What's new

Trade Deadline

Melo doesn't want to be suddenly averaging 16 ppg because Kyrie and Lebron are taking a ton of shots. Which is what will happen.
Boy, you don't know basketball. Melo reduced to 16 ppg? Is Klay Thompson averaging 16 ppg playing with Steph? (No, it is 24.) Is Russell Westbrook averaging 16 ppg playing with Durant? (No, 28 ppg last season.)

Uhh, you don't seem to realize that teams can operate with two prolific scorers. Melo would only get 16 a game? You don't know much about b-ball, do you?

Burks is NOT in Utah's long term plans. He is hurt too often.

Exum isn't going anywhere. What he did last year defensively was unheard of. His efficiency on the defensive side of the ball was...legendary. Exum and Gobert are the future of the Jazz. Utah won't let either of those two get away. Utah really believes that when Exum pans out, Exum, Gobert, Favors and Hayward are the core...but Hood is changing that. I would guess Hood forces Favors out of the future. I don't see Hayward going anywhere. He is underrated. You don't let him walk. You can't find someone to do what he does.

It wouldn't shock me if Utah traded Burks and Burke for Teague. Utah just doesn't value Burks like a lot of you do.

Also, Teague's contract would run up right as Exum would be ready to take over. So, Utah lets Exum develop with Teague and play some SG, and if Exum blows up, Utah moves Teague next year. If Exum is slower coming along, Utah lets Teague walk. If Exum doesn't pan out, Teague stays.

Just what I've heard around the water cooler.

This is a good post. So many people on this board don't realize how good a defender Exum is. Seriously - if you're shutting down or at least impeding the other team's point guard it's a pretty big deal. Plus he's going to improve in every aspect of the game.

This is a good post. So many people on this board don't realize how good a defender Exum is. Seriously - if you're shutting down or at least impeding the other team's point guard it's a pretty big deal. Plus he's going to improve in every aspect of the game.

Precisely. to talk about Offense and Defense in the NBA like its 2 sides to a coin, is totally not giving enough credit to just how good some of the offensive players in the NBA are..

The part about Burks not being in Utah's long-term plans is misguided though and lacking perspective/vision, especially to point out injuries as a reason why. Do you think charlotte's going to give up on MKG because of injuries? or washington's gonna give up on Brad Beal because of injuries?? No, and Burks costs less than those players, on a team with much more capspace/room to grow.

I don't know if that's true. His numbers aren't the same, but he's playing in a different offense, and Wade still has a high usage rate.

I think it's more that he doesn't fit well next to Wade. But at the same time, I'm not sure he would be much different here either. We also have a slow paced offense like the Heat. On a faster paced team, and one where he was more the focal point, he might be able to go back to the Suns Dragic.
Makes me ill but I have to agree with this post
First off. It seems that the majority of jazzfanz don't value Burks much and want him traded.

Secondly, the jazz extended him to the longest contract on the entire team and last year would not shut up about how excited they were to get Burks back and how they didn't care about adding players to the team because getting Burks back would be like getting a big free agent acquisition.
Every time a jazz front office person or coach talk about burks they seem to truly love him what he brings to the team.
The jazz sorely need his scoring off the bench... That much is obvious
This. How quick we forget some of his 4th quarter heroics, and everything he brings, not only does he give us valuable points off the bench, but he's also willing and has embraced the role. He's a team guy. Remember the year when Favors started the first few games of the year with Big Al, and Millsap complained? He didn't want what was best for the team, only what was best for himself. Just imagine if Millsap had excepted, and had been willing to play as a 6th man. How much better would that have made the Jazz and sped up Favors development. The great chemistry of this team in large part is thanks to Burks.
How would Hood force Favors out of the core? Favors is the best player on this team and plays a different position than Hood. If anything Hood is making Hayward expendable.
This is crazy to think about. If signing Hood forces one of Favors or Hayward out, im glad I don't have to make that choice, and would probably keep DL up at nights. We all saw how much better team defense was with Favors back and the many more options we had on offense, but at the same time the combo of Hood and Hayward together!!! Wow!! They play so well together. They take so much pressure off of each other the way the play together and finish games. Take Eather Hood or Hayward away and the other gets trapped and double teamed. Can't we keep all four? Lol
Latest Trade deadline chatter is Celtics wants Kevin Love and it somehow involves Carmelo.....

