What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If we got a first for Royce ****ing Oneal we can get a first for each of those 3, agreed.

Conley takes away $24M of their future cap space, which is super valuable to them. Might take them out of a max spot, but I haven't done the math. I think adding in THT-Beverley makes it more tolerable because they get another good player and offset some of Conley's future salary by getting rid of THT. THT is the right type of player for us to take a chance on anyways.
Keeping LBJ happy matters more to them cap space. A package of Conley, Bogey, and a filler addresses some issues for them at the expense of a disgruntled Westbrook and futures that may not matter much.

Clarkson, Bogey, Beverley for RWB and THT cuts off $11.4 M this season and barely adds any future salary. It's a really desirable package for LAL, but you have to make them pay for it. I do think you could potentially get a first for all three of the guys we're sending out if you were willing to wait till the deadline.
Probably could get firsts but they would be lotto protected types... and you may not find fits for all three. If you can get a couple great quality picks in one deal I'd probably favor that one. I think Mike can play well and get a first... there is also Vando who could be added into this as well. I would want the picks and swap to be unprotected in that case.

Clarkson, Bogey, Beverley for RWB and THT cuts off $11.4 M this season and barely adds any future salary. It's a really desirable package for LAL, but you have to make them pay for it. I do think you could potentially get a first for all three of the guys we're sending out if you were willing to wait till the deadline.
I think it saves even more than that as they are doing a 2 for 3 deal.

Conley takes away $24M of their future cap space, which is super valuable to them. Might take them out of a max spot, but I haven't done the math. I think adding in THT-Beverley makes it more tolerable because they get another good player and offset some of Conley's future salary by getting rid of THT. THT is the right type of player for us to take a chance on anyways.
Could waive and stretch Mike and its like a $5M cap hit instead of 24.

Could waive and stretch Mike and its like a $5M cap hit instead of 24.

Very on the books to do that, and they could actually really use Mike. I think they would just prefer to pay more tax and include THT for future savings. Or they don't take Mike and just stick with the other players. We have a lot of players they could use, getting back Conley just to waive him is probably not their best option.

I didn't consider the partial guarantee on Conley....definitely makes him more tolerable to take for the Lakers.

We can take back more salary while Lakers send out less if we include it in the Knicks deal.

If I'm LA, I'm looking hard at a package of Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson or Beverly for Westbrook, Nunn (or other filler) and a couple of picks.

Very on the books to do that, and they could actually really use Mike. I think they would just prefer to pay more tax and include THT for future savings. Or they don't take Mike and just stick with the other players. We have a lot of players they could use, getting back Conley just to waive him is probably not their best option.
Use him this year... waive him next is what I was implying.

They honestly could use all three of our guards. Bogey fits just about anywhere so he'd be good there too. Vando is a guy I think they would be VERY interested in. I prefer to keep him out of this deal, but he has tremendous value as a contributor that is low salary for a couple years. Not sure we get the utility we could out of him in a tanking situation.

We can take back more salary while Lakers send out less if we include it in the Knicks deal.
We have to be mindful of the tax though. I think 7-8M in cap savings is appropriate for what they can offer and the quality of the players we provide.

Use him this year... waive him next is what I was implying.

They honestly could use all three of our guards. Bogey fits just about anywhere so he'd be good there too. Vando is a guy I think they would be VERY interested in. I prefer to keep him out of this deal, but he has tremendous value as a contributor that is low salary for a couple years. Not sure we get the utility we could out of him in a tanking situation.

Bogey is the quintessential LeBron teammate. He would get tons of open threes. He’s what they desperately need.

I wonder if Utah or New York have discussed additional Jazz players attached to Mitchell to make them more willing to give the Godfather offer.

Would Utah be willing to include a Clarkson or Bogey to get those 4 unprotected Knicks picks, or are they hardline that is simply the price for Mitchell alone?

We have to be mindful of the tax though. I think 7-8M in cap savings is appropriate for what they can offer and the quality of the players we provide.

We’re still well under the tax. It can matter when it comes down to a couple million for the Lakers potentially.

A straight Westbrook trade the minimum we can send out is 37.75M.

We add that to Mitchell’s already outgoing salary of 30.4M then we have some extra room to work with.

I wonder if Utah or New York have discussed additional Jazz players attached to Mitchell to make them more willing to give the Godfather offer.

Would Utah be willing to include a Clarkson or Bogey to get those 4 unprotected Knicks picks, or are they hardline that is simply the price for Mitchell alone?
Its all up for debate imo. I think Randle may be a no fly zone... but honestly if they came and said - 4 unprotected picks, all of the other picks, Quickley, Grimes, and Randle for Don... I'd have to do it I think. (assume that scenario Toppin is the guy they want to keep at the 4).

We’re still well under the tax. It can matter when it comes down to a couple million for the Lakers potentially.

A straight Westbrook trade the minimum we can send out is 37.75M.

We add that to Mitchell’s already outgoing salary of 30.4M then we have some extra room to work with.
How far though? When you start doing 7 for 2 super trades there is an added cost of $10M to filling out the roster... so you need to be 20-25M under the tax. I think we might be like $15M?

How far though? When you start doing 7 for 2 super trades there is an added cost of $10M to filling out the roster... so you need to be 20-25M under the tax. I think we might be like $15M?

With the signing of Fontecchio we’re actually only 8.3M under the tax with 14 players.

We can save 6M by doing a deal with the Knicks that only takes back 24.5M or so.

We can easily do a 3 for 1 or a 4 for 1 with the Knicks so we don’t have to worry about filling out the roster.

That type of deal makes us around 14M under the tax with 16 or 17 players.

We then deal 2 or 3 to the Lakers for Westbrook and we still slide under the tax.