What's new

Top 10 Best Jazz Players of All Time - Final Round!! **VOTE NOW**

Vote on your TOP 10...yes you may select exactly TEN PLAYERS!!!..or less if you can't decide I guess

• Total voters
Up to 79 voters! Keep going, let's get to 100 at least!!

Ok fine I found some lurkers. Now I'm gonna need you to get aaaalllll the way off my back about the lurkers!!

@sahlensguy
@Jeb
@kflygare
@Powshredder
@DasJazz
@rjfan
@Greasy84
@sojodave
@Jazz Fusion
@mdalby
@Ben10
@Zachary
@Spaniard
@Jacob Sell
@Jazzmix
@mongoose01
@sEuL
@margodydek
@whatthe

Let's go, step out of the shadows and vote!

To be fair I know a few of these do post from time to time, still what better time to pad your stats then to vote now!!

Voted!

Calling bull crap on your bull crap. We have two all time greats. Much and Gobert are premier players today Pistol and Dantley are also HOF players. Eaton one of the all time leaders in blocks.

Don’t be a dumbass there’s just as much talent here as the average franchise. I mean they aren’t the Lakers or Celtics, but few teams come close to that.
Truck was a beast too.

By the way, I was one of the voters who opted out of selecting Stockton, even though I voted for him in the previous two rounds. Those who have speculated that the voter who voted against Stockton had an ulterior motivation are correct (and I see that perhaps a couple of others have also registered their distaste for him since I voted?) I realize that this is not a political poll, but I couldn't help myself. Stockton has permanently tarnished his reputation with me and a lot of other fans of the team, and it's sad. I grew up watching and idolizing the man, and instead of fading into the sunset, he has decided to express destructive opinions that are a danger to public health. If he had merely said he was a Republican or Democrat, that's one thing, but his anti-vax attitude is just too much. Of course, it also doesn't help his cause that in "real life", he Is not a very nice person.

So the vote is simply a protest vote. It's obvious that the guy was one of the top 5 players of all time with the Jazz, and probably a top 25 player in NBA history. It's also a no-brainer that he's going to make the top 10 here in this poll, so no harm done. But he doesn't get to be unanimous here, as apparently is the case, neither will any of the other historically great Jazz players, for whatever reasons.

Anyway, I don't mean this to be a manifesto, this is simply meant to clarify for those who have expressed curiosity earlier in this thread. I hope you can respect the above reasoning and won't flame away. This is a great message board and your efforts here are greatly appreciated.

We need to recruit you to get more people voting in political elections in this country. Your tenacity is refreshing.
Thank you! If they can put up even one candidate that doesn't make me want to vomit then that would work out!

Done, good poll!

I included Joe because I love me lots of Joe his choices in coffee. I miss Joe so much.
Me too my friend, me too. An epic Jazz man to the end.

By the way, I was one of the voters who opted out of selecting Stockton, even though I voted for him in the previous two rounds. Those who have speculated that the voter who voted against Stockton had an ulterior motivation are correct (and I see that perhaps a couple of others have also registered their distaste for him since I voted?) I realize that this is not a political poll, but I couldn't help myself. Stockton has permanently tarnished his reputation with me and a lot of other fans of the team, and it's sad. I grew up watching and idolizing the man, and instead of fading into the sunset, he has decided to express destructive opinions that are a danger to public health. If he had merely said he was a Republican or Democrat, that's one thing, but his anti-vax attitude is just too much. Of course, it also doesn't help his cause that in "real life", he Is not a very nice person.

So the vote is simply a protest vote. It's obvious that the guy was one of the top 5 players of all time with the Jazz, and probably a top 25 player in NBA history. It's also a no-brainer that he's going to make the top 10 here in this poll, so no harm done. But he doesn't get to be unanimous here, as apparently is the case, neither will any of the other historically great Jazz players, for whatever reasons.

Anyway, I don't mean this to be a manifesto, this is simply meant to clarify for those who have expressed curiosity earlier in this thread. I hope you can respect the above reasoning and won't flame away. This is a great message board and your efforts here are greatly appreciated.
Mad respect for owning it. I can see that. I tried to keep my votes to the basketball court but hey, we didn't set any parameters so it is by whatever measure matters to you.

If I recall, didn’t he and Pistol Pete butt Jed’s a bit and that’s why Truck was only here one year?
They were butting Jed's? Damn that is hard core! But I guess it was just after the 60's, so...

Kind of surprised Adrian Dantley is drifting down the list as far as he is. He was a beast in Utah, had probably his very best years here.

Also, 84 voters so far! Keep it up! We need to get to 100, so dust off those old alts and give us a vote!!

Speaking of which, still haven't seen a vote from @Maneesh . Let's go my faux-middle-eastern/eastern-european-muddy-accented friend! Give us your votes and endless wisdom!

Did we ever get one from @MeloTheJazzKiller ? Come on man, show us the outsider's POV.

No not that POV, get your brains out of the gutters you pervs!

Stockton has permanently tarnished his reputation with me and a lot of other fans of the team, and it's sad.
Why? Because he has different views. How about instead of dismissing someone as bad , why not try to understand his point of view, or why he believes the way he does. This is just you judging another human being unfairly not knowing why or how. That’s sad. Who are you to say you are right and he is wrong. You live your life, try that.
What exactly do you mean this to be then? Why write it at all? This is nothing more than Hate-mongering.

Didn't see one from @D Will Texas either yet. Come on man, perfect chance to vote for your man-crush!

Why? Because he has different views. How about instead of dismissing someone as bad , why not try to understand his point of view, or why he believes the way he does. This is just you judging another human being unfairly not knowing why or how. That’s sad. Who are you to say you are right and he is wrong. You live your life, try that.

What exactly do you mean this to be then? Why write it at all? This is nothing more than Hate-mongering.
He was owning his vote and giving his reasoning. Nothing wrong with that as I did express curiosity on who didn't vote for Stock, just like I wonder about who the lone wolf is that didn't vote for Malone and why. Calm yo ****.

He was owning his vote and giving his reasoning. Nothing wrong with that as I did express curiosity on who didn't vote for Stock, just like I wonder about who the lone wolf is that didn't vote for Malone and why. Calm yo ****.
Ya, I got triggered. Happens all the time. I lean toward pro vac I’ve been vaccinated twice and ironically sit at home right now with Covid for my second time. Whether you are left or right that kind of attitude will get me everytime. There’s no way in hell he’s being distructive. All this is is his own fears.

For example. I tested positive on Tuesday, now my mother in law doesn’t want me or my wife to go to my wife’s brothers wedding because she’s afraid we will give her Covid and she thinks if she gets Covid she will surely die, oh and by the way the wedding isn’t till a week from this Saturday, I’ll be back to work Monday assuming I and my wife test negative. Covid will be long gone by the day of the wedding, but her own fears are driving things for her. That may also be why I responded the way I did, but IMO his entire attitude about it is destructive. IMO of course. It’s not like the vaccine stops someone from getting it. At most it just makes it less potent for the one that contracts it. It doesn’t make others around you any safer