What's new

Trade ideas

they just extended him....
Just saw it... Damn. But whatever Wiz gonna be asking we will still be able to afford it.

It's not like they view him as the future face of their franchise or anything otherwise they wouldn't be allowing their HC to hold him back like that. The moment they fire Unseld Jr and bring in a proper coaching staff I can see him having a breakout similar to this year's Sengun. 18/8/5 shouldn't be unrealistic. That's why we should pull the trigger before he's priced out of our reach.

Last edited:
At a good price. He is still trade eligible. Worth a first for sure but we kinda already have a few players at his ideal position.
We simply lack playmaking across all positions... I see Avdija as a ball handling point forward who can operate 1-4. He will fit anywhere

View: https://youtu.be/-sJStZ_X7LY?si=Powq2RRJ3AEPq7Xr

View: https://youtu.be/pTCIGT82Az0?si=iG0Ir68Us_rn93AW

View: https://youtu.be/pYNBlGzsBLg?si=wleaTXQYAvQOGk2O

Avdija is secretly having a career year. Currently averaging 12/5.5/3.5 on 50/40/80 shooting split. Not too often can you find a 6’9 guy who can handle the ball like a guard, exact reason he was picked ahead of folks like Haliburton. The upside is obvious.

Washington is a dumpster fire and their coaching is clearly the worst in the league by a fine margin(absolute criminal to not play Avdija 30+min a game). Avdija just also happens to be in the last year of his contract and should be very gettable. A Twolves first should be able to get it done. Would love to watch him and Lauri operating the pick and roll.

Every point you made is a reason they wouldn’t trade him…

If someone can present a great trade involving Lauri, then I am all ears. But I can't picture one that doesn't include young talent and at least 3 unprotected 1sts.

OKC is the only team that can offer us a package like that and they are probably in the mood for finding all star talent to add to their roster. If they cash us up the right 4 unprotected picks, I would do it. And to be honest... Lauri for 4 picks from OKC seems like a good deal for both teams. If I am OKC, I wouldn't hang up the phone right away. Lauri makes them a contender for the next 4 years imho. We may have to sign him to an extension first but he would fit well next to Chet and Shai imho.
OKC already contender but for Getty trouble

There's been a ton of noise about Jaden Ivey being unhappy with DET and DET being unhappy with Ivey. He's playing better this year, but when I watch him he's kind of Sexton-ish. Doesn't make his teammates better, makes poor decisions, and awful on defense. But does have explosive athleticism and is finishing really well around the basket. 21 years old, worth a flier?

I remember when he was Jaden "how is he not DRose" Ivey. Now he's Jaden "benched for Killian Hayes twice" Ivey.

There's been a ton of noise about Jaden Ivey being unhappy with DET and DET being unhappy with Ivey. He's playing better this year, but when I watch him he's kind of Sexton-ish. Doesn't make his teammates better, makes poor decisions, and awful on defense. But does have explosive athleticism and is finishing really well around the basket. 21 years old, worth a flier?

I remember when he was Jaden "how is he not DRose" Ivey. Now he's Jaden "benched for Killian Hayes twice" Ivey.
Do you really wanna stack more of these guys? Head down players are seriously out of fashion in the offense by analytics era and I think we should downsize on that archtype.

Do you really wanna stack more of these guys? Head down players are seriously out of fashion in the offense by analytics era and I think we should downsize on that archtype.
If we can flip Sexton in the deal for Ivey I’d be in. Obvious would be more involved there but if they are selling id consider it for sure. I understand what they were going for with Monty but I don’t think he’s the type of coach you want with a super young team like this.

A deal with Sexton/Collins to Detroit for Ivey, Harris, Bagley could help them win now. I'm sure they'd want a pick. Not sure a George/Ivey backcourt long term is like ideal.

I like Ivey but have tended to see him when he was having good nights and am not tuning in to the Pistons all that often.

If we can flip Sexton in the deal for Ivey I’d be in. Obvious would be more involved there but if they are selling id consider it for sure. I understand what they were going for with Monty but I don’t think he’s the type of coach you want with a super young team like this.
Monty has been dealt a bad hand tbf. Their lack of shooting is just ridiculous for 2023, and the best player they gave him is either Jalen Duren or Cade Cunningham.

A deal with Sexton/Collins to Detroit for Ivey, Harris, Bagley could help them win now. I'm sure they'd want a pick. Not sure a George/Ivey backcourt long term is like ideal.

I like Ivey but have tended to see him when he was having good nights and am not tuning in to the Pistons all that often.
I would assume the Pistons would want Hendricks and not Collins in such a deal. Also share your concerns about a potential Key/Ivey backcourt. Not sure two 6'-4" ball dominant type guards would be my ideal backcourt.

Monty has been dealt a bad hand tbf. Their lack of shooting is just ridiculous for 2023, and the best player they gave him is either Jalen Duren or Cade Cunningham.
Yeah I just don't think he manages personalities real well. Lost Ayton, lost Jae Crowder, and seems to be losing Ivey. He also has a roster with terrible fitting parts. I also think he was bullied (I joke) by the Pistons with that huge contract and likely didn't necessarily want to coach this year. I think he has some IDGAF to his coaching style that isn't going to be best for development.

I would assume the Pistons would want Hendricks and not Collins in such a deal. Also share your concerns about a potential Key/Ivey backcourt. Not sure two 6'-4" ball dominant type guards would be my ideal backcourt.
If they were being rational they'd write the season off and be a seller but I think Weaver is out of runway and likely tries to save his job.

If Sacramento comes calling and offers 2026/28/30 1sts and swaps in 27/29 with any of the other picks we own... you moving Lauri? Kings are good but they are still gonna Kang at some point right?

If Sacramento comes calling and offers 2026/28/30 1sts and swaps in 27/29 with any of the other picks we own... you moving Lauri? Kings are good but they are still gonna Kang at some point right?
I wouldn't do that deal... I'd be eyeballing and OKC deal if we move Lauri but was just a thought.

Zach Lowe mentioned Lauri on a pod today. Says lots of teams are asking him "what are the Jazz doing with Lauri?". Went out of his way to say we aren't shopping him and not even taking calls or whatever. Says everyone is throwing that name at him.

Sharks are in the water.

It would be interesting what players would be included. If you could get keegan Murray in the trade and or Kevin Huerter. As opposed to swaps or something.