What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think some teams might see him that way due to his contract and age, but I think other teams see him as a player they would love to have.

We need to find one of those teams that values him because I don't think he is a good fit with what we want to do going forward.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

This. Not all other teams have a midget playing the shooting guard position. Donovan and conley doesnt work cause they are both tiny by nba standards. But conley and a 6 foot 6 shooting guard might work much better.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

This. Not all other teams have a midget playing the shooting guard position. Donovan and conley doesnt work cause they are both tiny by nba standards. But conley and a 6 foot 6 shooting guard might work much better.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You’re right. Which 6’6 shooting guard are we trading Donovan for?

I wonder if the Knicks will try to trade up to 4 seeing as Ivey is a CAA client.
Probably… but I don’t think even the Kings are stupid enough to bite on #11 and Randle.

However… I think if I was the GM of Sac I might try to do an underhanded deal for a team that will employ me after I get canned. The playoff mandate stuff is laughable and makes it pretty hard to do a good job without crushing the long term… do a McHale style favor to the Knicks and then join them after I got canned. If I was an owner I’d never want a lame duck GM or to tell them they have a playoff mandate. They will absolutely do short term stuff just to try and stay employed and could do some underhanded ****.

Say you tell an investment advisor they need to double your money in a year or else you are out… you think that person gonna make smart moves?

Probably… but I don’t think even the Kings are stupid enough to bite on #11 and Randle.

However… I think if I was the GM of Sac I might try to do an underhanded deal for a team that will employ me after I get canned. The playoff mandate stuff is laughable and makes it pretty hard to do a good job without crushing the long term… do a McHale style favor to the Knicks and then join them after I got canned. If I was an owner I’d never want a lame duck GM or to tell them they have a playoff mandate. They will absolutely do short term stuff just to try and stay employed and could do some underhanded ****.

Say you tell an investment advisor they need to double your money in a year or else you are out… you think that person gonna make smart moves?
If Sacramento can get Randle and #11 for #4, what do they have to lose? They don't draft well. They don't develop well.

Randle and Sabonis could play together. Their defense would struggle, but who is guarding that post tandem? Both can shoot well enough to spread the floor for Fox to attack.

Fox
DiVincenzo/Davion Mitchell/Holiday
Barnes
Randle
Sabonis

Thats a talented bunch. Exciting for a city that rarely has an exciting product.

If Sacramento can get Randle and #11 for #4, what do they have to lose? They don't draft well. They don't develop well.

Randle and Sabonis could play together. Their defense would struggle, but who is guarding that post tandem? Both can shoot well enough to spread the floor for Fox to attack.

Fox
Barnes
Randle
Sabonis

Thats a talented bunch. Exciting for a city that rarely has an exciting product.

Randle and Sabonis would be a terrible pairing. Maybe one of the worst o can think of with talented players.

Fox
Barnes
Randle
Sabonis

Telling the Kings, "You suck at drafting--here, take a bad contract and give us your pick instead," isn't a reasonable way to negotiate a trade deal. The Kings did draft Haliburton. They just traded him away.

Telling the Kings, "You suck at drafting--here, take a bad contract and give us your pick instead," isn't a reasonable way to negotiate a trade deal. The Kings did draft Haliburton. They just traded him away.
It's possible they get a player at #11 who is as good as the player at #4.

Randle is a good player but doesn't fit everywhere. Last year, he played really well. This year, opponents keyed on him because the rest of the NY roster sucks or is too young.

Sabonis, Barnes and Fox are better than anybody on the Knicks roster. I think he would be part of a team instead of trying to do everything in NY.

Trade 1
Jazz receive:
Harrison Barnes
Kings receive: Caris Levert, Jared Butler
Cavs receive: Mike Conley

Trade 2
Jazz receive:
Malcolm Brogdon
Pacers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic

Trade 3
Jazz receive: