What's new

Tibor Pleiss assigned to Idaho Stampede

I think the Jazz were sending a message to Kanter. Jazz are better off with Tibor in the dleague then Kanter taking mins from faves and Gobert

I guess no one here knows for sure but that's an awfully nice spin. I think The Jazz FO desperately want Pleiss to succeed because they traded Kanter for him and another guy that's already off the roster.

Comedic gold that Reggie Jackson went to Detroit and the Jazz got ****ing nothing.

I doubt any team wants to take on a D-League scrub making $3mil/year.
Maybe if they really want whatever else involved in the trade and need pliesd salary to make it work?

I bet no one wanted to take on biedrins and his contract yet he was traded to the jazz.
Sometimes how good a player is and how much he makes doesn't stop him from being traded.
Lots of different circumstances can happen

I think the Jazz were sending a message to Kanter. Jazz are better off with Tibor in the dleague then Kanter taking mins from faves and Gobert

Yes, the Jazz make personnel decisions using the same logic as a high school cheerleader sending out party invitations.

I still think he has a chance to be a decent backup. He'll never be strong but if he works on it and goes to P3 he can certainly improve physically. As much as QS focuses on player development I'd bet they have a plan for Tibor, as long as Tibor has the drive to improve.

Comedic gold that Reggie Jackson went to Detroit and the Jazz got ****ing nothing.

What did you expect in exchange for partial year of Kanter and the right to match an offer you have no intention of matching?

It would have been a good deal with just OKC's first round pick.

Good lookin highlights from Tibor there. Hes got some ability. Just needs to adjust to the NBA game. I still have hope he can be a solid backup.

I don't. I think Ti-bore will end up being your garden variety Euro stiff.

What did you expect in exchange for partial year of Kanter and the right to match an offer you have no intention of matching?

It would have been a good deal with just OKC's first round pick.
You mean the piece that pried Jackson away in the first place? Uhh, I don't know, maybe Reggie ****ing Jackson?

This. ^^^

Blown opportunity. They should have done a disgruntled player swap - Kanter for Jackson and then gone into the offseason looking to match. Jackson's cap hold was $5.5 million and I doubt that he would have gotten a huge offer as a RFA. Even with Dante and Burke in the fold, it would have been a good move.

This. ^^^

Blown opportunity. They should have done a disgruntled player swap - Kanter for Jackson and then gone into the offseason looking to match. Jackson's cap hold was $5.5 million and I doubt that he would have gotten a huge offer as a RFA. Even with Dante and Burke in the fold, it would have been a good move.

He would have just played his qualifying offer out if we didn't max him. Just like Kanter would have done if OKC didn't max. Their agents are well aware of the cap spike.
So unless you want Jackson at the max, its a dead end trade.

Welcome back to big leagues octopleiss

He would have just played his qualifying offer out if we didn't max him. Just like Kanter would have done if OKC didn't max. Their agents are well aware of the cap spike.
So unless you want Jackson at the max, its a dead end trade.

TBH, if he put up the kind of numbers that he did for Detroit last year (despite their disfunction) I'd have been pretty happy to figure out how to keep him around. Still think that you go into a trade trying to get the best assets back.

Reggie Jackson >>>>>>>>> Tibor + 2018 late 1st draft pick.

Sort the contract stuff out later. Put talent in the building and the rest of it works out. Getting rid of Kanter, adding Jackson and putting Rudy into the starting lineup. . .

I think we'd have been elated with the results. I'm sure Detroit is pretty happy that they got the best player out of the deal.

I don't. I think Ti-bore will end up being your garden variety Euro stiff.

fair enough. he certainly looked lost, and not ready for the NBA. There are skills there though. Hes played well against good comp in Europe.

we shall see how it plays out

fair enough. he certainly looked lost, and not ready for the NBA. There are skills there though. Hes played well against good comp in Europe.

we shall see how it plays out

I think generally unless they are really a great player it normally takes a Euro player one season in the NBA before they adjust well so I think there is still hope for Tibor. But of course new hope for backup C is Jacob Poetl.

You mean the piece that pried Jackson away in the first place? Uhh, I don't know, maybe Reggie ****ing Jackson?

That would have been perfect for the Jazz -- Disgruntled Jackson takes minutes away from Exum for the rest of the season and then we don't match his max deal. That would have helped us an awful lot.

That would have been perfect for the Jazz -- Disgruntled Jackson takes minutes away from Exum for the rest of the season and then we don't match his max deal. That would have helped us an awful lot.

Reggie Jackson wanted to be a starter. Based on his play since the trade, I have no doubt that he'd have stepped into that role with Exum and Burke coming in off the bench. Just because he was disgruntled in OKC doesn't mean he'd have the same attitude towards Utah - in fact, based on his reaction to the trade, I think he'd have been ecstatic for the opportunity. And if he came in to Utah and played like he did for Detroit, the Jazz would have found a way to make it work - either by letting him play out his QO, extending him like Detroit did or matching his contract offer in free agency. Its not like they really came out ahead except that they didn't have Kanter anymore. Again, I'd suggest that Detroit is pretty damn happy with how it worked out. I think the Jazz would have been also if they had just cut the Pistons out of the equation.

Dubious at best

Fair enough. The Pistons threw a max at him. Let's assume that he plays well enough to get the 4 year max offer like Hayward did with a 4th year player option. I'm not certain that is the case, but at that point he's playing like a solid starter on a playoff team. I'm pretty sure you match the offer and feel good about things moving forward.