What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Does anyone think it's plausible the Jazz could make another Donovan if they traded Donovan?

Meaning, how many rookies in this class do you think could put up 20 points on average efficiency of a team gave them 17 shots a game?

Ivey seems like the only guard with a chance.

Murray if including other positions. Paolo/Jabari at the top.

Eason would be my longshot.

There's also a weird Kyrie and KD situation brewing in Brooklyn, and that doesn't even consider Ben Simmons. If I were BRK, I'd be talking to Utah about both Rudy and Donovan.

They aren't trading either anywhere they don't want to go, so I wouldn't bother going direct, but maybe in a 3 teamer I could see it. Doubt BRK would go Goberts way, but I could see Donovan in BRK (lol if Simmons is still on the squad).

They aren't trading either anywhere they don't want to go, so I wouldn't bother going direct, but maybe in a 3 teamer I could see it. Doubt BRK would go Goberts way, but I could see Donovan in BRK (lol if Simmons is still on the squad).

BRK doesn't want to extend Kyrie's contract. If I were them I'd offer a Kyrie-for-Donovan swap and offer to bring in a 3rd team. The problem is, I'm not sure how most of the league views Kyrie.

Separately, I'd offer a Simmons-for-Gobert swap. Jazz would probably laugh though.

Not even just that Kyrie is a dumbass.

Thats a S&T Kyrie, he's not even close in value to Don (and I'm not all that high on Dons value).

The Warriors paid a 1st to trade a S&T KD for Russell.

The Nets would be happy to get Conley straight up in a Kyrie S&T. The alternative is he walks and they're still capped.

The Nets would be happy to get Conley straight up in a Kyrie S&T. The alternative is he walks and they're still capped.

I’d approve of a Conley for Kyrie trade.
Dunno what the market is for Conley - if there’s something better (picks), but Kyrie is good. In Utah he wouldn’t miss games because of the unvaccinated status. Dunno if he’d refuse to play in Utah ala Ronnie Seikley though.

A while back Bobby Marks mentioned that the Nets might be willing to give up their first-round pick for Royce, and yesterday Locke mentioned it as well. If we can really get a first for Royce, I would absolutely do it.

What number pick do Nets have and if I'm Jazz I do that immediately before Nets change their mind

Jared Butler can play off the ball, and he can move the ball. He just needs to stop trying to isolate so much. If the Jazz move him, I'd imagine it's because he's one of the few young players the Jazz have that would draw interest from teams.
Part of the problem is we have a coach that either A) doesn't know how to use a player like Butler or 2) won't change his system to allow for butler's development or talents to be used to the fullest. Or both.

Jazz out: Gobert, Conley, Royce

Jazz in: Hayward, Washington, LeVert, #13, #15, #23

Hornets out: Hayward, Washington, #13, #15

Hornets in: Gobert

Brooklyn in: Royce

Brooklyn out: #23

Cleveland in: Conley

Cleveland out: LeVert

I wonder how high we could move up with those three picks. Maybe #7 from Portland and they use one or two to get Grant? Hell maybe we use one or two to get him ourselves.

Bickerstaff wants to coach Conley again apparently in Cleveland. They want a LaVert for Conley deal done.
It would be a smart move for them. Not that Conley is a great fit, but Levert is damaged goods and on a contract year. They can bring Conley off the bench and he's going to be highly highly productive for them. Not sure what their cap situation entails, but it's not like Cleveland is going to sign anyone good this year (the FA pool sucks *** and they are Cleveland).

They are buying low on a guy who was one of the more impactful regular season players in the NBA.