What's new

Top funny, strange, or odd story/memory/play you have about Jazz players

Jeff Malone - meeting him at the RC Wiley in orem and there was no one else there to see him.

Greg Ostertag - meeting him at the Shopko in spanish fork and there was no one else there to see him.

Antione Carr - meeting him at the Brookside Service in Springville and there was no one else there to see him

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

The game was in 98 or 99 right in there where we were battling for home court advantage at the end of the season. Phx had played is real tough. Malone drew a foul against Cliff Robinson while shooting a desperation 3. He nailed all 3 clutch free throws. We ended up winning in the end and it played a key W in securing home court advantage.

Anyone else remember this?
I remember listening to this game on the radio. I grew up in Reno and it was rare that I got to listen to/see games.

Boris Diaw, ladies man

Jeff Malone - meeting him at the RC Wiley in orem and there was no one else there to see him.

Greg Ostertag - meeting him at the Shopko in spanish fork and there was no one else there to see him.

Antione Carr - meeting him at the Brookside Service in Springville and there was no one else there to see him

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
LOL Back in 87 or 88 I was eating lunch at the McDonald's on 35th and Main St. Malone was there signing autographs. Nobody was approaching him. I went over to get a signed pic. During his rookie year I had been working at a pet store and sold him an aquarium. I asked if he still had it. He actually asked me to join him and eat my lunch while he signed autographs. I talked to him for about 30 minutes about tropical fish. In that entire time there was only a couple of people that asked him for an autograph.

Down 7 with 40 seconds left to play. One of the most awesome games I've ever watched. Woke my one year old up when I started to scream as Stock hit that last shot. Thought my wife was going to kill me. It was worth it!

Man, I miss Hot Rod. Could you imagine the energy from Hot Rod this year? Would have been unbelievable. I miss that type of energy in announcers

One time Steve Brown was calling a game and Harpring, as a player, was hit in the groin. Brown declared, with as much energy as he always has, "The lower kingdom has been assaulted."

Hilarious