What's new

Trade Proposal: Kanter to LAC

Charlotte 22-29 in the God awful east. Jefferson with just 8.5 rebounds a game What a stud. Good for 19th in the league as the best center there is.

Scrub.

Charlotte will be in the play-offs again. Thanks to AL Jefferson the worst team in the NBA, right now transformed into a legit play-off team in the east. And that is AL Jefferson not even trying to perform his best. In the play-Offs he will destroy every team this year, one after another.

Why would you trade a player for a late first rounder? That is the worst idea. Enes is growing an developing. Heck, Hayward is finally a half way decent player how many minutes have we given him? I think it is smarter to keep our depth in the front court. I wouldn't mind seeing this same group for the next 2-3 years develop together.

I share your pessimism, but I don't think this deal is wildly unlikely/far off. It isn't likely that they can acquire the Saps, Wests, Lees, or Asiks in mid-season without giving up the same kind of haul.

TBH I didn't even read your proposal before laughing at getting something for Enes.

WTS, the dude is finally showing he can be an offensive brute. Two staggered picks from the cry baby team might be good value for them if we throw in Burke. Enes and Trey's parents will fit in there perfectly.

Are we going to potentially match an offer, falling for the Hey! I went to Turkey for a month, came back 20 pounds heavier, and finally got back into game shape in mid-January Kanter next season?

Are we going to potentially match an offer, falling for the Hey! I went to Turkey for a month, came back 20 pounds heavier, and finally got back into game shape in mid-January Kanter next season?

"We" fell for an injured shoulder, high injury risk game, who hasn't proved anything yet and could be replaced for less than half the cost Alec. Why wouldn't they fall for Bench Enes scoring 20 ppg and doing nothing else? We have our Detroit, right? Let's roll with KOC's draft role.

**** me if Enes is signed like Burks. That contract already killed the rebuild, why not add another stain to the record.

BTW, I finally think Enes is worth half a damn. But **** me if they sign him for starter money like the Burks atrocity...

Who are the free agent targets, and what chance do the Jazz have of signing any of them?

Goran Dragic
Wes Matthews
Monta Ellis
Arron Afflalo
Danny Green
Paul Millsap

The Jazz can always rescind Enes's QO and waive Booker (they have until a week after the July Moratorium to waive him for only $250k) if they want to sign a free agent. You only move Enes if you're getting something back of real value IMO (including in a package with other players). Two late firsts don't move the needle much at all.

Edit: Booker may be a very valuable asset come July. A team could trade players worth up to $7.26mm for Booker, and then cut Booker for $250k, creating better than $7mm in cap space. It's entirely possible that alone is worth a first round pick.

Last edited:
I'm not leading the Enes fan club, by my goodness do some people on here completely undervalue him.
Mostly, they are mad at him for blewing up a rare 3rd pick, especially while there were some other players on the same draft picked later who grew faster to help their teams win today rather than tomorrow. They are relatively right too. But you also are right when you say they undervalue him. If there was a game changer hole filler they could grab for him, Jazz may be better at leading games going into final minutes with less defensive liabilities. But the minus points per game would be an issue, because there are not many consistent scorers on the team.

Trade Enes for 2 future first round picks?? That will come later in the draft than sooner, a few years from now??? Genius!!!!! Then we could lengthen our time to be a winning team!!! Besides not making the playoffs is awesome!! Maybe if we can do really awful we can one day get the first pick!!! I hope the Jazz will one day get rid of all the players with more than 2 years of experience and have a roster of 15 rookies!!! yeah!!!! And since Hayward is Jesus/Chamberlain maybe we could get a 1st round player for life!!! Lets just start signing kids out of middle school. !!!!! YEAH!!!!

Kanter is worthless.
Noone gives two 1st round picks for him!

I am going to forgive you because its obvious that you posted that with emotion attached, not common sense. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT NBA TEAMS WILL PAY FOR EVEN MEDIOCRE BIG MEN?? Worthless??? You must be an MLB fan posting on an NBA site like you know what your talking about. Worthless??? An NBA big man that has received starting minutes and has a 17.65 PER (I'm not explaining to you definitions you should know) are worth some good money. Especially those of his age and PPG and RPG. Do your homework at least a little bit. Please. Worthless??? WOW!!!

Mostly, they are mad at him for blewing up a rare 3rd pick, especially while there were some other players on the same draft picked later who grew faster to help their teams win today rather than tomorrow. They are relatively right too. But you also are right when you say they undervalue him. If there was a game changer hole filler they could grab for him, Jazz may be better at leading games going into final minutes with less defensive liabilities. But the minus points per game would be an issue, because there are not many consistent scorers on the team.

They should be mad at managment for having Memo, BIG-AL, lil´sap, Favors and then drafting another BIG with a rare 3rd Pick. Now they have a worthless player, who is putting down some worthless stats, without any positive influence on the game...

