What's new

Titanic Submarine

So was the reported banging every 30 mins just false? Pretty sure it was widely reported that there was banging every 30 mins. Or did these folks see the writing on the wall and decide to end it? Could the sub even be opened from the inside? Or did it implode days ago?
Days ago. It imploded when communication was first lost. The Coast Guard said the size of the debris field is consistent with an implosion in the water column, meaning the sub wasn't on the bottom when it imploded. They were descending, descending, descending and pop.

So was the reported banging every 30 mins just false? Pretty sure it was widely reported that there was banging every 30 mins. Or did these folks see the writing on the wall and decide to end it? Could the sub even be opened from the inside? Or did it implode days ago?
Or the banging was unrelated. Or the debris is unrelated. Or it could be the kraken playing bongos. Just don't know, yet, but if it did breach...

The dude in charge didn’t want to hire 50 year old white submariners who knew what they were doing.
The only way this could have been any more 2023 is if the submarine had been named the Diversity Equity & Inclusion.

People are really the worst. This horrible, horrible tragedy is being used as humor by awful people.

64933e61eb1f4.webp

I was thinking that if you're a billionaire who goes missing in a sketchy submersible the people closest to you, especially your spouse and children, are probably holding their breath in barely containable excitement and anticipation that you'll be found dead and all the money will be theirs.

I was thinking that if you're a billionaire who goes missing in a sketchy submersible the people closest to you, especially your spouse and children, are probably holding their breath in barely containable excitement and anticipation that you'll be found dead and all the money will be theirs.
Word

Doesn't stop people from climbing Everest.
You're right Everest crossed my mind and there are some similarites and some differences
This may make some reconsider climbing Everest or it may not make any difference

You're right Everest crossed my mind and there are some similarites and some differences
This may make some reconsider climbing Everest or it may not make any difference
I think a big difference is that most people who consider climbing Everest they think that success will be based on their skill and determination. With the sub its just trusting your life to a slapped together cut rate DIY submarine.

I think a big difference is that most people who consider climbing Everest they think that success will be based on their skill and determination. With the sub its just trusting your life to a slapped together cut rate DIY submarine.
Didn’t you serve on a sub?

Pretty much all the news sites are now confirming death by implosion, debris found.

And it probably happened when it disappeared, because the Navy has gone back and analyzed the acoustic data from that time and location, and heard it. And they didn't hear anything from the search buoys they put up later.

Last edited:
Pretty much all the news sites are now confirming death by implosion, debris found.

And it probably happened when it disappeared, because the Navy has gone back and analyzed the acoustic data from that time and location, and heard it. And they didn't hear anything from the search buoys they put up later.
What does such an incident do to the hull of a submarine? Crush it like a soda pop can?

What does it do to the human body?

Yikes

Fortunately, I don’t think they felt much of anything.

What does such an incident do to the hull of a submarine? Crush it like a soda pop can?

What does it do to the human body?

Yikes

Fortunately, I don’t think they felt much of anything.
That's what I mentioned above. It would have had the force of being inside 218.6 kilos of TNT when it exploded. Pretty much instant.

People are really the worst. This horrible, horrible tragedy is being used as humor by awful people.
Losing 300 people who just wanted a chance to have an ordinary life is a horrible, horrible tragedy. Losing 5 people to thrill-seeking entertainment with shoddy equipment is occasionally expected.