What's new

Titanic Submarine

The Thriller

This is a big story. Or at least the media is making it big. Hope they are found alive but it’s not looking good. I saw on YouTube a similar submarine. Nope! You couldn’t pay me $250k to get into one of those. You’ll never see me climb Everest (I hate heights and cold) and get into a submarine that isn’t a ride at Disneyland.

Being on a sub sounds like one of the most miserable experiences. Imagine paying a bunch of money for that. There was also some red flags apparently with the sub.

Scores of former passengers who have ridden on board the Titan, the submersible that disappeared Sunday with five on board while en route to the wreckage site of the Titanic, have described in detail the chilling flaws they encountered during their trips—with one passenger calling the voyage a “suicide mission.”

Nearly all former passengers spoke of electrical and communication failures—jarring issues that ex-passenger Mike Reiss described as a common occurrence on dives by OceanGate, the company that operates the missing submersible.

The dude in charge didn’t want to hire 50 year old white submariners who knew what they were doing.

Scores of former passengers who have ridden on board the Titan, the submersible that disappeared Sunday with five on board while en route to the wreckage site of the Titanic, have described in detail the chilling flaws they encountered during their trips—with one passenger calling the voyage a “suicide mission.”

Nearly all former passengers spoke of electrical and communication failures—jarring issues that ex-passenger Mike Reiss described as a common occurrence on dives by OceanGate, the company that operates the missing submersible.

That’s crazy!

I saw this video of the interior:

Yeah nope!

And I read this:
So so sooooo many red flags.

The owner and captain had a real dislike for bureaucratic red tape and safety regulations. Said that piloting a sub should be easy and not require special training.
I get that this company wasn’t marketing for non-billionaire chumps like me. But when it comes to diving 2+ miles below sea level to a place that few human beings have been to, I’m all about that “bureaucratic” red tape and safety regulations. Keep this thing as safe as possible.

I’m not an expert In this field. But relying on a PlayStation controller probably isn’t a good thing.

I’ve gotta think that most subs have homing beacons, radios (apparently this sub could only communicate via text?), sonar, and I dunno chairs?! This thing didn’t even have seats.

Just imagine all the other stuff someone could’ve purchased for $250k… some pretty sweet fishing equipment. Front row Super Bowl tickets. Land in Kamas or Midway (it’s a dream of mine).

Just sad.

In a way, if you are a big Titantic geek, dying close by would equate to "dying while doing what they loved."

I don't like to think about what could have been happening for them. I hope they died shortly after having lost contact with above.

In a way, if you are a big Titantic geek, dying close by would equate to "dying while doing what they loved."

I don't like to think about what could have been happening for them. I hope they died shortly after having lost contact with above.
I guess it depends on if it imploded due to pressure/leaking or if they ran out of oxygen. I think the latter would be much longer and torturous.

Wasn’t there a couple down there? I think I’d wanna bang one last time…even if there were three others present.

Hey, coddled children of billionaires gotta contribute to society somehow, even if it is through a darwin award.

Wasn’t there a couple down there? I think I’d wanna bang one last time…even if there were three others present.
Could get real freaky knowing you are going out anyway. Anyone for a 5-way?

There’s some real irony here.

The Titanic threw caution to the wind and look at what happened. This sub company threw caution to the wind and look at what happened.

A guy (on FB, so grain of salt) calculated the force they would have felt to be the equivalent of 218.6 kilos of TNT. They might have heard the crack as something gave way, but that would probably be it, as close to instantaneous as you can get.

A guy (on FB, so grain of salt) calculated the force they would have felt to be the equivalent of 218.6 kilos of TNT. They might have heard the crack as something gave way, but that would probably be it, as close to instantaneous as you can get.
So was the reported banging every 30 mins just false? Pretty sure it was widely reported that there was banging every 30 mins. Or did these folks see the writing on the wall and decide to end it? Could the sub even be opened from the inside? Or did it implode days ago?