What's new

Tony Jones

I don't get the Tony Jones love. Can someone help me. Please tell me what does he bring?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

He's not a homer. He assesses the Jazz evenly. He has a different approach to assessing the team that isn't as obsessed with statistics (though that kind of reporting has its place), but more narrative and flow-driven. He's interactive and fun on Twitter. He cultivated great relationships with players and is a trusted media personality they relate to more than other reporters. I enjoy reading his game coverage. Etc.

He's not a homer. He assesses the Jazz evenly. He has a different approach to assessing the team that isn't as obsessed with statistics (though that kind of reporting has its place), but more narrative and flow-driven. He's interactive and fun on Twitter. He cultivated great relationships with players and is a trusted media personality they relate to more than other reporters. I enjoy reading his game coverage. Etc.

Sounds like he brings good sports coverage.

I'll add... dude is a basketball junkie (like many of us) and truly knows his stuff. He's passionate but not emotional. Good personality too... not all writers are Lee Jenkins. Tony is cool AF.

Thank you. I really haven't read as much of his stuff. I will make sure I check it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

There is something weird about this guy. He’s very insightful, clever and has good skills to analyze. But a bit more cocky than he should be. Reminds me of Cy.

Last edited:

Yeah, that about sums it up. Tony is just a fun and smart guy.

All I did was ask if he was really TJ because other people mentioned it. I didn't really believe it, so I just asked. Why is that harassment?

Online bullying is a crime

Too true, some would call it a tragic epidemic worse than AIDS. In fact the local filth are so concerned by it they're closing down useless squads of detectives like the armed robbery squad, fraud squad, homicide squad, organised crime task forces to focus just on this terrible scourge.

So Damian Lillard tweeted out where some media members were going as a joke on twitter.

And not too long ago. Favors did the same thing and scooped Tony about his position at the Athletic.

Lillard said he did it to show reporters what it feels like to be vulnerable. Essentially give them their own medicine. I wonder if Favors did it for the same reason? Maybe there was love lost there between faves and tjones? Trouble in paradise?