What's new

Tibor Pleiss assigned to Idaho Stampede

Should have started there and then let him work his way into the rotation. Lyles has looked better as of late, but they should consider giving him a spell there as well. Really would have been fine to start the season with Withey and Booker as the top two backup bigs (despite Booker's atrocious play so far.)

sigh. Highest draft pick in 20+ years, and the Jazz turned it into a dleague euro.

sometimes being a Jazz fan is like eating at Taco Bell, you know it is going to hurt, but you just can't stop.

sigh. Highest draft pick in 20+ years, and the Jazz turned it into a dleague euro.

sometimes being a Jazz fan is like eating at Taco Bell, you know it is going to hurt, but you just can't stop.
Next time order some food. Don't just eat the hot sauce packets.

Also, first overall D-League pick Jeff Ayres's highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn_qhVx4SjY

Good lookin highlights from Tibor there. Hes got some ability. Just needs to adjust to the NBA game. I still have hope he can be a solid backup.

Dude still managed to get five fouls in D-league. He just can't stop fouling.

Took long enough...

I think QS wanted to illustrate to The Jazz FO that Pleiss was not NBA ready - that could be the only explanation for him being on the active roster and playing in front of Withey for the first few games.

I know folks customarily view new/foreign national players as projects; but Pleiss is 26. He may get marginally better - otherwise he is what he is. My guess is he gets dropped during the offseason or, best case, filler in some trade.

I think QS wanted to illustrate to The Jazz FO that Pleiss was not NBA ready - that could be the only explanation for him being on the active roster and playing in front of Withey for the first few games.

I know folks customarily view new/foreign national players as projects; but Pleiss is 26. He may get marginally better - otherwise he is what he is. My guess is he gets dropped during the offseason or, best case, filler in some trade.

Before we totally throw in the towel on this guy Rudy had a tough start to his rookie season and had modest numbers in the DLeague. Perhaps with some action he will figure it out.

I think the Jazz were sending a message to Kanter. Jazz are better off with Tibor in the dleague then Kanter taking mins from faves and Gobert

It's satisfying to think of Kanter watching Gobert and favors thriving in starting roles while Kanter plays 17-20 mins a game off the bench.

Hey Kanter!!! How does it feel to know that your not even fit to lace Favers and Gobert's shoes?

Like I said - best case.

I think Jazz are stuck with him unless they eat his contract.
It's possible his agent works out a deal with a European team, and the buyout is less than his contract. That's a bit more realistic.