What's new

Trade Mitchell (Include Clarkson)

Trolling, I guess. But they absolutely should have traded Clarkson coming into the season, and after winning that stupid award. He has no role out there. Everyone else out there now is better than him. He plays most of his minutes with Conley, for godsakes! How would we not be better off with the ball in Conley's hands. And, as long as we're here, why not give Conley a chance sometimes at the end of these games? We have two guys that can do it!

Trolling, I guess. But they absolutely should have traded Clarkson coming into the season, and after winning that stupid award. He has no role out there. Everyone else out there now is better than him. He plays most of his minutes with Conley, for godsakes! How would we not be better off with the ball in Conley's hands. And, as long as we're here, why not give Conley a chance sometimes at the end of these games? We have two guys that can do it!
Yeah, I would like to see Conley with the ball in his hands at the end. At least he is always trying to make the right play. DM has been trash closing games this year.

I really see this season as our swan song. If we can't get it done this year something large has to change anyway. If the right package came along to get bigger and more athletic with picks attached I think you have to consider moving Mitchell. I'm leaning towards the opinion he doesn't finish this contract here, especially if this year's playoffs follow the same trajectory of the past two.

At this point I'd be fine with moving Mitchell. His need to be the hero will just kill our chances entirely.

My thought with Mitchell is if your team isn't good on offense, then trying to hero ball your way to victory is maybe justifiable?

But if your team has the best offensive rating in the NBA, the odds are pretty good that heroball isn't going to outperform continuing to run your regular offense. And yet the Jazz keep reverting to heroball at the end of close games, every time.

I think both Snyder and Mitchell are to blame here. Mitchell for obvious reasons, and Snyder for not doing anything about it despite it being an extremely obvious problem. I used to think it was an issue that Snyder would help coach Mitchell out of over time. But at this point, I think he either outright endorses it, or is too much of a player's coach to confront Mitchell about it.

I’m just here to sip tea.

I agree, trade him, because there’s nothing to be gained from keeping him around for a year or two until he demands it. That value is as high as it’ll ever be for the Jazz. Donovan is currently playing some of the least “care factor” basketball I’ve seen from a player since Deron. Donovan wants success…..for him. His lazy passes, the forced shots. The careless nature in the way he has played this season. I promise you everyone, this story book doesn’t get better the longer it goes.

I really see this season as our swan song. If we can't get it done this year something large has to change anyway. If the right package came along to get bigger and more athletic with picks attached I think you have to consider moving Mitchell. I'm leaning towards the opinion he doesn't finish this contract here, especially if this year's playoffs follow the same trajectory of the past two.
His stocks still plenty high, do it now. Like I get I have one point I drive home on this forum, but I don’t think any of us are actually enjoying watching this team play this season, at least if he was off it I could enjoy it more. Im glad to see others coming around.

My thought with Mitchell is if your team isn't good on offense, then trying to hero ball your way to victory is maybe justifiable?

But if your team has the best offensive rating in the NBA, the odds are pretty good that heroball isn't going to outperform continuing to run your regular offense. And yet the Jazz keep reverting to heroball at the end of close games, every time.

I think both Snyder and Mitchell are to blame here. Mitchell for obvious reasons, and Snyder for not doing anything about it despite it being an extremely obvious problem. I used to think it was an issue that Snyder would help coach Mitchell out of over time. But at this point, I think he either outright endorses it, or is too much of a player's coach to confront Mitchell about it.
Lol, confront Donovan on something? Training staff? Rudy? Donovan will just run crying to the media like he always does if something rubs him the wrong way. Quin isn’t going to take the ball out of his hands, Quin doesn’t want that mess on his hands and his name in headlines.

Heroball is what happens late in games and definitely in the playoffs. For as good as our regular season offensive and defensive numbers look, they don't translate in the times that matter most.

Don is and has been our best postseason player. Without him, we would have gotten destroyed. He is definitely struggling this year, but scapegoating him is ridiculous.

I think we have too many players who need the ball in their hands and too few of guys like Royce.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

He's basically CJ McCollum to me. Maybe ever so slightly better in taking over games but besides that, I don't see much difference.
He is just decent player to have.Not superstar not even close.And when u pair 2 player's with higher usage than lbj and dame or jb .,u getting this what we got atm.Two ice cold high usage shootters who's cost us almost every single lost so far...

I’ve had absolutely no heart for this team this year. Earlier on, I was wondering if I was just being a bitch.... turns out I was just a reflection of the team.

I said this several games ago: it looks like a squad that needs to be shaken up with a trade.