What's new

Tony Jones

So they bring over Andy Larsen from KSL because they know Tony is going to be leaving. But then they move their music reporter over to become @tribjazz? I don't get it. Especially when Larsen is probably the best beat writer we've had covering the Jazz in years and years.

I was afraid that would be the perception.

I'll still contribute to @tribjazz every once in a while, but it made sense to give Eric that twitter account because he's going to be going from like 500 followers to 20K or whatever. Meanwhile, I get to bring my audience from @andyblarsen from KSL, SCH and elsewhere to the Trib. Basically, this is the growth-oriented move for the paper.

And I mean this without trying to take anything away from Eric or Tony: I fully plan on dominating the beat this year. THEY WILL KNOW MY NAME. Okay, maybe they'll still call me Blarsen.

So Andy, do you know where Tony is going? I'm sure you can't say where but just curious if you know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well Tony said in the podcast he was going to be at camp but didn't specify a camp, after watching this maybe we're gonna sign and trade him to Denver?

Fwiw, if you’re a sports fan and aren’t subscribed to The Athletic, you’re doing it wrong.

Don’t know how long they’ll last, but great content.

Favs and Tony are pretty tight.

Was one of the reasons I was sad to see Tony go... but turns out he's staying. You could always plan on the Favs info being correct when it came from Tony.

Prolly won't subscribe because I can't read.

I love this move for Tony. I always felt the Trib was a little too confining for him and I'm looking forward to seeing more long-form stuff. Covering a beat is a little different than being a columnist, which I hope is the direction for Tony.

Good for Tony, I hope he enjoys the new gig. Hopefully he still has still has time for Jazz takes on twitter. The season would be weird without them.