What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Few notes from the article:

• Everyone "is still mad" at the T-pups, with one executive commenting on the Jrue trade in comparison while forgetting that Rudy was a 3x DPOY, 3x AS, 3x All-NBA, and 6 Def. All-NBA.
• Spurs, Jazz, and Rockets are the only teams in the West not really expected to compete. Some execs suspect Houston may surprise this year though.
• Everyone likes Kyrie's talent, no one likes that he's a Fruit Loop.
• Durant could "accelerate" things if he agitated Brooklyn enough, but Phoenix matching Ayton hurt them significantly in landing KD.

Bloody hell, this Free Agency is horrible for action.
do-something-wake-up.gif

If I were the Jazz, I’d have a conversation with Bev about buying in and teaching our incoming young guards how to be tough defensive minded SOB’s. If he is willing to do that for half the season, I’d have no problem shipping him off to the contender of his choice. Maybe he’s much more valuable to other teams right now though, I dunno?
Seems like that’d be smart for him as well, wait until you know who the real contenders are.

If I were the Jazz, I’d have a conversation with Bev about buying in and teaching our incoming young guards how to be tough defensive minded SOB’s. If he is willing to do that for half the season, I’d have no problem shipping him off to the contender of his choice. Maybe he’s much more valuable to other teams right now though, I dunno?
Seems like that’d be smart for him as well, wait until you know who the real contenders are.
I think his value is high now and he is very likely moved. He’s had a bunch of his injures and I think it’s wise to move him now if there is an acceptable deal.

I live Bev a lot and have been waiting for a long time to watch him in a Jazz uni, but:

-I don't think he has any interest in playing for a non-playoff team.
- There's also a chance that nobody from our team next year is part of our team once we start competing.
- When I imagined him in a Jazz uniform, it didn't look anything like our uniforms next year, but was an actual professional sports league looking uniform.

The problem is Russ still thinks he is the ****, when really he is just headed down the toilet.
Oh we may trade for him... we kind of have a perfect package. I think the Lakers want Lebron to commit to an extension in order to throw some down the line picks in to grease the wheels though.

He will never play for us though.

When/if the KD trade happens or is buried there will be a flurry of activity. At that point Westbrook is traded with picks to either LA for Kyrie or somewhere else with picks. Giving them 3 of Mike, Bev, Bogey, Beasley, JC is likely pretty appealing and then they don't have to deal with Kyrie.

I fail to see how that's a problem if we are tanking.
I just meant the problem with Russ being hard to deal with. I couldn't care less about his fit or lack thereof on any given team.

I think Conley+Beverley+Bogdanovic is what we would send out for Westbrook+THT. Alternatively, you could send out Clarkson+Gay instead. It's important to watch the LAL future cap space, I doubt they want to burn that up. But either of these combinations preserves LeBron+Max cap space next summer I believe.

If the RWB trade can't get done, I think Bev, Bogey, or Clarkson for THT and a first is very real.

I think Conley+Beverley+Bogdanovic is what we would send out for Westbrook+THT. Alternatively, you could send out Clarkson+Gay instead. It's important to watch the LAL future cap space, I doubt they want to burn that up. But either of these combinations preserves LeBron+Max cap space next summer I believe.

If the RWB trade can't get done, I think Bev, Bogey, or Clarkson for THT and a first is very real.

I really want LA's first round picks, but it also makes me feel a little dirty helping them out. Adding Conley, Beverly, and Bogey to Lebron and AD would be as good as they could hope for in my opinion.

Conley/Bogey for Westbrook + 2 1sts seems like the cleanest and most logical trade.

I think we can also easily save them 5-10M this year which will help their tax bill... it matters a lot to them as a family owned biz and not a billionaire owned biz.

I think it may end up being like 27 pick unprotected and 29 top 5 or like 28 pick unprotected and swaps in 27/29. Likely some very mild protections in there. Can't see them letting this Westbrook BS eff up another season with Lebron and getting 3 or 4 high level rotation pieces that fit would be really helpful.

Bogey is the very best/realistic option the Lakers have to really pair perfectly with Bron and AD.

If they added Bev with Bogey and subtracted Russ, the Lakers would be relevant again.

Conley/Bogey for Westbrook + 2 1sts seems like the cleanest and most logical trade.

Conley takes away $24M of their future cap space, which is super valuable to them. Might take them out of a max spot, but I haven't done the math. I think adding in THT-Beverley makes it more tolerable because they get another good player and offset some of Conley's future salary by getting rid of THT. THT is the right type of player for us to take a chance on anyways.

I think we can also easily save them 5-10M this year which will help their tax bill... it matters a lot to them as a family owned biz and not a billionaire owned biz.

I think it may end up being like 27 pick unprotected and 29 top 5 or like 28 pick unprotected and swaps in 27/29. Likely some very mild protections in there. Can't see them letting this Westbrook BS eff up another season with Lebron and getting 3 or 4 high level rotation pieces that fit would be really helpful.

Clarkson, Bogey, Beverley for RWB and THT cuts off $11.4 M this season and barely adds any future salary. It's a really desirable package for LAL, but you have to make them pay for it. I do think you could potentially get a first for all three of the guys we're sending out if you were willing to wait till the deadline.