What's new

Trade ideas

Would anyone do Lauri to the pacers for Benedict, jerace walker, and 2 picks? I probabaly take that and I love Lauri
Whitmore+Amen+Eason is better. If we get those three we don't even need picks from Hou. But if they can give us their Brooklyn first that's even better

I would want to get a package from the Lakers for Lauri. Lauri would get a shot at a championship and we get assets during the post LeBron era. Remove the protections for the 2027 pick that we already have. Add an unprotected 2029 pick (another highly coveted pick) and three pick swaps for 2026, 2028, 2030. These swaps could be useless cause the Lakers and Jazz could both stink but there is a chance they could be highly valuable. It would be loading our chances to get a high value pick those years. Heck I would try to convince them to make them exotic, super swaps and involve the Minnesota picks.

I would want to get a package from the Lakers for Lauri. Lauri would get a shot at a championship and we get assets during the post LeBron era. Remove the protections for the 2027 pick that we already have. Add an unprotected 2029 pick (another highly coveted pick) and three pick swaps for 2026, 2028, 2030. These swaps could be useless cause the Lakers and Jazz could both stink but there is a chance they could be highly valuable. It would be loading our chances to get a high value pick those years. Heck I would try to convince them to make them exotic, super swaps and involve the Minnesota picks.
I safely assume you also have an account on lakers message board you forgot to log into.

If you trade with OKC and they insist on Giddey. You have him waived immediately and demand two extra picks. 4 to 6 quality picks and I would then trade Lauri. Picks are currency in the NBA and we could package picks together year after year to get the quality players we want in the draft.

Last edited:
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-18-2023_3-18-51PM.png

Not sure why I havent thought about this, but OKC makes a lot of sense for OKC. Collins has an extra year over Bertans, but he fits their team. OKC gives us our pick back along with some seconds. Wiggins is included for salary purposes.

View attachment 15599

Not sure why I havent thought about this, but OKC makes a lot of sense for OKC. Collins has an extra year over Bertans, but he fits their team. OKC gives us our pick back along with some seconds. Wiggins is included for salary purposes.
They like Wiggins. Bertans is only 5M guaranteed next year. No way you are getting our first back. Would be lucky if they did the deal straight up.

They like Wiggins. Bertans is only 5M guaranteed next year. No way you are getting our first back. Would be lucky if they did the deal straight up.
They got to trade someone (doesnt have to be Wiggins, any contract would work, so dont focus on that part) and they got a ton of picks. They may never even see that Utah pick. I doubt the Jazz pick has a ton of value right now among other teams.

I do think the Thunder are one of the few perfect fits for Collins.

Also maybe the Thunder can be talked into the value of having his contract for trading up for a super-star in teh future..

Cy wins trade of the week. This would be Ainge creatively pulling a rabbit out of his *** like DL did to trade Exum.

They got to trade someone (doesnt have to be Wiggins, any contract would work, so dont focus on that part) and they got a ton of picks. They may never even see that Utah pick. I doubt the Jazz pick has a ton of value right now among other teams.

Also maybe the Thunder can be talked into the value of having his contract for trading up for a super-star in teh future..

In what way do you think Collins is a great fit for OKC? Just curious.

So then why not give it to us... right? Presti is known for considering how many picks he has and then generously letting value escape cuz he got the cupboards full.

Again with this narrative. If he wants to do that he can use Bertans and guarantee the rest of the salary. You don't trade for a contract with the idea of using it as salary matching in 3 years. Sorry.

We will be lucky to get Bertans and a player for Collins. He is expiring. I'm not saying they wouldn't put in a second rounder if they really like Collins, but I doubt they like him.

Cy wins trade of the week. This would be Ainge creatively pulling a rabbit out of his *** like DL did to trade Exum.
How about this Collins for Luka and we give a pick to cover the value diff?

They seem committed to playing Chet at the 5 so that let's Collins play next to a big floor spacer.

They could also use some more rebounding, so I guess I can kind of see it.

I just think they are unique in that they have so many ball handlers and defenders and it makes them hard to play against. In some ways that would let Collins fit in, but in other ways he would be taking away from their identity.