Germans would say "du erntest was du säst"

They should be mad at managment for having Memo, BIG-AL, lil´sap, Favors and then drafting another BIG with a rare 3rd Pick. Now they have a worthless player, who is putting down some worthless stats, without any positive influence on the game...

Germans would say "du erntest was du säst"
Das klayne

Mostly, they are mad at him for blewing up a rare 3rd pick

What nonsense.

Kanter is starting to grow on me. He's actually trying on defense. Two reasons I want him gone:

Bigs aren't in demand and wings are at a premium. He can be replaced with the same offensive production and better defense for the same price or less. Kanter will get more than other, established vets because he's young.

There isn't an endless pool of money. There's a lot tied up in Hayward, Favors, and Burks already. We have to sign a point guard for good $$$$. What's left if Kanter is a $10mm bench player? This team can't afford ten million dollar bench players.

What nonsense.

Kanter is starting to grow on me. He's actually trying on defense. Two reasons I want him gone:

Bigs aren't in demand and wings are at a premium. He can be replaced with the same offensive production and better defense for the same price or less. Kanter will get more than other, established vets because he's young.

There isn't an endless pool of money. There's a lot tied up in Hayward, Favors, and Burks already. We have to sign a point guard for good $$$$. What's left if Kanter is a $10mm bench player? This team can't afford ten million dollar bench players.

It's good that you think that way, but there are posters like gay fish that said "the only time we had a pick we got this turd" and such. And I don't blame them. Enes did not contribute too much to winning. But then again, who did really? If the best to come out of Enes is a bench big, then he did not fulfil what had been expected of him. Many things that had been said about him is being said no more. Now, he has seen the bottom and some of the fans find new reasons to find more value in him. I myself do not see Enes as a bust. People who knew him always said you have to be patient with him. Maybe the Jazz are out of this patience, I don't know. But I am sure that Enes will figure his game out in less time than he has spent in NBA from now on and become a really solid offensive big that makes his team win games. I feel like Utah had a more legit skilled center to keep at hand for whatever it's worth (Rudy). And I think Enes might use a change of air, since his problem usually appeared to be mental. He is not developing as fast as his collegues at the similar youth level and this probably frustrated him. I don't know what his career path should be to get better at his down sides, but I feel like a trade would help him to grow mentally.
But lately I have listened to some interviews and Enes says "Big three" about him, Rudy and Derrick. Maybe it's a joke but I really liked his attitude making fun of himself playing defense and not going into an ego battle with his rising teammate. Maybe Quin is not acting, he actually has seen Kanter 's attitude and willingness to get better and he wants him. Time will tell.

Enes is pretty much the exact same player he was last year. Does that mean he has plateaued? He's still 22.

I'm hesitant to give up on him because I don't think we've seen him at full mojo. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and that's probably a product of the situations he has been put in throughout his career. Coming to another country is hard enough but imagine the stress put on him by being held out at Kentucky, then being Ty's whipping boy. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think there might be another gear or two to his play as he matures.
I disagree that he's the same player. I've seen some progress defensively (he did a decent job on Cousins) and offensively, he's been asked to extend his range rather than play inside. You are correct; he was Ty's and the media's whipping boy last season. And the two years before that, he'd often get a DNP-CD after a good game. He's the one player that has been jerked around the most since he was drafted.

I've waffled back and forth on Kanter all year. However, the last couple of weeks I've seen enough positive signs to put me firmly in the "re-sign Kanter" camp. Late firsts are really insignificant. Finding another Gobert in the late 20's is like being struck by lightning 2x. Incredibly rare. And, TBH, I'd rather have an early 2nd in a trade since those contracts aren't guaranteed.

Another part of that equation is the increase in the cap. Sorry, but Utah just isn't in the running for a superstar. Enes could be an absolutely dominant 6th man. Besides, we need 3 players in the rotation. Jazz CAN afford Enes, especially in light of the fact they're not going to have to reserve money for Trey. Look at the contracts for back up bigs. Kanter's contract won't be out of line IF we can get him for 4 years under the current cap constraints.

The only way I'd change my mind is IF the Jazz drafted WCS. Then we'd have two legit 5's and Favors would play the 4 for 35 mins/per. In that scenario, Utah would just need another PF for 13-15 mins (either Booker or another comparable player going forward).

I'm starting to think Kanter won't get that big of an offer in FA and will just pull a Greg Monroe.

I think that this will be the case. The only teams I could see offering him are Indiana and Detroit if West and Monroe go elsewhere. NY is the dark horse, but Kanter doesn't seem like a Phil Jackson guy... think they are aiming for bigger fish.

As long as Kanter doesn't get hurt next year he will make more money in the 2016 offseason than he can this offseason. When the cap goes up it will open more suitors and drive his price up... Get ready for one more year of the Kanter experiment.