What's new

Trade ideas

Just read somewhere that Boston want to improve their bench soon. Any opportunity for us to trade JC? Will give them a really good 6th men , JC move to a contender and for us, we close the page and move forward.

They have no matching salaries unfortunately.

Dejounte Murray came up on the You Know Ball Podcast as big trade possibility - not just for us - I advocated getting him. Not sure I'd do it now but an interesting name I'd watch if he was somewhat cheap.

Dejounte Murray came up on the You Know Ball Podcast as big trade possibility - not just for us - I advocated getting him. Not sure I'd do it now but an interesting name I'd watch if he was somewhat cheap.
Atlanta had a cap problem this summer, but there was a team that took a bunch of cap liability off their hands, which is unfortunate because it would’ve put more pressure to deal someone more desirable like Murray. Wish I could remember who it was that helped them with their cap issue.

Yes, I think Danny should keep an eye on this. The problems Atlanta had last season with the Young-Murray fit has continued this season. Murray has a nice contract too. I would definitely be after him if it looks like they want to move him or he wants out.

Last edited:
Atlanta had a cap problem this summer, but there was a team that took a bunch of cap liability off their hands, which is unfortunate because it would’ve put more pressure to deal someone more desirable like Murray. Wish I could remember who it was that helped them with their cap issue.
Sure it was us who helped them by taking Collins salary off their books. Their cap situation is still not great though.

Last edited:
John Collins hasn't fit in Utah. Hopefully he turns it around but looking at his contract we have 3 more years with him.

Would you do:

Sexton and Collins to Brooklyn
Ben Simmons (has played 3 games this season) to the jazz

Why Brooklyn does it? No true point guard. Balances their roster. They don't really have a PF either. Simmons has played 6 games and management is tired of him. Plus Collins and Sexton contracts are much more tradeable than Simmons behemoth contract so it gives the Nets flexibility they don't have today.

Why we do it? It saves a bit of cash the next 2 years and a lot of cash in 3 years. Gives us flexibility with a $40 million expiring contract starting next year (remember ainge valued the Westbrook expiring contract). Simmons can rot on the bench and we probably do better than with John collins chucking. If Simmons plays well (no one expects) then its a bonus. I would miss Sexton but 3 years with his contract feels meh.

Is this just a hating on Collins trade? If we can get draft compensation for taking Simmons away from the Nets, even better.

John Collins hasn't fit in Utah. Hopefully he turns it around but looking at his contract we have 3 more years with him.

Would you do:

Sexton and Collins to Brooklyn
Ben Simmons (has played 3 games this season) to the jazz

Why Brooklyn does it? No true point guard. Balances their roster. They don't really have a PF either. Simmons has played 6 games and management is tired of him. Plus Collins and Sexton contracts are much more tradeable than Simmons behemoth contract so it gives the Nets flexibility they don't have today.

Why we do it? It saves a bit of cash the next 2 years and a lot of cash in 3 years. Gives us flexibility with a $40 million expiring contract starting next year (remember ainge valued the Westbrook expiring contract). Simmons can rot on the bench and we probably do better than with John collins chucking. If Simmons plays well (no one expects) then its a bonus. I would miss Sexton but 3 years with his contract feels meh.

Is this just a hating on Collins trade? If we can get draft compensation for taking Simmons away from the Nets, even better.
If we trade Sexton (great contract and very good player), then I think we can get more for him that that.

This is one of the most upvoted trades on Fanspo.

Actually kind of like it.

I opened it up and saw Wendell Carter Jr, and was about to be all in, and then I noticed they have him going to the Thunder? So now I'm out. Also, I'm not sure why OKC wouldn't just pay up to get Lauri in this situation.

An insane amount of picks. Doubt NYK would do this after playing such hardball with the Mitchell proposals.

I opened it up and saw Wendell Carter Jr, and was about to be all in, and they I noticed they have him going to the Thunder? So now I'm out. Also, I'm not sure why OKC wouldn't just pay up to get Lauri in this situation.
They barely have to give up anything.

WCJ gives them a better center option for the non-Chet minutes. Wendell is also a better passer/rebounder (when healthy).

An insane amount of picks. Doubt NYK would do this after playing such hardball with the Mitchell proposals.
Markkannen is a better fit than Mitchell. We give up KO who is our second ish best player (maybe Clarkson). We keep Collins which might help us lose while faking competiveness, the perfect tank player.

I have been thinking about a couple of deals. What if we helped facilitate a Mitchell to Knicks trade?

We send out Collins and Cleveland’s 2025 1st.

We take back Fournier and Quickley.

Cleveland gets Barrett, DiVincenzo, their 2025 1st back and two firsts from New York.

New York gets Mitchell and Collins.

I have been thinking about a couple of deals. What if we helped facilitate a Mitchell to Knicks trade?

Cleveland gets Barrett, DiVincenzo, their 2025 1st back and two firsts from New York.

I kinda like that for all the parties, but I'm not sure if Don to Knicks is a thing for Leon Rose anymore. Sort of seems like they like Brunson a whole lot and Brunson and Don as a pair has a bit too many overlapping redundancies and disadvantages (mainly size and defense).

I think the Don to Knicks hype lives on because of historical reasons more than because Knicks FO would still be after him.

I'm in... not sure the other teams are... specifically Cleveland but I don't think its too far off. NY may also have issue with that much salary long-term.

Good idea overall.

I kinda like that for all the parties, but I'm not sure if Don to Knicks is a thing for Leon Rose anymore. Sort of seems like they like Brunson a whole lot and Brunson and Don as a pair has a bit too many overlapping redundancies and disadvantages (mainly size and defense).

I think the Don to Knicks hype lives on because of historical reasons more than because Knicks FO would still be after him.
agreed.

I also just want to say Brunson > Mitchell, because it's time to say it.

I'd still advocate for paying a good sum for him.
Imagine the pressure they’d have to move him if they still had Collins on the books. It was such a disappointing move because it had also closed the door, at that time at least, to a Murray deal, who I preferred we pursue.

Imagine the pressure they’d have to move him if they still had Collins on the books. It was such a disappointing move because it had also closed the door, at that time at least, to a Murray deal, who I preferred we pursue.
It's time to move on, sir.

And perhaps Hardy needs to trot out:
Collins
Lauri
Hendricks
Murray
George