What's new

Top funny, strange, or odd story/memory/play you have about Jazz players

Franke Layden trying to put in the game, a spectator who hit the mid court shot during half time. He figure it couldn't hurt because no of his guys could make a shot.

I don't know if this story is true but Frank Layden intentionally got tossed and watched the fourth quarter in a bar across from the Salt Palace.

Paying $12.50 to watch the Lakers Jazz in the salt palace mid-court about 20 rows up.

John Stockton telling the Bus driver to leave Malone because he was always late. When Karl got on the bus John told Karl that all the guys wanted to leave him but he held the bus for him.

Larry yelling at Jerry to take Malone out of the game.

NBC's lousy and bias reporting in the 1998 championship game. They never mentioned Howard E. disallowed 3pt. before half nor Ron Harper's obvious shot clock violation jumper late in the fourth. I have watch sports a lot in my lifetime and can't recall another time where they simply ignore controversial calls that affect the outcome of the game.

I remember how bad the Jazz were when they first came to town. I worried that they might not survive. Younger fans have no idea how amazing what the Miller family did with the ownership of the team. I thought the Jazz would end up in Las Vegas but Miller buying the team saved them from leaving.

Fans booing the drafting of Stockton. I didn't boo but I was like who the hell is this kid? I was disappointed because all the Jazz talked about was the need for a PF.

Karl Malone thinking the Pioneer parade was in his honor.

People criticize Malone for wanting a new contract but at one time Ostertag was making more than him. True.

Listening to Hot Rod call a game. Made watching the Jazz even better. RIP Hot Rod.

Sloan getting tossed from games especially the one where he bumped the ref and was suspended for 7 games.

DW tossing the ball at Hayward. Everyone got pissed at DW but today I am sure the same fans wish they could throw one in his face. lol.

So many more memories. 1988- Jazz taking LA to seven games. Losing a heart-breaking fifth game, destroying then in game six and losing a close game seven game. Stockton was the best player in that series.

Stockton 4 quarter against Houston. The shot.. Ostertag playing big. Karl's pick. the Jubilation after the shot.

True story: I had never put mayo on a hot dog prior to seeing Paul . Now I do it all the time. No mustard, just ketchup, mayo and onions. Thanks, Paul.
I don’t remember that at all. Went to a RMR game that year so maybe that was it.

How about Malone fighting Rodman & Hulk Hogan.

Or...

I wonder if the Jazz Bear one was staged or real.