What's new

Top funny, strange, or odd story/memory/play you have about Jazz players

Jazz Spazz

Inconceivable
Staff member
I was thinking about this, and I think the options are various, but some players may have one iconic thing that comes to everyone's mind.

Malone - For me it's just hearing his voice and how he talks. Maybe his Hardee's commercial. I think this beats out the fathering a child with a 13yr old probably because I didn't find out about that until later when I was an adult.

DWill - Either throwing the ball at Hayward, or the whole Torrey Ellis incident. I'll go with Torrey.

Fesenko - "If he dies, he dies"

Olden Polynice - impersonating an officer

Greg Ostertag - getting slapped by Shaq

DM - the putback dunk in Houston

Hayward - the way he left/lied

Stockton - the shot

Russell - getting pushed/beat by Jordan

Boozer - getting injured tripping over a bag while answering his door story

Giricek - getting benched for hitting a 3

Sloan - his press conference comments, he has some great ones

AK - his 5x5's - they beat out his crying press conference and his huge back tattoo, maybe a tie with his marriage exception once a year or whatever that was.

Harpring - having announcers mention he played football a million times

That's all I have off the top of my head. What comes to mind for the rest of you?

John Amaechi - came in with hype and became the worst player in Jazz history.

Also, his introduction press conference where he wanted to be a pillar in the community, people being charmed with his accent, and people being impressed by him using the word “ethereal.”

How Boozer and Memo would play zero defense. I was like, hey you are getting paid millions of dollars, and you are very tall. Shouldnt you try to play some defense?

Funny story

Luther Wright banging on trash cans.

Ostertag's Fred Flinstone tattoo

Derek Fisher and the "Fisher Lied" brunettes

Carlos Boozer's loud mouth: "MFer" and "And1."

Bolerjack and his silly catchphrases and nicknames: "Memo with the money shot" (until he learned what that was), the incorrect use of "skip pass," "Captain Crunch."

Rudy Gobert's salutes: I miss those.

Quin Snyder's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! and his murderous stare.

Sundiata Gaines' game-winning shot.

Rodney Hood's intestinal distress

Keith McLeod's W/L record as a starter

Larry H: a tie between his elbow and him wearing a Jazz uni. Larry H in those short shorts: what's seen cannot be unseen!

Ty Corbin: "it's just one game"

Joe Ingles: trash talk

Donovan Mitchell: his summer league game vs. Tatum. The first time I knew he was something special.

Keith McLeod's W/L record as a starter
19-13

———————————-

Plays good D

———————————

Not really

———————————-

Bad time in Jazz history.

———————————-

:grouphugemoji:

———————————-

RIP coach

Trey Burke's mother
Harpring's MLA's
Boris Diaw's espresso machine
Gordan Giricek's drop step
Ben Handlogten: nothing but the highest admiration for him
Enes Kanter - "greatest player of his generation"

CJ Miles - waiting for his "breakout year" and bad experiences on YouTube...

Gordon Hayward - "Too big yo!" and imagining DWill's reaction hearing the song.

Koufus - Boom B***ches!

Harpring - Boler: "How tough is Matt Harping???" Booner: "He comes from a long line of football players." Boler: "Memo for three...Money!" Booner: "That'll be another $50 for the..."

Stockton: The Barcelona video on the streets, the story about a guy coming up to him in the airport and saying, "I dont know if you're a basketball fan, but Karl Malone just walked by" and him asking "Do you think I can get his autograph??" (Could be an Urban Legend)

Millsap - Rookie season mancrush, Blocking Shaq, Hapring calling him a Milf, and Harpring's call..."There's that man!" (From Miracle in Miami)

Booner: What’s a skillet?

LHM: Fighting two Denver fans in the stands. I still believe Gobert and Mitchell was good karma for his tenacity, or at least him working from beyond the veil to get the last laugh.

Randy Rigby: Oh boy. Anyone appreciate that Steve Starks actually knows what he’s doing?

Pace Mannion: WTF happened to him?

Hot Rod Hundley: His restaurant, Hot Rod Hundley’s.

DeShawn Stevenson: Yeah...

Mike Brown: Him signing an autograph for me at the Cottonwood Mall food court when I was 5-6. Sbarro’s Pizza FTW.

Greg Ostertag: His half-court buzzerbeater that he banked in.

Sundiata Gaines: The shot. Was living in Missouri and stayed up til like 1 am or whatever because it was nationally televised and I didn’t have league pass that year. One of the greatest moments (emphasis on moment) in Jazz history.

Karl Malone destroying Steve nash’s Face with his elbow.

Kirk Snyder getting into it with Jeff Van Gundy

AK47 flopping and drawing a huge foul against Houston in the playoffs sending clutch fans into a frenzy.

Kosta yelling boom bitches after a put back against Denver in the playoffs.

Trey Burke being named “ice tray” by Boler.

Boler accidentally calling Ron boone “boner.”

“What’s a skillet?”

Jeff Foster and his throat flash against the Lakers.

Larry H Miller choking a nuggets fan.

AK47 stuffing shaq twice and drawing his second technical foul back in 2004 when Malone was a laker but didn’t play due to injury.

The Harp and Artest wrestling match where the refs should’ve ejected Artest about 10 times over. “No Layups!”

The old pregame Intro from the late 90s where the basketball would ski on the mountains and end up at the delta center with the Alan Parson’s project song blasting.

The game was in 98 or 99 right in there where we were battling for home court advantage at the end of the season. Phx had played is real tough. Malone drew a foul against Cliff Robinson while shooting a desperation 3. He nailed all 3 clutch free throws. We ended up winning in the end and it played a key W in securing home court advantage.

Anyone else remember this?