What's new

Titanic Submarine

Guys, right now is NOT the time to discuss safety regulations for submarines or the best way to manage private deep sea tourist organizations. Now is the time for thoughts and prayers for the billionaires lost.

You're right Everest crossed my mind and there are some similarites and some differences
This may make some reconsider climbing Everest or it may not make any difference

the top of Everest is pretty much a graveyard

Guys, right now is NOT the time to discuss safety regulations for submarines or the best way to manage private deep sea tourist organizations. Now is the time for thoughts and prayers for the billionaires lost.

Its impossible to regulate them, providers will just register the boat in territories without any regulations.

It is, there was interest in turning it into museum but the costs were prohibitive.
I don't really know anything specific about what she's up to.

Last edited:
I think we need a lot more good guys with subs.

Frankly getting into a submarine to check out a wreck or getting into a rocket to fly into space for 5 minutes is never a problem I'll be confronted with. Mate of mine was telling me about how killer whales have started attacking yachts!

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-shetland-first-such-incident-northern-waters

Some bright spark said people shouldn't laugh about this cause they are attacking "working class" yachts, as if such a thing exists. crazy times.

orca-memes-killer-whale-memes-orcas-attacking-yachts-submarine-missing-submarine-funny-funny-tweets

IMG_9844.jpg

Without the graves, since they aren't buried.

Edit: I guess a lot of them are buried by ice and snow.

I believe some of the bodies have been recovered recently and some of the rubbish on the top of the mountain was removed.

A guy (on FB, so grain of salt) calculated the force they would have felt to be the equivalent of 218.6 kilos of TNT. They might have heard the crack as something gave way, but that would probably be it, as close to instantaneous as you can get.
Someone said it implodes at 1500 mph.

Did you know that more people die in car accidents than deep sea underwater sub accidents? Why can’t we focus on car accidents? Why didn’t that fender Bender I saw on I15 yesterday get the attention that this blown sub got?

I bet if we could pass gas another tax cut for wealthy people they wouldn’t then resort to cutting corners when building deep sea recreational death trap subs. Tinkle down economics work. You give them tax cuts. They build a sub that doesn’t implode on themselves at 1,500 mph. And you working Joe get a job cleaning the floor and toilet of the sub after they’re done seeing the titanic.

Win win

**** no!

I was on an aircraft carrier. The USS Nimitz (CVN 68) to be exact. I think it has started decommissioning.
That’s right.

Wasn’t it in San Diego?

I remember you talking about the difference between a nuclear powered ship and a diesel one. How much more room you had on the nuclear. Anyway, I’m curious what these folks had on this titanic sub for a crapper. The thing looks like a big pipe with glass glued to it.

I guess we know now that it probably imploded days ago.

But if it hadn’t and they’d just run out of oxygen… could you imagine days of sitting there in the dark running out of oxygen and pissing in whatever that sub had for a crapper?

Indeed. It's a harsh blow to society when someone capable of spending that much money because they are bored with life is taken from us. Imagine the money they won't spend now! That's the unspoken tragedy in all this.

There’s some real irony here.

The Titanic threw caution to the wind and look at what happened. This sub company threw caution to the wind and look at what happened.
Yeah, Cameron pointed that out as well.

Questions here, as well, as Navy sensors did detect the implosion when it happened Sunday….

“We got confirmation within an hour that there had been a loud bang at the same time that the sub comms were lost," Mr Cameron, who directed the 1997 movie Titanic, said.

"A loud bang on the hydrophone. Loss of transponder. Loss of comms. I knew what happened. The sub imploded," he said, adding that he told colleagues in an email on Monday, "We've lost some friends," and, "It's on the bottom in pieces right now”.

Last edited:
Indeed. It's a harsh blow to society when someone capable of spending that much money because they are bored with life is taken from us. Imagine the money they won't spend now! That's the unspoken tragedy in all this.
If any of you want to spend $250k on the “Human Fund”, you should donate. DM me for details. I accept cash or Venmo…