What's new

Trade ideas

Out of those I would probably says Clippers 2026, and probably by a huge margin.

The Lakers pick this year with the option is also great.
OKC owns the Houston pick this year and the Clips pick this year. One of those will be a lotto pick is my guess. Would be hard for both teams to make/win the play-in.

2026 Clips pick is the most juicy. The Suns picks the Nets own that are further out have some juice.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-1-2023_4-52-02PM.png
This makes sense, right? Gives NYK an extremely cheap Clarkson for the 2 seasons after this year and helps them win now.

But as a put that in, I realize NYK has a glut of 2 guards off the bench. Clarkson doesnt really fill a need at all. Probably not a trade NYK is interested in.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-1-2023_4-39-33PM.png

Clarkson does have Rich Paul as an agent.

Lakers overpaid for Vincent and he has hardly played and when he did, he didnt look that good. I think you could switch out Prince for Reddish/Hayes and just waive the two of them?

Lmao JHS. You never stop
I mean what else of value can you get from them? They aren't going to give up a pick for Clarksom and JHS is their most interesting roomie contract.

It's not even a JHS and me thing. I just don't see a lot of Clarkson trades out there. The Jazz might have to wait til after the season to trade him when his contract lowers.

I mean what else of value can you get from them? They aren't going to give up a pick for Clarksom and JHS is their most interesting roomie contract.

It's not even a JHS and me thing. I just don't see a lot of Clarkson trades out there. The Jazz might have to wait til after the season to trade him when his contract lowers.
Ok I can accept that.

The exact same problem Chicago is having with LaVine.
That player archtype is just not what teams want these days.

Scouts and analysts also stare at Second Spectrum individual PPP numbers and I'm not sure either Clarkson or Lavine has sufficient combination of FG%, pass rate and free throw rate in any playtype to get a positive rating (1.12+).

If you dont break those tresholds you gotta be at least average on the other end.

If the Bulls are patient they could potentially have options to deal Lavine before the deadline. The return for that contract obviously won't be great.

Lakers have contracts that become tradable in January (Rui, DLo, Vincent, Wood, Reddish, Hayes). Despite his huge salary, Lavine is probably fine as a 3rd option and is also a klutch client like Lebron and AD.

If Philly struggles at any point between now and the deadline they have a ton of expirings they can package with a future pick. Again Lavine would be a 3rd option on that team behind Embiid and Maxey (another Klutch client fwiw). I don't think Philly is on Lavine's supposed "list" but in his case doubt smart teams like Miami would have any interest at all. After Lebron left that team, Pat Riley has never had a Klutch client on his roster in Miami.

Maybe Golden State makes some kind of crazy move to try and keep their window open? Obviously Draymond is also Klutch. I hate to bring up any of these player agents but unfortunately they have alot of sway in these type situations. After listening to that twitter space last week it appears the Jazz have been bending over to give a Klutch client on this roster minutes but really hope Ainge has enough sense to stay away from Lavine especially at this point of a rebuild. At his age I suspect he may have already hit his plateau as a player so just seems like a really bad investment especially if Ainge has any ideas about potentially trying to flip him later in another deal.

Any feasible ways to get Clarkson to Houston, Dallas, or Golden State? I haven't really looked at his trade possibilities but those teams could desperately use scoring punch off their benches. JC could go back to his best role which he did here during the Don/Rudy days.

Any feasible ways to get Clarkson to Houston, Dallas, or Golden State? I haven't really looked at trade possibilities but those teams could desperately use scoring punch off their benches. JC could go back to his best role which he did here in Utah during the Don/Rudy days.
Dallas doesnt make a lick of sense. THey ahve a ton of offense and Hardaway Jr fills his role.

Only way to get him to GS is through a Chris Paul deal or if they are done with Wiggins.

Houston could combine Green and Oladipo for Clarkson. Would they really give up a pick for Clarkson though?

Dallas doesnt make a lick of sense. THey ahve a ton of offense and Hardaway Jr fills his role.

Only way to get him to GS is through a Chris Paul deal or if they are done with Wiggins.

Houston could combine Green and Oladipo for Clarkson. Would they really give up a pick for Clarkson though?
I'd really like to grab a young guy like Eason from Houston but doubt they make him available. Otherwise they might be offering 2nd's.

I like HOU as a Clarkson destination....not sure they would move Eason or Whitmore for him. Seems like young players who haven't had a chance yet are almost always valued more by the team that drafted them vs teams who might trade for them. They should have a decent stable of picks though. Clarkson might just be a 5 second round pick kind of guy.

I like HOU as a Clarkson destination....not sure they would move Eason or Whitmore for him. Seems like young players who haven't had a chance yet are almost always valued more by the team that drafted them vs teams who might trade for them. They should have a decent stable of picks though. Clarkson might just be a 5 second round pick kind of guy.
I still really want to snag Whitmore. I would be willing to send the worst of our 2025 1sts to make it happen.

I haven't kept up with Brooklyn's assets. Curious about a Collins / Sexton / THT swap for Simmons. That isn't a bad return for them. Simmons only has next year left on his deal which they may just want to eat. This can be Danny's reclamation project.

I haven't kept up with Brooklyn's assets. Curious about a Collins / Sexton / THT swap for Simmons. That isn't a bad return for them. Simmons only has next year left on his deal which they may just want to eat. This can be Danny's reclamation project.
I like this move. We are in a bad place anyway and this would be a reasonable dice roll. We need a passer. We had players to make Dunn work, why not get the better version?