start, and I still want JC traded.

Lol Sexton and JC have very team friendly deals and playing themselves into value. I’m also not convinced the jazz want to trade them or at least not JC though Hardy doesn’t need to start Sexton if he didn’t want to.

But I must thank you. You going down with the THT ship is super entertaining.
Thank you for proving my point. The Jazz are letting Sexton/JC ride this hot wave to play themselves into the value. That's the entire point.

What THT ship am I going down on exactly? I said the guy would play great this year, and despite a slow start, he played great in December. And once again, I'm right. If he isnt on the Jazz next year, it's whatever, and like Rudy, I will enjoy him on his new team and root for him to do well.

Most posters here are incredibly reactionary and dont have any ability to see things with nuance. If you speak with nuance, they will do their best to remove it and make it what they want it to be to either support what they are saying or use it as a strawman to tear down.

If you're deciding who to keep today... Sexton has been really good lately. And THT was good before he got benched. THT could have a bigger upside with his size and length and he's super young. But man oh man Sexton has been balling out. It is a tough choice but I think I'd go with Sexton.

If you're deciding who to keep today... Sexton has been really good lately. And THT was good before he got benched. THT could have a bigger upside with his size and length and he's super young. But man oh man Sexton has been balling out. It is a tough choice but I think I'd go with Sexton.
Sexton, without a doubt, is a safer option.

The shot distribution is better with Dunn playing Dunn ball currently. It is what it is. I'm not going to be too upset when the team is playing well.

Got to think a trade gets worked out at some point.
the funniest trend in JFC is you talking to folks like fish in a condescending way acting like ur some basketball einstein, all the while you collect the most **** for brains takes on our players on an annual basis.

- George

Uh huh

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I really think NAOS was correct -- I can't remember if he answered whether he's on the spectrum or not. The quicker we all just accept him for who he is the less these threads will get bogged down by one debate after another. Reminiscent of the garbage era when the Donovan homers would not stop incessantly hating on Rudy (how are both of them doing rn btw)

- George

THT averaged 15-4-2-1.5 in December on great shooting splits and playing better D than Sexton (and he got hurt when the schedule hit a soft spot). You can critique THT all you want (and most of them are pretty valid), but to act like his December play did not warrant getting minutes is just you being a straight up fraud. It's funny how love to bring up me "falling off" constantly, yet your whole schtick is just trying to copy me and failing to do so. Because even in my trolling I still inject more actual basketball conversation and knowledge into my post than you could ever do in even your most serious attempts.

Also, Clarkson does just as much "wild ****" as THT, if not more. THT also plays far better defense than Sexton, Clarkson, or Keyonte. So this is idea of THT not being able to get minutes because his play being so egregious is a ridiculous statement. If the whole "oh, what will palyers think when they see player X do Y bad habit" was a thing, then watching Sexton/Clarkson (especially Clarkson) play defense would be at the top of the list of reason not to play someone.

And you know Sexton/THT share the same agent, right?

We all know what THT isnt getting minutes:

The Jazz have to play Clarkson/Sexton. It's non-negotiable. Both players are on long-term deals that need to be dealt at some point to improve the team, so it's in the interest of the team to put them in positions to succeed more so than THT. Even if you dont agree with the "need to be dealt" at some point part, them being on long-term deals makes their integration into the system more important than a player on an expiring contract.

The Jazz also have to play Keyonte. He's the future. IT's clear to everybody. That's why even when he does the slightest positive thing he will get his minutes bumped over Sexton/Dunn.

So why dont they play THT over Dunn if THT is playing so well? Good question, and it's a decision I disagree with, but if you are playing THT/Sexton/Clarkson all major minutes, the shot distribution is going to sway too heavily to just those 3 players. Dunn is good because he provides some balance to shot distribution. I would personally just play the best talent, but I get the reason why Hardy isnt doing that currently.

Hell THT should be playing over Ochai as well, but Ochai is on a rookie deal and you need to develop him.

Nobody is reading this novel lil bro

My whole point was that if we were tanking which I’m more and more believing we aren’t, if we were tanking THT would be starting still and Sexton coming off the bench still. Lmao nice try though

Tht might have grown frustrated in his role and probably said something to Hardy and the coaches. Rudy Gay 2.0 ?

Everyone has thoughts and ideas about why tht isn't playing. (I'm in the camp that it's simply if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing. We are playing well with the guys who are playing so why **** it up. If we really start struggling and looking bad again I bet THT get another shot)
None of us actually know though.

Everyone has thoughts and ideas about why tht isn't playing. (I'm in the camp that it's simply if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing. We are playing well with the guys who are playing so why **** it up. If we really start struggling and looking bad again I bet THT get another shot)
None of us actually know though.

+1 . Hardy struggle to find his rotation. Just bad timing for THT when Hardy start something new and it works well right now. Let's see ate the deadline if we still have the same roaster which will be a surprise for me.