What's new

Trade deadline discussion

2026 1st? It’s not like we play our draft picks anyways.
I think Sacramento will get something better than a 2026 1st.

Also, I like Barnes, but I think the loss of Ingles means there are now more gaps than just one guy can fill.

100% healthy WITH Ingles, I think Clarkson, expirings and that 1st for Barnes would have been a great move. Now, I think it's a solid move too late.

I love the guy and always will but losing Ingles is more of a personnel and locker room hit than on the court hit. He was out of shape and looked washed.

I think Sacramento will get something better than a 2026 1st.

Also, I like Barnes, but I think the loss of Ingles means there are now more gaps than just one guy can fill.

100% healthy WITH Ingles, I think Clarkson, expirings and that 1st for Barnes would have been a great move. Now, I think it's a solid move too late.
I honestly would be inclined to pass... and I think Kings would pass as well.

With all the noise around the team I am very reluctant to trade more picks unless they have good protections on them. I think Barnes is a nice player but not sure we can use his entire skillset. Unless there is a second move with Bogey for something different.

I'd rather do the Indiana deal mentioned. I'd love to shop in the name brand section, but we are shopping with a maxed out credit card, some loose change from the car, and it doesn't look like that pay day loan is gonna clear in time for us to get that Gucci T-shirt... we at the thrift store with noted Jazz fan Macklemore.

My only concern with adding someone like Harrison Barnes is that there will be too many mouths to feed offensively in the starting lineup. I think I read somewhere that Royce has the lowest usage rate in the entire league and he's only taking about 5 shots a game. We've seen this team play selfishly a lot throughout the season and Locke has talked about it multiple times. Are Don, Bogey, Rudy and Conley going to be willing to sacrifice touches and shots? I could see it working out great and I could also see it blowing up in our face.

Last edited:
I think Rudy Gobert annoys the ever living **** out of Don and some of the other players. Time and time again Rudy has gone public with issues of not getting the ball or needing guys to play better here or there. Even though he's often right, how he handles it fractures a lockerroom. And all these throwing teammates under the bus media moments have happened after Rudy did something in the lockerroom that really pissed off Donovan.

I wish Donovan would more directly address rumors, but I also admire him for taking the high road on and off the court. This all ends with them being split up, and I hope Utah makes the right decision and finally builds it all around Donovan Mitchell.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Gobert complains and criticizes everyone but himself. It seems, I don't know it might be just me. He should stop practicing his boxing and learn how to not belt high dribble and learn to produce an offensive game

There is no one player that is the franchise... if Donovan asks out it sucks, but it isn't the end of the world. It would be worse to be in a situation like Portland or Washington where the guys are stringing along their franchises to get extensions and then will ask out... or they just become mediocre for eternity. A player saying trade me is as much of an opportunity as a threat. Sometimes teams have to rebuild. Delaying the decision to keep a star can hurt a franchise a lot.

There is no one player that is the franchise... if Donovan asks out it sucks, but it isn't the end of the world. It would be worse to be in a situation like Portland or Washington where the guys are stringing along their franchises to get extensions and then will ask out... or they just become mediocre for eternity. A player saying trade me is as much of an opportunity as a threat. Sometimes teams have to rebuild. Delaying the decision to keep a star can hurt a franchise a lot.
I need for everyone to just take 60 seconds and look at this, and tell me what it tells you....

To me, it screams - Why the hell would we trade Donovan? What do we get for Donovan that changes the money and ages of the roster? More than likely, we get picks and a lesser player for Donovan. That doesn't make anybody younger or better or more athletic or cheaper.

I think this is a more "him or me" than it is "I want gone." That is my personal opinion.

I need for everyone to just take 60 seconds and look at this, and tell me what it tells you....

To me, it screams - Why the hell would we trade Donovan? What do we get for Donovan that changes the money and ages of the roster? More than likely, we get picks and a lesser player for Donovan. That doesn't make anybody younger or better or more athletic or cheaper.

I think this is a more "him or me" than it is "I want gone." That is my personal opinion.

We trade Donovan if he requests a trade. That’s it.

Keep in mind, I think Barnes would look like a different and better player when he's on a properly spaced floor with Conley, Mitchell and Rudy. He'd get the open looks and open drives that Royce has been getting. Right now, he's playing with a bunch of guys who can't shoot--Fox, Mitchell, Harkless, Bagley, Metu, Len, Holmes, etc. Plus, I think Barnes can play with the ball in his hands a bit.

If the Jazz can get Barnes without giving up Bogdanovic, that's a win. Then the Jazz would try to move Clarkson for a guy like Josh Richardson or Josh Hart.

Last edited:
My only concern with adding someone like Harrison Barnes is that there will be too many mouths to feed offensively in the starting lineup. I think I read somewhere that Royce has the lowest usage rate in the entire league and he's only taking about 5 shots a game. We've seen this team play selfishly a lot throughout the season and Locke has talked about it multiple times. Are Don, Bogey, Rudy and Conley going to be willing to sacrifice touches and shots? I could see it working out great and I could also see it blowing up in our face.
The last thing you need to worry about Barnes is feeding him on offense. He's your ultimate low-usage player who has no trouble chilling on the corner for 30min. His 19% usage is tenth lowest on the Kings this season, lower than Tristian Thompson.

Keep in mind, I think Barnes is going to look like a different and better player when he's on a properly spaced floor with Conley, Mitchell and Rudy. He's going to get the open looks and open drives that Royce has been getting. Right now, he's playing with a bunch of guys who can't shoot--Fox, Mitchell, Harkless, Bagley, Metu, Len, Holmes, etc.
The comparison for Barnes wouldn't be Royce, but for Bogey. No way we get Barnes without moving him

I have no idea how reliable this guy is, he only has about 500 twitter followers, I did notice that Andy Larsen follows him.
He's CM for @UtahJazzUruguay I think... seems to be very well related to many other southamerican Jazz accounts.
I've read somewhere he was arount the team for a little period of time some weeks ago...
Of course, I have no idea how reliable is the data or his sources...