Yeahh.. it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG !!!

https://amicohoops.net/2016/02/carmelo-love-at-center-of-three-team-talks/
What does this even mean??

Boy, you don't know basketball. Melo reduced to 16 ppg? Is Klay Thompson averaging 16 ppg playing with Steph? (No, it is 24.) Is Russell Westbrook averaging 16 ppg playing with Durant? (No, 28 ppg last season.)

Uhh, you don't seem to realize that teams can operate with two prolific scorers. Melo would only get 16 a game? You don't know much about b-ball, do you?

haha

Bro, How do you explain what happened to Love's numbers, or Bosh's number when he went to the heat?

We are talking about 3 prolific scorers on the same team.

I guarantee Melo would see a huge reduction in points scored.

So I guess we just figured out who's knows more about basketball.

Bro, How do you explain what happened to Love's numbers,
Uhh, how do you explain what happened to Timofey Mozgov's numbers. Guy went from a low of 2 ppg with Denver to ELEVEN ppg playing with LeBron.

We both can give examples to prove our cases, but that is just anecdotal nonsense. The real crux of the matter is what I say is correct: Two prolific scorers can operate on an NBA team. Don't believe me? Buy a newspaper and read up on the Golden State Warriors or the Oklahoma City Thunder. Then come back here and apologize. Say, "Yes, you are correct. A top scorer's numbers will not drop simply because he is paired with another top scorer." I will forgive you and say, "See, you now do know basketball."

Uhh, how do you explain what happened to Timofey Mozgov's numbers. Guy went from a low of 2 ppg with Denver to ELEVEN ppg playing with LeBron.

We both can give examples to prove our cases, but that is just anecdotal nonsense. The real crux of the matter is what I say is correct: Two prolific scorers can operate on an NBA team. Don't believe me? Buy a newspaper and read up on the Golden State Warriors or the Oklahoma City Thunder. Then come back here and apologize. Say, "Yes, you are correct. A top scorer's numbers will not drop simply because he is paired with another top scorer." I will forgive you and say, "See, you now do know basketball."

Why do you keep saying it's 2? It's 3. There would be 3 prolific scorers. Lebron, Melo, and Kyrie. That's 3. 1,2,3. Not 2

Why do you keep saying it's 2? It's 3. There would be 3 prolific scorers. Lebron, Melo, and Kyrie. That's 3. 1,2,3. Not 2
It's not 3 prolific scorers, it is 2. Kyrie is going to be relegated to the facilitator role of point guard. He's done that before. NBA he averages 20 points per game, but when playing on the US Olympic team he becomes a facilitator and his points per game drops to 12. From 20 to 12 when surrounded by other scorers. Same thing would happen if Melo goes to Cleveland. Melo's numbers won't drop, Kyrie's will. In fact, Melo's numbers will rise. First time in his NBA career he will be playing with an elite point guard.

Is a top 5 unprotected pick and an All star from last season as well as a shooter that we need virtually nothing in return? Especially when Hayward could leave in a few!

We give up far more than that. Our entire wing rotation is decimated by your trade. We give up the best player in the trade and maybe the 2nd best player. I like teague, but Hayward is far better and Burks is as good or at least close enough. Burks is better than either of the other 2 players in your trade and a top 5 pick does not make up for all of that.

Is a top 5 unprotected pick and an All star from last season as well as a shooter that we need virtually nothing in return? Especially when Hayward could leave in a few!

This shooter that we need is supposedly Korver? It's not 5 years ago, and he's a horrible fit for our defensive philosophy. I don't count him or Lee as assets, they are salary dumps that we should be compensated for taking. That we are paying to receive trash like that makes this trade incredibly lop sided.

Only way Jazz might do these trades if Jazz get the #1 pick and who ever it might be is guaranteed franchise alpha dog top ten player.
And this would set the Jazz back another three years waiting for him to break through.