What's new

Trade ideas

I wonder if the Pacers would be interested in John Collins. He's a great fit next to Turner. He would help their defense a bit. He would fit well with Haliburton as a roll man.

They can trade Buddy Hield as matching salary. He's is an expiring contract that can be routed elsewhere as he still has value, but I could see Indiana wanting to move on from him given the fact they have Mathurin on a cheaper rookie deal.

Pacers have a ton of 2nd round picks owed to them.

I wonder if the Pacers would be interested in John Collins. He's a great fit next to Turner. He would help their defense a bit. He would fit well with Haliburton as a roll man.

They can trade Buddy Hield as matching salary. He's is an expiring contract that can be routed elsewhere as he still has value, but I could see Indiana wanting to move on from him given the fact they have Mathurin on a cheaper rookie deal.

Who was it who was posting here for a stretch, annoyingly so, about how Buddy Hield was better than Donovan? PGAB?

1700663426531.gif

I could see that fit. I think they like toppin, but Collins would be an upgrade there.

I can't picture Ainge doing a deal where we get 2nds back. Other than that I would love to get off of the Collins deal.

What is our incentive to do that?

Nba analyst network have Jordan and KO to heat for Lowry, love and 2027 FRP. Lowry is expiring and heat might go for the last push. Of course DA loves FRP
So, send our best passer and our second best scorer to Miami for the corpses of Kyle Lowry and Kevin Love and yet another 1st round pick, which is likely to be a late first?

I could see that fit. I think they like toppin, but Collins would be an upgrade there.

I can't picture Ainge doing a deal where we get 2nds back. Other than that I would love to get off of the Collins deal.
Toppin cant shoot and is a worse defender than Collins. Pacers seem to be on the precipice of becoming a serious team. Would they have cap to do something significant if they do nothing? Im not sure, but Collins could be a solid upgrade for them.

I think AInge may do a deal like that? We got Collins for essentially nothing, so it would be a win in terms of assets. I dont think Collins has much of a future in Utah.

So, send our best passer and our second best scorer to Miami for the corpses of Kyle Lowry and Kevin Love and yet another 1st round pick, which is likely to be a late first?

It would definitely be a give up on the season type of move, but I like the idea of Kyle Lowry being a mentor to Keyonte. Getting an expiring contract and a first for Clarkson would be good value.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_11-22-2023_9-08-22AM.png

Could Houston do this? They seemingly wanted to add a lot of win now vets in the off-season and overpaid for them. Clarkson would be a nice fit off the bench. They are losing games right now because they got no one off the bench who can give them buckets.

this is a sign that Lauri might be next. We’ll build everything tru the draft. Hardy is already showing signs he’s more invested in the future.

this is a sign that Lauri might be next. We’ll build everything tru the draft. Hardy is already showing signs he’s more invested in the future.
The Jazz wont trade Lauri unless he is telling them he wont re-sign. HIs value would be way higher in any trade once they have him signed long-term.

View attachment 15437

Could Houston do this? They seemingly wanted to add a lot of win now vets in the off-season and overpaid for them. Clarkson would be a nice fit off the bench. They are losing games right now because they got no one off the bench who can give them buckets.
I think that makes a lot of sense. I would try and get Whitmore back instead of the 1st but I'm fine with the Brooklyn 1st as well.

I think that makes a lot of sense. I would try and get Whitmore back instead of the 1st but I'm fine with the Brooklyn 1st as well.
Given the fact the Jazz passed on Whitmore twice I doubt he is that high on their wants.

The Jazz wont trade Lauri unless he is telling them he wont re-sign. HIs value would be way higher in any trade once they have him signed long-term.
Any team that trades for him isn't going to use him as a 1st option. Those positions are taken. On some teams he may not even be the 2nd banana.

Lauri is getting a max extension at Utah, though. How many teams will trade for a 3rd option, essentially a floor spacer (albeit a super efficient one), who's making the max? Some will, but that market isn't great.

IMO if Lauri is going to be traded, it needs to happen ASAP. This joke of a season isn't exactly improving his value.