What's new

Trade ideas

I kinda like that for all the parties, but I'm not sure if Don to Knicks is a thing for Leon Rose anymore. Sort of seems like they like Brunson a whole lot and Brunson and Don as a pair has a bit too many overlapping redundancies and disadvantages (mainly size and defense).

I think the Don to Knicks hype lives on because of historical reasons more than because Knicks FO would still be after him.

I think the Knicks absolutely would be in on Mitchell. He would re-sign there and wants to be there.

I'd still advocate for paying a good sum for him.
I know he is a good player... I just still can't decide how good. The SA team he was on was stinky... this Atlanta team he isn't a full time pg and the fit is okay but not amazing. Atlanta is a hard team for me to watch. I like a lot of pieces they have but hate watching Trae Young.

I don't know what I'd pay or what they would be looking for. I just know if there is a conversation there we should be really involved.

will NYK put up as big of an offer as someone else? (I wouldn't bet on that outcome)

If you look around the only other team I could see beating them out is Brooklyn. It was different when he had 3 + 1 years left on his deal. Now he’s half a season away from being on an expiring contract.

will NYK put up as big of an offer as someone else? (I wouldn't bet on that outcome)
I think the Nets are the prime suitor if Don becomes available. Some mix of Cam Johnson/DFS and picks. Maybe Dinwiddie or Thomas would be involved as well. It seems like the best fit. The Miami offer depends on how Cavs view Herro. NY likely jumps in but the fit is wonky.

Quick sidenote. We see how long NY is waiting their star trade out... if we pick the path of trading for a star to put next to Lauri... just know it can take a while.

I know he is a good player... I just still can't decide how good. The SA team he was on was stinky... this Atlanta team he isn't a full time pg and the fit is okay but not amazing. Atlanta is a hard team for me to watch. I like a lot of pieces they have but hate watching Trae Young.

I don't know what I'd pay or what they would be looking for. I just know if there is a conversation there we should be really involved.
I wouldn't favor Murray as much as I do if he didn't have past experience with Hardy. The respect between those two + the fit with the roster.... me likey.

If you look around the only other team I could see beating them out is Brooklyn. It was different when he had 3 + 1 years left on his deal. Now he’s half a season away from being on an expiring contract.
I agree. I think Brooklyn makes a lot of sense.

Calling my shot on a trade. NY just found out they are without Robinson for the year. We will trade KO for Fournier and get a second rounder this year (they own Detroits and ours) and another future second. The deal give them KO and saves them 6M in cap.

the money isn't super important from a cash standpoint but they were right at the tax and just granted a 7M ish cap exception they can't use unless they go over the tax. KO gives them depth to cover the absence and doesn't mess up the long term cap sheet. We get a good second this year and add one more down the line.

What could the Sixers offer for Lauri? Tobias and picks?

Nothing we want.
Correct... they don't have the goods. They only have 3 picks to offer and one is a low upside pick because its the lesser of like 2-3 other picks. I don't think they really have swaps to offer either. No good young players other than Maxey and he's off the table.

I like Dejounte for his age, contract, and upside potential (although he’s already very good). When Dejounte moved to Atlanta, he was given a role in Trae’s shadow. In his last season with the Spurs (2021-2022) he averaged 9.2 assists per game (in 68 games), and since then (with Trae’s high assists numbers) in Atlanta he has still averaged 6.1 and 5.4 assists per game. He has averaged a little over 20 point per game every year in the last 3 years. His 3-point shooting has improved and is at 37.4% with 6 attempts per game this season. There's a lot to like about him.

This is one of the most upvoted trades on Fanspo.

Actually kind of like it.
i kinda like it also. Been watching a lot of video of Dieng and he has some serious potential. Jett can be a nice shooter. would be weird to have 4 rookies on this roster.

i kinda like it also. Been watching a lot of video of Dieng and he has some serious potential. Jett can be a nice shooter. would be weird to have 4 rookies on this roster.
The problem is those picks are likely to be very late 1sts. The nets would probably jump in and block that trade with a better offer.

It's gonna be 1.5 years with Simmons vs Collins for 2.5 years? If there is a better way to dump Collins, I am all ears. He doesn't fit and 3 years sucks. If we can pick up draft capital in the process, I am all ears.

It's gonna be 1.5 years with Simmons vs Collins for 2.5 years? If there is a better way to dump Collins, I am all ears. He doesn't fit and 3 years sucks. If we can pick up draft capital in the process, I am all ears.
We want to be bad for 1.5 years to prevent the pick conveying to OKC. Good trade.