What's new

THT Shooting Woes Continue

Dude reminds me of if Mark Jackson and Dante Exum had a baby. That's with him mainly taking after Dante as far as goofiness, uncoordination, and ability to drive nicely to the basket just do something head scratchingly dumb to not finish. As far as Jackson sometimes he is in control, can run the offense, hit an occasional 3 and can play well but it's few and far between.

Dude reminds me of if Mark Jackson and Dante Exum had a baby. That's with him mainly taking after Dante as far as goofiness, uncoordination, and ability to drive nicely to the basket just do something head scratchingly dumb to not finish. As far as Jackson sometimes he is in control, can run the offense, hit an occasional 3 and can play well but it's few and far between.

Please don’t ever compare him to Mark Jackson again. He could only wish to be 1/4 as good as him.

I think the only context THT probably works in as a PG is if you give him an extremely spaced floor to drive and kick to.

The Jazz just don't have that right now. Still feels like THT is the only guy on the team who is drive and kicking w/ any kind of proficiency, but him being on ball so much just kills his efficiency.

Still think he's worth keeping long term as a backup but I'm assuming both parties will probably want a change.

I think the only context THT probably works in as a PG is if you give him an extremely spaced floor to drive and kick to.

The Jazz just don't have that right now. Still feels like THT is the only guy on the team who is drive and kicking w/ any kind of proficiency, but him being on ball so much just kills his efficiency.

Still think he's worth keeping long term as a backup but I'm assuming both parties will probably want a change.

Why would THT want a change? He is getting minutes he doesn’t deserve.

Lock the thread at the top of the board because his shooting percentages aren't going to get much better.

It would be silly if we held this thread at the top of the board all year until he is traded.

Reminds me of Chris Cuomo.

Chris-Cuomo.jpg

Ah damn, even THT is shooting better than George.
Pretty weird thing to say in this thread after a stat posted about pull up shooting.

George has 53.3% EFG on pull ups, including 45.2% from 3. His shooting issues are on C&S shots.

Pretty weird thing to say in this thread after a stat posted about pull up shooting.

George has 53.3% EFG on pull ups, including 45.2% from 3. His shooting issues are on C&S shots.
I'm not buying the narrative that Keyonte is a good shooter who just happens to be having some trouble with C&S. Those are the easiest looks for an NBA player.

When you look at his history, it's much more likely that he's a bad/meh shooter who happens to be on a little hot streak (and I'm really stretching the definition here) on pull-ups.

You don't get a 47.9 TS% by just missing some catch and shoot looks. Keyonte is in danger of sliding completely into the "we'll just ignore this dude" category in other teams' game plans.

I'm not buying the narrative that Keyonte is a good shooter who just happens to be having some trouble with C&S. Those are the easiest looks for an NBA player.

When you look at his history, it's much more likely that he's a bad/meh shooter who happens to be on a little hot streak (and I'm really stretching the definition here) on pull-ups.

You don't get a 47.9 TS% by just missing some catch and shoot looks. Keyonte is in danger of sliding completely into the "we'll just ignore this dude" category in other teams' game plans.
And I don’t buy that you’re an actual person and not a negativity AI, but here we are.

Look the longer it goes the more worried I am about it. His form is good and I think his C&S definitely goes up. Won't be a bad shooter that gets ignored. Its just for him to be a good starter he needs to be a really good shooter not just adequate. I think his pullup likely slides a bit and C&S goes up.... but I'm not sure it nets to something great for now. Other than the runner from like 12-15 feet his in between game is non-existent.

I guess the longer this goes on the more we shouldn't just make assumptions based on his form - which is good but he does fling it a little. For him to be special he needs to be a great shooter... that's my concern right now.

Keyonte is playing the hardest position for young guys on the court. Of course he is going to struggle.

THT is doing the same thing. He's a 22 year old playing PG for the first time.

Got to give these dudes some grace for struggling offensively when they have a big playmaking responsibility on a team that lack consistent primary playmakers.

Got to give these dudes some grace for struggling offensively when they have a big playmaking responsibility on a team that lack consistent primary playmakers.
I do give plenty of grace and don’t get worried about things. That’s if we were talking about something like 39% from the floor or 32% from deep. What we’re seeing now is way outside of that ballpark. And if the retort is that this is what THT shoots now, I’m not giving bonus points for that kind of terrible shooting for someone’s fifth year in the league.