What's new

Trade ideas

The Lauri trade talk is definitely heating up around the league.
The most intriguing (in terms of fit) Lauri trade talk I have read so far come from the Pacers’ fans who realize what Markkanen and Haliburton duo could do. Mike Conley once said that Lauri is a dream player for a playmaker. Lauri and Tyrese together would be a problem.

I wouldn't trade Lauri unless it was a stupid-good trade offer that's too good to pass up. It would have to melt the skin off of Ainge's face, exposing his cyborg metal.

So never acquire pieces until you make the second round?

We have the assets to buy 1-2 high-end players. Why keep building assets?
Because buying players too early can get a franchise stuck in mediocrity. You grab the players when you have built a foundation for success.

Let's take a look at one of my favorite options...OG Ananouby. He is a high end talent and a getable piece. I just dont see him making the jazz a contender.

Now there is the option of trying to be the team to sign him next summer. It would take no assets unless you did a S&T. Then there is the option of using assets and getting his bird rights.

All so the jazz could get better but I don't see them contending with out some development of some other players.

I dont see any available player right now that could take the jazz to contender status. Some might make the jazz better but not contenders. That is when you start burning assets.

Would you rather trade for Brandon Ingram or Zach Lavine?

I would be much more excited for Ingram. And think he is more likely to thrive in the system Hardy/Ainge are trying to build.

So my trade idea is 3 way with NO getting Lavine, Jazz get Ingram, and Bulls get picks.

Bulls can do a full rebuild or just reset. NO gets a better fit with Zion. Jazz get an upgrade to chase playoffs and still have lots of pieces left to go after a #1 option if it comes open.

I would be much more excited for Ingram. And think he is more likely to thrive in the system Hardy/Ainge are trying to build.

So my trade idea is 3 way with NO getting Lavine, Jazz get Ingram, and Bulls get picks.

Bulls can do a full rebuild or just reset. NO gets a better fit with Zion. Jazz get an upgrade to chase playoffs and still have lots of pieces left to go after a #1 option if it comes open.
Here is a possible iteration of the players for contract matching:
1700596181468.png

Ingram and it isn’t at all close.

It depends on the price to me. I’d be willing to bet we could get LaVine for a lot cheaper than Ingram. Similarly priced I would choose Ingram without a doubt.

Why the hell would the Pels trade Ingram?

They're much more likely to trade Zion if he stays healthy for two seconds.
This...

INGRAM >>>>>>>>>> Lavine. So... there is no point for the Pels to do this unless they want to get worse and spend more $$$ doing it.

If they want that door, then we should take it.

If someone can present a great trade involving Lauri, then I am all ears. But I can't picture one that doesn't include young talent and at least 3 unprotected 1sts.

OKC is the only team that can offer us a package like that and they are probably in the mood for finding all star talent to add to their roster. If they cash us up the right 4 unprotected picks, I would do it. And to be honest... Lauri for 4 picks from OKC seems like a good deal for both teams. If I am OKC, I wouldn't hang up the phone right away. Lauri makes them a contender for the next 4 years imho. We may have to sign him to an extension first but he would fit well next to Chet and Shai imho.

Last edited:
The most intriguing (in terms of fit) Lauri trade talk I have read so far come from the Pacers’ fans who realize what Markkanen and Haliburton duo could do. Mike Conley once said that Lauri is a dream player for a playmaker. Lauri and Tyrese together would be a problem.
So would SGA and Lauri.

The idea of trading Lauri sucks to begin with....but I'm not sure this FO is ready/willing to put a team around him. He's a star player with one more year left on his deal on a bad team, the vultures are swarming and rightfully so.

I wish I like Giddey more.
If OKC would seriously trade for Lauri i doubt Giddey is available for Jazz.
But Bertans, Dort, Williams, Pokusevski could be and of course 2 or 3 1st round picks.

So I’m starting to think that Lauri-OKC should be a thing we talk about more. If I’m an OKC fan, Lauri is the number one guy I’m talking about.
Where that Lauri to OKC trade rumor came from i haven't read or seen nothing of that.

I'm going to miss Lauri if we trade him :(
Yeah for sure you will.
But do you understand that Lauri's career is going up and Jazz are still middle of the rebuild and bottom 5 team in western conference.
Lauri is 26 yrs old NBA allstar who's coming his prime ( if he isn't already ) years and is 1,5 yrs away of being UFA.

Oklahoma City-Thunder is playoff team right now and much ahead of Jazz with their rebuild.
Ainge would be total idiot if he won't at least listen OKC:s trade offer of Lauri.

Why the hell would the Pels trade Ingram?

They're much more likely to trade Zion if he stays healthy for two seconds.
If Zion is staying healthy for the duration of two seconds, they trade him? Or if he’s healthy, they’ll trade him for two seconds? Lucky for us, Danny doesn’t like or have seconds, so we’re safe on the latter. And he’ll never be healthy, so we’re also safe on the former.

If Zion is staying healthy for the duration of two seconds, they trade him? Or if he’s healthy, they’ll trade him for two seconds? Lucky for us, Danny doesn’t like or have seconds, so we’re safe on the latter. And he’ll never be healthy, so we’re also safe on the former.
You just can't build around Zion alone. He's shown us that. Doesn't have the work ethic and is always a giant injury risk. Plus his playing style (ball dominant, non-shooting, dribble heavy - he's like a 300lb Kris Dunn) makes it extra hard to construct an actual modern offense where he's the centerpiece. Ideally he'd be playing with four shooters at all times, one of whom should also be an effective rim protector.

Feels like the Pels are hoping he stays healthy for a while and improves his trade value.