What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

For example, a Bogey/Clarkson for Westbrook trade doesn’t come close to working as a straight trade. If you add it in the Knicks deal it works and we add 6-8M total while the Lakers save 11-13M worth of salary. I think we can get the Lakers to give us their 27/29 1sts and 28 pick swap if we help them save that much. Same concept with a Bogey/Beverley package or Bogey/Beasley etc. None of those work on their own but added in the Knicks deal they do.

With the signing of Fontecchio we’re actually only 8.3M under the tax with 14 players.

We can save 6M by doing a deal with the Knicks that only takes back 24.5M or so.

We can easily do a 3 for 1 or a 4 for 1 with the Knicks so we don’t have to worry about filling out the roster.

That type of deal makes us around 14M under the tax with 16 or 17 players.

We then deal 2 or 3 to the Lakers for Westbrook and we still slide under the tax.
And I think in any Westbrook deal we can save them 8M-ish and that should be plenty of value to get the 2 picks they can offer. Don't necessarily need to go further than that. NY deal we can save some money and add like you outlined.

Lakers can go sign Kyrie next year if Lebron re-signs... saves them from getting in the Ky business a year early.

For example, a Bogey/Clarkson for Westbrook trade doesn’t come close to working as a straight trade. If you add it in the Knicks deal it works and we add 6-8M total while the Lakers save 11-13M worth of salary. I think we can get the Lakers to give us their 27/29 1sts and 28 pick swap if we help them save that much. Same concept with a Bogey/Beverley package or Bogey/Beasley etc. None of those work on their own but added in the Knicks deal they do.
And I think they'd prefer to tack another player in the deal than save the money. I think the money is a really nice side benefit but the team being good and being rid of Westbrook is the priority.

And I think in any Westbrook deal we can save them 8M-ish and that should be plenty of value to get the 2 picks they can offer. Don't necessarily need to go further than that. NY deal we can save some money and add like you outlined.

Lakers can go sign Kyrie next year if Lebron re-signs... saves them from getting in the Ky business a year early.

And I think they'd prefer to tack another player in the deal than save the money. I think the money is a really nice side benefit but the team being good and being rid of Westbrook is the priority.

I just want those picks and am thinking outside of the box to how we ensure we get them. The less we take back the better and the less we save them the better of course.

I really want LA's first round picks, but it also makes me feel a little dirty helping them out. Adding Conley, Beverly, and Bogey to Lebron and AD would be as good as they could hope for in my opinion.
I have no hesitations about it at all. In fact, I'd love to send Bogey, Mike, or JC to a place where they have a real shot at a ring or otherwise be happy.

LMAO

The Knicks are assembling the 4 horsemen of the basketapocalypse
Apparently the context is clearing out salary cap room... but either way that means that they'd be a terrible team next year... get that 23 pick and hope to get some lotto luck.

I have no hesitations about it at all. In fact, I'd love to send Bogey, Mike, or JC to a place where they have a real shot at a ring or otherwise be happy.
This. I actually feel bad for anyone we hold onto, as it means they have no chance for a ring unless they can or will stick around for another 5+ years. Bogey and Conley do not have that in them. JC would, but will he be willing? I would rather send these core vets out to places they can compete and in ways that bring us back max assets in return. I would really feel bad for Bogey to be stuck here in our rebuilding phase for his remaining years just because. No reason to keep them. Give them a chance to fly and be free!

Yeah, I like all of our guys too. It probably makes me a little petty, but I have a hard time not smiling when I think of Westbrook being the millstone that drags down the Lakers in to the bottom half of the conference.

This. I actually feel bad for anyone we hold onto, as it means they have no chance for a ring unless they can or will stick around for another 5+ years. Bogey and Conley do not have that in them. JC would, but will he be willing? I would rather send these core vets out to places they can compete and in ways that bring us back max assets in return. I would really feel bad for Bogey to be stuck here in our rebuilding phase for his remaining years just because. No reason to keep them. Give them a chance to fly and be free!

Bogey is an expiring, he'll have other opportunities but I would still want to set him up ideally.

Conley's situation concerns me, however. He really needs to get to winning that ring soon if he wants to be a real contributor on a team that wins one.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2aj5n2q9

I think this is a compelling offer for LA:

Bev, Beasley, and Bogey

for

Westbrook, THT, and... hopefully close to all the draft compensation they can send

Saves them $11 million, Jazz would still be under the tax (assuming they do the cheap NY deal which I think they will). Maybe we toss in Vanderbilt and/or a NY guard to sweeten.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2aj5n2q9

I think this is a compelling offer for LA:

Bev, Beasley, and Bogey

for

Westbrook, THT, and... hopefully close to all the draft compensation they can send

Saves them $11 million, Jazz would still be under the tax (assuming they do the cheap NY deal which I think they will). Maybe we toss in Vanderbilt and/or a NY guard to sweeten.
I think we keep Beasley unless they love him. He could have a great year and be valuable or could be a keeper.

I think they could really use all of Bev, JC, Mike. They pick two and get Bogey… I think that enough. Vando would be more of a pillar of the deal than a throw in. I think either Bogey or Vando would have the most trade value independently… could be way off but I think he easily nets a first by himself… Bogey too… JC and Bev are more like 3 second rounders types unless you take back bad salary.

If Utah was dead set on minimizing incoming players and maximizing picks why not something like Westbrook to Utah, Don to NY, Randle to LA, filler where necessary, all the Picks to Utah.

If Utah was dead set on minimizing incoming players and maximizing picks why not something like Westbrook to Utah, Don to NY, Randle to LA, filler where necessary, all the Picks to Utah.

I don’t see the Lakers really wanting Randle. Plus this lets the Knicks off easy and we’d have to send more salary to the Lakers because it doesn’t work cap wise.