What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Alternative deal that sends Don to Miami and Herro to Brooklyn could help solve a lot of problems. We get Miamis draft… the Phoenix 24 pick and the swap rights in 23/25/27/29 but we can swap with our pick… the Miami pick… or the Minny pick. It improves the quality of the picks we would already have. Phoenix sends the 26/28 picks to Brooklyn with Bridges/Johnson… we can fold in Conley/JC for Nets. We agree to help grease the wheels for a Lakers trade.

We also get Yurtseven Strus and whatever other minimum guys we want from Miami to sweeten the pot for other deals.

So we would have shorted the future of the twolves/Heat/Suns… we also likely can work our way to getting swaps with the lakers in 27/29 while Brooklyn gets the Lakers 28 pick. So Lakers give one pick to get Kyrie and filler. We can get a bunch of junk picks with cap rentals and other sell offs… this helps get quality picks without being overly greedy.

Why give up Turner and a pick when you can just sign him outright and get assets for Turner?
They may not have a home for Turner… the pick might be so they don’t match (it’s lotto protected then turns into a second). I think you are right but teams play nice sometimes to get a deal done without as much friction.

They might get just Turner which wouldn’t screw up the KD trade since they don’t want Ayton supposedly

Alternative deal that sends Don to Miami and Herro to Brooklyn could help solve a lot of problems. We get Miamis draft… the Phoenix 24 pick and the swap rights in 23/25/27/29 but we can swap with our pick… the Miami pick… or the Minny pick. It improves the quality of the picks we would already have. Phoenix sends the 26/28 picks to Brooklyn with Bridges/Johnson… we can fold in Conley/JC for Nets. We agree to help grease the wheels for a Lakers trade.

We also get Yurtseven Strus and whatever other minimum guys we want from Miami to sweeten the pot for other deals.

So we would have shorted the future of the twolves/Heat/Suns… we also likely can work our way to getting swaps with the lakers in 27/29 while Brooklyn gets the Lakers 28 pick. So Lakers give one pick to get Kyrie and filler. We can get a bunch of junk picks with cap rentals and other sell offs… this helps get quality picks without being overly greedy.

I like it but Phoenix is going to have to pony up more than that for KD.

I like it but Phoenix is going to have to pony up more than that for KD.
A little light on their end… I’d just love to get in on the Phoenix picks… they will have a 2-3 Year window at best… the clock is ticking hard on CP and KD… they have a cheap racist owner and if they have no picks they will struggle to reload.

A little light on their end… I’d just love to get in on the Phoenix picks… they will have a 2-3 Year window at best… the clock is ticking hard on CP and KD… they have a cheap racist owner and if they have no picks they will struggle to reload.

I just love getting picks 3-4-5-6-7 years down the road because literally anything can ****ing happen. The better they are early the better the chance they suck down the road when these picks start to cash in.

Miami is obviously not a **** franchise they are one of the better ones in the league but even they aren’t prone to having bad seasons. They were in the lottery three times in the past couple years. Anything is possible.

I just love getting picks 3-4-5-6-7 years down the road because literally anything can ****ing happen. The better they are early the better the chance they suck down the road when these picks start to cash in.
And I don’t know if it’s legal but I’d get swaps in 24/26/28 in Heat deals and make the language such that we can swap our first or any other first we acquire. Then we go out and get the 30th pick in future trades… even if it’s a jump from 30 to say 21… it can be meaningful.

And I don’t know if it’s legal but I’d get swaps in 24/26/28 in Heat deals and make the language such that we can swap our first or any other first we acquire. Then we go out and get the 30th pick in future trades… even if it’s a jump from 30 to say 21… it can be meaningful.

I love the way you think… I wonder if that’s possible.

I also think between Mike/Bogey/JC/Bev/Vandy and our ability to use cap space that there are like 4-5 other firsts we could go get over the next 6 months if we wanted. Maybe not unprotected firsts but firsts nonetheless.

It’s wild how freely first have been going out… it won’t continue.

If we pull a Don deal off I would check in on Sexton and see if they are interested in JC or Bogey… assuming price is right he’s a good buy low candidate. Won’t hurt the tank if we tear it down to studs.

I also think between Mike/Bogey/JC/Bev/Vandy and our ability to use cap space that there are like 4-5 other firsts we could go get over the next 6 months if we wanted. Maybe not unprotected firsts but firsts nonetheless.

It’s wild how freely first have been going out… it won’t continue.

It won’t continue after we end up with 20 1sts through 2029 lol.

Right now we have 3 in 2023 and 2 in 25/27/29.

If we trade Donovan that number moves up to 4 in 2023 and 3 in 25/27/29.

Bogey could easily net a 1st, Clarkson could easily net a 1st, hell Beasley and Beverley could both net us a 1st. We let Mike be tank commander and he gets traded for a 1st or two at the deadline.

We haven’t even touched on taking on salary with a 1st attached either. Presti is going to be jealous with the war chest Ainge puts together using his model.