What's new

Trade ideas

I considered that and that is why I included young talents in THT and Sensabaugh. The problem with Toronto is they are probably going to lose OG for nothing this summer. Whoever gets him has to have the same fear that he will not sign with them this summer. I do not think OG is worth a max contract. I would love his bird right to pay him something in the 20 to 25 million and still be able to go over the tax threshold. I MIGHT consider 2 FRPs but then they might just be able to offer him this summer and win. Especially if they are winning. Toronto is in a very tricky situation. I just don't see a lot of offers out there for a player that is 3rd best on a good team maybe 4th on a contending team. his stat line is average at best.
lmfao if you think OG is taking a 20 or 25 million dollar contract in 2024. This isnt 2017.

seems logical. I would love to know what direction the Jazz wants to take. Do they want to make a push for the play in or do they want to tank to keep their pick? They sit at #9 in the draft lottery but have been playing well. If they get over 10 their pick conveys to OKC. This draft class might just be the right class to be giving up their pick. Or there is the possibility that they want to not convey their pick and stay in tank mode for a couple of seasons. tough questions to answer. I think moving Clarkson and Olynyk and seeing what they young guys offer is what I personally would do. Maybe pick up a couple of younger guys to add to the mix.

why do the Jazz have to give a pick? Seems like a fair trade straight up. Fornier isn't even playing for the Knicks and Quickey is upset about his playing time.
I think the Jazz are giving away guys who have produced more recently.
I kinda agree that seems like a pretty fair trade the young bull is already one of my favorite Jazz players and would hate to lose him. IQ wants 25 million this offseason

why do the Jazz have to give a pick? Seems like a fair trade straight up. Fornier isn't even playing for the Knicks and Quickey is upset about his playing time.
I think the Jazz are giving away guys who have produced more recently.

Because Quickley is a lot better than Olynyk and Sexton.

OG is a tough situation for Toronto because they can’t just lose him for nothing. I don’t think they should confidence in resigning him. Here’s what I think happens:

1. PHI trades what they got for Harden for OG.

2. Follow up trade is to trade for Lavine w/expiring salary.

I considered that and that is why I included young talents in THT and Sensabaugh. The problem with Toronto is they are probably going to lose OG for nothing this summer. Whoever gets him has to have the same fear that he will not sign with them this summer. I do not think OG is worth a max contract. I would love his bird right to pay him something in the 20 to 25 million and still be able to go over the tax threshold. I MIGHT consider 2 FRPs but then they might just be able to offer him this summer and win. Especially if they are winning. Toronto is in a very tricky situation. I just don't see a lot of offers out there for a player that is 3rd best on a good team maybe 4th on a contending team. his stat line is average at best.
Anunoby signed his current contract on December 21st 2020. This is over three years ago and means that he can be renegotiated and extend.

OG makes $18,642 million this year. With the 140% rule, the most Toronto can offer him on an extension is a deal starting at $26,1 million. If this was enough for him, Toronto would have extended him already.

If we trade THT, Sensebaugh and some picks for him and find someone who can take Olynyk, we have enough room under the cap to renegotiate and extend him. If we can get him up to $25 million this year, the extension can start at $35 million.