What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

TJ also mentions our taxpayer MLE like we will actually use it... Imma go ahead and say that goes unused unless we dump a bunch of salary.

Levert has only played 100+ games over 3 seasons, I think that's a pass or a 150 games over 5 years..... unless they give you the 14th pick lol

I think they have the pieces in a Jrue Holiday type deal... but we aren't willing to rebuild.

I think the core issue of any Rudy trade is that Rudy's on court value to us >>>>> his trade value. Like the rumored Atlanta interest... I'm honestly not sure that Collins + Capela for Rudy is on the table. I kind of believe the reports that they aren't as gung ho on a center upgrade and will prioritize other areas. They might do Hunter and Capela but I really think Hunter isn't nearly as good as some seem to think.

I honestly think they have made the rounds a couple times and are underwhelmed at the return.

I think Rudy's on-court value is high for a lot of teams, not just the Jazz. I think teams are waiting to see how Rudy's market plays out. They're not going to make their best offer until they know what other teams are offering and what they have to bid against. Also, if draft picks are involved in the trade discussion, the team will weigh the trade against other offers for their picks. Rudy's market is also complicated by other factors like Deandre Ayton, what on earth is going on in Brooklyn, which teams Zach Lavine is leaning towards, what Portland is going to do with the #7 pick, etc.

By the time of the draft, it should be clear whether the Jazz are likely to move Gobert or not. Two days before the draft, a team like Charlotte might say, "Okay, we'll do Rozier, Washington and our first-round picks for Gobert." They won't be pressed to decide sooner than that.

The hope is that a couple teams, like Atlanta and Charlotte, come to the conclusion that trading for Rudy is their best route to improving, so they make a strong move and the market heats up. I think that's plausible. If not, that sucks, tbh.

Levert has only played 100+ games over 3 seasons, I think that's a pass or a 150 games over 5 years..... unless they give you the 14th pick lol
Lmao. The Jazz have paid people first round picks to take back 20 million in salary. Getting off 40 million for Conley and getting a chance at a good version of LeVert is about as good as youre going to get as far as high end upside of a Conley trade

I think Rudy's on-court value is high for a lot of teams, not just the Jazz. I think teams are waiting to see how Rudy's market plays out. They're not going to make their best offer until they know what other teams are offering and what they have to bid against. Also, if draft picks are involved in the trade discussion, the team will weigh the trade against other offers for their picks. Rudy's market is also complicated by other factors like Deandre Ayton, what on earth is going on in Brooklyn, which teams Zach Lavine is leaning towards, what Portland is going to do with the #7 pick, etc.

By the time of the draft, it should be clear whether the Jazz are likely to move Gobert or not. Two days before the draft, a team like Charlotte might say, "Okay, we'll do Rozier, Washington and our first-round picks for Gobert." They won't be pressed to decide sooner than that.

The hope is that a couple teams, like Atlanta and Charlotte, come to the conclusion that trading for Rudy is their best route to improving, so they make a strong move and the market heats up. I think that's plausible. If not, that sucks, tbh.
I want to be clear... I don't think a trade happens until like 2-3 days before the draft at the earliest. I think the noise around what we will do is changing a bit based on us making some initial calls and finding it not super promising. That could be positioning for sure... I just think teams, especially Charlotte, will look at his deal a little closer and look at alternatives. Atlanta too.. may think an upgrade on Capela is good but then you look at the finances and see Trae is now more expensive and it doesn't make as much sense.

I take a lot of the news with a grain of salt but if it makes sense there is likely some truth to it.

I also think we have a good read of the market on our other stuff because I do think we were trying to do deals at the deadline. Maybe Conley wasn't completely available but i think the other guys were... and there wasn't a great deal. Maybe there were some out there we might settle on now... maybe a team like the Wiz is now willing to bring in a pg. I think our trade assets aren't as attractive as we'd like... as teams miss in FA and at the draft that may change.

Well yeah, the biggest Conley hater on the board thinks getting back a high potential expiring contract for Conley isnt enough. Fans are like that.
This is fair. I also think Hollinger's deals he put together were pretty rich. If we had Capela, JC, +something on the table I think we'd do it... maybe out of desperation to shake things up. The Charlotte deal seems amazing but I really like PJ and could see his value fluctuating depending on who you are talking to.

I think the biggest "value" will come from the tank packages and we go for one of those next year.

If they want Conley, then only getting expiring LeVert is bad asset management by us in my opinion.

At least send them Rudy Gay and bring back expirings. Or get 2nd rounders. Something

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

According to you we should be using a 1st to just get rid of him. By the way you talk he’s a negative asset. Clown.

You just described a weak trade market. Having a bunch of teams that want to buy low is not a strong trade market.

It means the initial offers are soft. The final offers should be better, but teams have no motivation to make those offers right now. If the final offers don't improve, then it's bugger-all.

Last edited:
Lmao. The Jazz have paid people first round picks to take back 20 million in salary. Getting off 40 million for Conley and getting a chance at a good version of LeVert is about as good as youre going to get as far as high end upside of a Conley trade
Okay, you convinced me. I'll do it. It'll give Butler some minutes too

Also, just once I would love for Tony to say that the Jazz are being pretty passive. They are really just letting things come to them and seeing how that works.

If you aren't making trades materialize then you may not have been aggressive enough with offers. Anyone would do a trade that is an obvious win for them. Being aggressive means you might take a little more risk to get a deal done.

Tony is going along with the company line. Jazz are going to act like there's nothing wrong at all and they have no problem bringing back their stars who are signed well into the future. They're open to making trades, of course, but they're not desperate at all and surely wouldn't accept a deal that isn't advantageous....yada yada. It's all posturing to try to boost their negotiating position. Tony even pushed that story about the Jazz wanting to keep their stars to play in the All Star game next year.

Spence Checketts is an instigator sometimes though.

If you aren't making trades materialize then you may not have been aggressive enough with offers. Anyone would do a trade that is an obvious win for them. Being aggressive means you might take a little more risk to get a deal done.
Agreed and with higher risk there is always a higher chance of failure. It means that some of those trades won't work out, just like some draft picks will inevitably not work out. And yet when a team takes a chance that doesn't work, they get royally bagged on. Names like Mike Conley come to mind.

Agreed and with higher risk there is always a higher chance of failure. It means that some of those trades won't work out, just like some draft picks will inevitably not work out. And yet when a team takes a chance that doesn't work, they get royally bagged on. Names like Mike Conley come to mind.
I was really just mocking the report we will be aggressive because it’s the same every year… I’m not sure what that means to them… like are they answering the phone very fast and hanging up hard? Are the pounding the keyboard as they type their emails?

To us its very clearly sticking your neck out on a transaction that carries some risk… scared money don’t make none. To them it might mean they make a bunch of lopsided offers and hope to find a sucker I guess… then settle for a deal that saves Ryan some money.

The way you talk about him he’s a negative asset in your opinion right?
I think some teams might see him that way due to his contract and age, but I think other teams see him as a player they would love to have.

We need to find one of those teams that values him because I don't think he is a good fit with what we want to do going forward.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app