What's new

Trade ideas

I think the Lakers may be going for Dejounte and we can maybe do a 3 team deal that would get Austin Reeves for the Jazz. Reeves fits the Jazz timeline better and is on a better contract. I would love to see Reeves with Will Hardy coaching.
The Lakers are not giving up Austin Reeves for Dejounte Murray lmfao

Lauri in the 5-out role is a great counter to Wemby. Even long-term as Wemby evolves and is surrounded by better talent, Markannen can defend him and can outshoot him. If OKC wants to beat Wemby under in the long-term then Markkannen would be a key piece.

Last edited:
Maybe the Spurs wouldnt want Sexton, IDK, but I think the NBA is at a place where it's dangerous to just go with a straight tanking mindset with no attempts at talent acquisition.

That’s exactly why I don’t want to trade Lauri.
You head down a path where when someone pops, you look around at the rest of your roster, say there’s not enough mature talent to support who popped, or you say that the person who popped isn’t a #1 and that you must cash them in for more unrealized assets.

You head down a path where when someone pops, you look around at the rest of your roster, say there’s not enough mature talent to support who popped, or you say that the person who popped isn’t a #1 and that you must cash them in for more unrealized assets.

That’s why I’m good on getting more assets we have plenty to work with now and have an all-star. Let’s start building a competitive team again when the opportunity presents itself.

here are the 2 trades I would propose at this point

Jazz trade THT, Fonticchio, Sensabaugh 1 FRP

Toronto Trades OG anunoby

second trade

Jazz trade Clarkson 2 FRP

Atlanta trades Murray, G Matthews

third trade

Jazz Roster

Murray, George, Dunn
Ogbaji, Sexton, Matthews
Anunoby, Hendricks,
Markkanen, Collins, Samanic
Kessler, Olynyk, Yurtseven

here are the 2 trades I would propose at this point

Jazz trade THT, Fonticchio, Sensabaugh 1 FRP

Toronto Trades OG anunoby

second trade

Jazz trade Clarkson 2 FRP

Atlanta trades Murray, G Matthews

third trade

Jazz Roster

Murray, George, Dunn
Ogbaji, Sexton, Matthews
Anunoby, Hendricks,
Markkanen, Collins, Samanic
Kessler, Olynyk, Yurtseven
Toronto isnt trading OG for a single pick

Was researching Olynyk trades and there is not a ton out there

Boston I just don't see that happening with them have no contracts to offer. they would have to include Pritchard and there goes more depth.

Cleveland would be interesting with a package around Okoro

Chicago might yield something if they look to blow things up and want to dump longer contracts for expiring.

Indiana could put some out there in a 2 for 1 but it seems unlikely

Miami maybe a clarkson and Olynyk for Lowry and some draft capital or maybe a Jovic or O robinson

Milwaukee but I dont see anything

New York could use him and Fournier's contract works with some filler from the Jazz. Would love to pry Grimes away from them. that would probably take clarkson

Maybe orland for something centered around Jett Howard

How funny would it be if Philly traded us paul reed?

Dallas could do something with Maxi Kleber

GSW maybe something surrounding Payton and Moody?

Houston something around Jeff Green and Tate?

Clippers could offer PJ tucker and one of their young guys who is not getting playing time Primo, Boston or Brown

Lakers have nothing. Dont see why they would trade Vincent

Memphis could use him if they dump Adams who probably won't be back this season

Pelicans maybe something around Nance. They would have to add some draft stuff to take on an extra year.

OKC something with Micic involved. I wanted him in the offseason.

Sacramento could be interesting if the Jazz could pry away Davion Mitchell who seems to have fallen out of the rotation.

Just a cursory examination of teams. I tried to focus on teams that are competing for the playoffs now. That might have some young unplaying talent. There are some interesting options out there. Other teams just are very top-heavy with contracts and their depth is made up of little contracts.

Was researching Olynyk trades and there is not a ton out there

Boston I just don't see that happening with them have no contracts to offer. they would have to include Pritchard and there goes more depth.

Cleveland would be interesting with a package around Okoro

Chicago might yield something if they look to blow things up and want to dump longer contracts for expiring.

Indiana could put some out there in a 2 for 1 but it seems unlikely

Miami maybe a clarkson and Olynyk for Lowry and some draft capital or maybe a Jovic or O robinson

Milwaukee but I dont see anything

New York could use him and Fournier's contract works with some filler from the Jazz. Would love to pry Grimes away from them. that would probably take clarkson

Maybe orland for something centered around Jett Howard

How funny would it be if Philly traded us paul reed?

Dallas could do something with Maxi Kleber

GSW maybe something surrounding Payton and Moody?

Houston something around Jeff Green and Tate?

Clippers could offer PJ tucker and one of their young guys who is not getting playing time Primo, Boston or Brown

Lakers have nothing. Dont see why they would trade Vincent

Memphis could use him if they dump Adams who probably won't be back this season

Pelicans maybe something around Nance. They would have to add some draft stuff to take on an extra year.

OKC something with Micic involved. I wanted him in the offseason.

Sacramento could be interesting if the Jazz could pry away Davion Mitchell who seems to have fallen out of the rotation.

Just a cursory examination of teams. I tried to focus on teams that are competing for the playoffs now. That might have some young unplaying talent. There are some interesting options out there. Other teams just are very top-heavy with contracts and their depth is made up of little contracts.
There's a ton out for there for Olynyk

Toronto isnt trading OG for a single pick
I considered that and that is why I included young talents in THT and Sensabaugh. The problem with Toronto is they are probably going to lose OG for nothing this summer. Whoever gets him has to have the same fear that he will not sign with them this summer. I do not think OG is worth a max contract. I would love his bird right to pay him something in the 20 to 25 million and still be able to go over the tax threshold. I MIGHT consider 2 FRPs but then they might just be able to offer him this summer and win. Especially if they are winning. Toronto is in a very tricky situation. I just don't see a lot of offers out there for a player that is 3rd best on a good team maybe 4th on a contending team. his stat line is average at best.

John Collins is not wanted….but I think that KO+Sexton for Quickey+Fournier is a good foundation for a trade. I think we have to add a pick, but it could be a “least favorable first” kind of first round pick.
why do the Jazz have to give a pick? Seems like a fair trade straight up. Fornier isn't even playing for the Knicks and Quickey is upset about his playing time.
I think the Jazz are giving away guys who have produced more recently.