What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I’m thinking of something more along the lines of what Cam Reddish provided for ATL last year in the playoffs. An athletic wing who can soak up minutes in specific situations to help swing a couple of quarters here and there.

I don’t think the jazz need to trade their most reliable secondary scorer to get this kind of player. I think they may need to trade Clarkson, though. And I think we also need to hope (because what else to we have to go on?) that Q will modulate his substitution patterns to maximize this kind of asset.
You could get the actual Cam Reddish for a first right now I think. I’m wondering what he is like in the locker room. His name comes up a lot in trade rumors and he’s shown some potential…

You could get the actual Cam Reddish for a first right now I think. I’m wondering what he is like in the locker room. His name comes up a lot in trade rumors and he’s shown some potential…
I'd take Reddish. I think he's undervalued and I'm not convinced he's going to develop into a great outside shooter, but I also think he's being misused a bit in ATL.

Well this thread will now be interesting.

Ainge is going to get us Jaylen Brown. He's even forcing his former underling Brad Stevens to hold Jaylen out, so he's even fresher when he gets here.

I think all bets are off now that Ainge is in charge. The guy is ruthless and he's going to want to put his stamp on the franchise right away. I think at least one rotation player gets moved and maybe more than one.

I think all bets are off now that Ainge is in charge. The guy is ruthless and he's going to want to put his stamp on the franchise right away. I think at least one rotation player gets moved and maybe more than one.
Imma drive to Utah and fight him if he trades Ingles. I’ll fight through security Isiah Stewart style.

I don’t necessarily think Danny will be eager to shake things up in a substantial way. He could quickly put a huge target on his back and there’d be no scapegoat.

It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Quin and Ainge. Quin already won a power struggle… trade one of his guys and piss him off and see what happens.

I don’t necessarily think Danny will be eager to shake things up in a substantial way. He could quickly put a huge target on his back and there’d be no scapegoat.
I think JZ was less likely to make a move than Danny but I still think a move is unlikely… in part because we are rolling so any move he makes has more downside than upside for his report card.

I do think Danny will avoid doing the Matty Ice type of trade where we give up a second for no ****ing reason at all.

Hate to say it but trading an aging player like Ingles seems like the exact type of think Ainge would do. He doesn't give a **** about loyalty.
If Ainge makes a major move (and trading the cultural heart of the team would count as one), then we can be sure that Smith and Danny have already discussed it and are in agreement.

Smith isn’t going to bring anyone onboard and just hand him the keys to a contender

Here's the good news:

We're definitely moving on from a number of our end of bench guys. He is waiving Oni and bringing in a real NBA player.

It would also be a great DL irony if we are able to trade Udoka for a second round pick.

If Ainge makes a major move (and trading the cultural heart of the team would count as one), then we can be sure that Smith and Danny have already discussed it and are in agreement.

Smith isn’t going to bring anyone onboard and just hand him the keys to a contender
Get your logic and reason out of here… I’m going to irrationally freak out okay?!?!?

Probably a safe assumption.
Seriously, though. We're all worried about him coming in with no-strings-attached and moving some of our key pieces, when in reality if we're set on keeping the key guys (unless it's obvious), then he's going go hog-****ing-wild on the deep bench where we don't want to give up on "our guys."

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Quin and Ainge. Quin already won a power struggle… trade one of his guys and piss him off and see what happens.
The good news is, is that we know Udoka, Oni and Hughes aren’t his guys.

Seriously, though. We're all worried about him coming in with no-strings-attached and moving some of our key pieces, when in reality if we're set on keeping the key guys (unless it's obvious), then he's going go hog-****ing-wild on the deep bench where we don't want to give up on "our guys."

At least that's what I'm telling myself.
I think the other guys are guaranteed at this point but I think Oni is for sure gone and they will replace him with a minimum. Churning the back end of the roster could get expensive just to cut a few guys.