What's new

Trade ideas

IQ available "for the right price" according to Michael Scotto. Jake Fisher says there is no buzz around him at this point, but didnt refute the report.

Not gonna be a buy low thing, but are we really even interested anymore? I mean its good to have multiple baskets for the eggs, but is there any hope that IQ and George become a good pair, or would it just be survivor of the fittest?

If they can't play together, each has value. I'd make that move in conjunction with giving New York Olynyk to squeeze more value. They could really use him.

If they can't play together, each has value. I'd make that move in conjunction with giving New York Olynyk to squeeze more value. They could really use him.
I don’t see George as someone you have to pigeon hole into one guard spot. I also don’t see IQ as just a pg but he’s also a dog on defense so I think it could work well enough. If it’s not an ideal pairing it’s easier to survive and mix and match with guards than it is with bigs.

Depending on price I’m in.

Quickley would be fine if they could get him on the cheap but there's no way I would be dealing those Cleveland picks. Cavs could make a bad Don trade or suffer 1-2 injuries and one of those picks could turn into Flagg or Cam Boozer.

Jazz actually would've had enough FA money to maybe offer Quickly a nice contract in FA (restricted) next offseason but that money is currently tied up in John Collins. They will still have FA money but most of that might already be earmarked for Lauri's extension.

Quickley would be fine if they could get him on the cheap but there's no way I would be dealing those Cleveland picks. Cavs could make a bad Don trade or suffer 1-2 injuries and one of those picks could turn into Flagg or Cam Boozer.

Jazz actually would've had enough FA money to maybe offer Quickly a nice contract in FA (restricted) next offseason but that money is currently tied up in John Collins. They will still have FA money but most of that might already be earmarked for Lauri's extension.
This can’t be true cuz John Collins was free.

John Collins is not wanted….but I think that KO+Sexton for Quickey+Fournier is a good foundation for a trade. I think we have to add a pick, but it could be a “least favorable first” kind of first round pick.

Last edited:

A Don trade will likely make them better next year.

PHI could be a Clarkson team. Idk if they even prefer Clarkson to Morris because Morris is playing extremely well, but that could be something. Clarkson doesn’t eat into their cap space too much.

PHI could be a Clarkson team. Idk if they even prefer Clarkson to Morris because Morris is playing extremely well, but that could be something. Clarkson doesn’t eat into their cap space too much.

Why would we trade Clarkson for Morris?

They supposedly want to keep max cap space… not sure they risk that for JC.

They supposedly want to keep max cap space… not sure they risk that for JC.

Does JC’s $14M make them lose their max space? If so, it’s probably a no go. I know it largely depends on which and how many of their expiring guys they want to bring back.

Last edited:
I think a JC to Houston trade would reap the best return for Jordan personally. They are a team that I think may pay a bit more to push into the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If the jazz traded for IQ they would have his bird rights and could go over the tax level some. With that said I am hearing that he wants 25 mil a year. I guess you could let him be a RFA and just match any reasonable offer. That is dangerous as that is supposedly what soured Hayward.

I like quickly a lot but I would need to look at the Jazz cap situation. Would also depend on if the jazz can move Clarkson.

I would prefer to see someone besides Sexton moved. Use picks instead

Crazy idea and i don't know is that even possible.
How much Raptors would ask about Barnes in possible trade.

Barnes seems to be really good player who can score etc
He would be very good / really good help for Lauri.

If i was Danny Ainge's shoes i would absolutely target on Barnes and trade everything else to get him but not Lauri.

Crazy idea and i don't know is that even possible.
How much Raptors would ask about Barnes in possible trade.

Barnes seems to be really good player who can score etc
He would be very good / really good help for Lauri.

If i was Danny Ainge's shoes i would absolutely target on Barnes and trade everything else to get him but not Lauri.
Bro the Raptors won't trade guys they don't even want to keep. It would cost every pick the Jazz hav to get Barnes.

If it wasn't for Olynyk's passing and (occasional) shooting, I'd absolutely hate his game. His tendency to give up on defensive plays and keep fouling for no reason is infuriating.

Collins is shooting a career high 40.4% from 3 on 3.6 attempts per game. We should strike while the iron is hot. I’m sure some team would talk themselves into a stretch-four who rebounds.

KO + One of THT/Sexton + "Least favorable of 202X first round pick" for Fournier + Quickley is the deal to make.

I don't understand why OKC would not do whatever it takes to get Lauri. They have more picks then they can possibly utilize. When you have the right player available, package picks and get the ideal player you need to move your team to the next level.

Lauri is the perfect pick for them:
  • Height/length matchup nightmare
  • Youth/fits timeline
  • Athletic
  • High shooting % at all three levels
  • Great contract
OKC Future 1st round picks

1703460321759.png

Attachments

• 1703450758477.png
    1703450758477.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Detroit is feeling some embarrassment and desperation about their team setting records for losing games. They're reportedly open to trading for more veteran players to help them.

If anyone has a nose for desperation it's Danny Ainge. Their roster doesn't have much to offer, but their picks would have value.