What's new

Trade Rumor From NBADraft.Net Involving Andre Iguodala And The #3 Pick

KOC would be fired within 4 - 5 minutes of making this trade.

Philly's cast-offs for a pick that's either Kanter or Derrick Williams? Both of these players could be top-5 at their respective positions.

It's just a rumor, and no doubt, it's coming from Philly.

I wonder what iggy could with a little horny coaching. Might become an average shooter and stll be a great passer and rebounder. I say it is worth the risk. I agree though they would have to give us their pick

Hayward and Favors are green and still at least 2-3 years away from being true, true contributors on both ends imo. By that time, Iggy will be 30 or so and a free agent. Do we really think he'd re-sign here? Do we think he's really the long-term answer? Because that's what we need to concern ourselves with. Not this year. But 2-6 years out.

I also don't think he'll age well. He has a strong, heavy upper body that I think could create knee, lateral quickness issues with him over time.

There are a number of reasons why this trade doesn't work. The first is that no franchise with two communicating brain cells would base their entire draft plan, and a huge franchise decision, on something that would necessitate 3rd party players deciding to agree to a sign-and-trade long before negotiations can even begin.

I'd trade Bell for Jodi Meeks, but I don't want anything else the Sixers are selling.

Probably a thread of its own but: I hope that Jazz Managment has enough smarts and fortitude to build this team the right way with young talent. It could have some bumps along the way but so does throwing a bunch of cast off vetrans together just to make it to the first round....as last year showed.

I'd trade Bell for Jodi Meeks, but I don't want anything else the Sixers are selling.

Probably a thread of its own but: I hope that Jazz Managment has enough smarts and fortitude to build this team the right way with young talent. It could have some bumps along the way but so does throwing a bunch of cast off vetrans together just to make it to the first round....as last year showed.

EXACTLY. When you factor in salaries and longevity, "re-tooling" at this point is not only less-likely to yield anything in the realm of championships, but also MORE risky on top of that. Swallowing the pill of a bad season is a lot easier when you're spending a lot less money and have young players that you can reasonably believe will improve and get it, as oppose to paying more and having a roster full of finished products. Most of us here bemoaned the Jazz being stuck with the insufficient talent they had with no real assets to bail us out. Well, we're on the other side of that now. Let's embrace it and walk the walk.

Agree that Utah has to continue to focus on rebuilding longterm rather than short-term. That said, if it's the type of veteran who can help you win and also provide leadership for your young nucleus (i.e. Sac signing Vlade Divac in '99), I'd be fine with making a move. I want a young core to build around - not an entirely young team. But I agree, I don't think Iggy's that player.

No way should Jazz give up #3 for Iguadola, etc.
The #3 pick no matter who it is will become a way better player than Iggy.
And Jazz have time to let him develop.

If KOC is under the delusion that the Jazz are one player away from making a charge at a championship, he would pull the trigger on this trade in a heartbeat. But, if KOC knows that this is a rebuilding effort, he will walk away.

That would be a great trade if we don't get williams or irving. Iggy is only 27 how is that old vet?

I actually like it. Iggy may not be able to shoot but he can create,pass,hit a mid range and finish really well. Most importantly, he is a lock down defender. Then Hawes is huge 7'1 and would be a good backup C. Then Meeks would be an awesome back up SG that shoots 40% from 3 and that was just his rookie year.

With Meeks you can let go of CJ and with Iggy you can let go of AK. In addition, you get rid of Okur. You do have to take on Iggy's contract but getting rid of Okur and not signing CJ and AK sounds like a great deal to me.

Of course if D-will2 or Irving falls then its not the greatest deal. I like Kanter but is it worth taking him knowing he will be a back up for a couple of years?
It comes down to this, would you rather have Okur and the possibility of getting D-Will/Kanter/Irving or get rid of Okur and get Iggy and 2 good bench players?

OK So maybe I'm wrong. But who wants to get locked into big money contracts that will hinder future Jazz moves.

If KOC is under the delusion that the Jazz are one player away from making a charge at a championship, he would pull the trigger on this trade in a heartbeat. But, if KOC knows that this is a rebuilding effort, he will walk away.

Thats what worries me. His comments after the season were to the tune of: We have a good team. i expected us to make the playoffs. I think we will be better next year after we have time to get to know each other better.

I never heard or read where he said: We need to make some changes. We need to get more talent. Rebuilding is difficult, it might take a year or two.

Thats what worries me. His comments after the season were to the tune of: We have a good team. i expected us to make the playoffs. I think we will be better next year after we have time to get to know each other better.

I never heard or read where he said: We need to make some changes. We need to get more talent. Rebuilding is difficult, it might take a year or two.

If there's one thing I've learned about KOC, he's not straight-forward. About anything. Ever. Even if that's how he felt and what he said in private, there's no way he'd say that publicly.