What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Wasn't denying it per se... just hadn't heard it much. Trade market is a little constipated but again 90% of the in season trades happen right at or around the deadline.
Yeah ofc.. everyone knows that. But both East and West are sort of in a deadlock situation around the play-in bubble line... which is likely causing everyone to wait (they want to know if teams like Bulls, Raptors or Wizards start selling quality pieces).

Yeah ofc.. everyone knows that. But both East and West are sort of in a deadlock situation around the play-in bubble line... which is likely causing everyone to wait (they want to know if teams like Bulls, Raptors or Wizards start selling quality pieces).
side note... its kind of hilarious when teams all wait for the first domino... then the domino never falls and there's like a bunch of deals that go nowhere.

side note... its kind of hilarious when teams all wait for the first domino... then the domino never falls and there's like a bunch of deals that go nowhere.
I think there is a lot of "if/then" involved in that. And if the "if" never happens then the "then" doesn't either.

Kinda riffing on the Fisher idea of Vando to Pacers... they own the Celtics and Cavs picks this year. Its not like ideal to have another first, but they are also under the cap... maybe we could do Vando for one of those picks or maybe sneak Gay into the deal if they can't use all their space.

I think there is a lot of "if/then" involved in that. And if the "if" never happens then the "then" doesn't either.
Agree somewhat... I think GMs are also hilarious for "keeping powder dry for the big move" and then the big move is never really available - see Lakers, Los Angeles

From Jake Fischer:

Will the Jazz be active in the market?

After Utah’s early season success, league personnel is expecting the Jazz to reintroduce another seller into the trade deadline. Utah has received plenty of incoming calls on both Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, sources told Yahoo Sports, with the Jazz’s perceived valuation of a first-round pick for each player. Perhaps Vanderbilt is another young forward the Pacers deem has enough upside to grow alongside Turner.

The Jazz and Hawks have discussed a deal surrounding John Collins for Beasley and Vanderbilt, sources said, although Utah has lobbied Atlanta for a first-round pick in addition to Collins to complete that framework.

Jordan Clarkson is not considered a trade candidate at this time, as Utah would like to keep the veteran scorer beyond this season, sources said. The Jazz, though, are prohibited by CBA rules from offering Clarkson a contract extension in his desired range of $20 million of average annual value, and Clarkson appears set to reach unrestricted free agency.

I would love that Collins deal. Myself personally wouldn’t even need a pick added.

From Jake Fischer:

I would love that Collins deal. Myself personally wouldn’t even need a pick added.
I'd probably rather flip Beasley for a first and Vando for a first if I could. I want flexibility... a Collins deal would be interesting. I'd also rather see us at 8-10 in the lotto than 14-16 in the first round.

For any move that starts to lock us in... my main concern is how does it fit with Lauri and Walker... and while Lauri is flexible I'd probably rather not have him bend for JC... I might want something a bit higher upside. I would understand if they did the deal and be really interested in seeing how it works.

From Jake Fischer:

Collins is an immediate upgrade over Vando in defense, works better with Kessler and is more versatile and dangerous on offense. Can also play 5 if KO is in (much like Vando).

Beasley is unreliable and has stunk up the joint recently. His shots going to Collins and Ochai might turn into more points.

I'd probably rather flip Beasley for a first and Vando for a first if I could. I want flexibility... a Collins deal would be interesting. I'd also rather see us at 8-10 in the lotto than 14-16 in the first round.

For any move that starts to lock us in... my main concern is how does it fit with Lauri and Walker... and while Lauri is flexible I'd probably rather not have him bend for JC... I might want something a bit higher upside. I would understand if they did the deal and be really interested in seeing how it works.

Understandable. It would depend to me on what picks I could get. I’m super high on Collins though. I think him and Lauri could be a really good duo.

Collins is an immediate upgrade over Vando in defense, works better with Kessler and is more versatile and dangerous on offense. Can also play 5 if KO is in (much like Vando).

Beasley is unreliable and has stunk up the joint recently. His shots going to Collins and Ochai might turn into more points.

He also opens up the offense mode because you can’t let him camp in a corner.

John Collins has value in the league, but you are nuts if you think Ainge is giving Landry what he thinks the fool is worth which aint half of the ATL gm's delusional value.
Collins is a headcase which doesn't help either, and tbh the odds Danny ever planned on keeping him, if he did get invovled in a trade with Collins on the move, is even less likely since Danny wanted picks for his troubles.

John Collins has value in the league, but you are nuts if you think Dany Ainge is giving Landry what he thinks the fool is worth which aint half of the ATL gm's delusional value.
Collins is a headcase which doesn't help either, and tbh the odds Danny ever planned on keeping him, if he did get invovled in a trade with Collins on the move, is even less likely since Danny wanted picks for his troubles.
Headcase? He has multiple times been titled as a glue guy and one of the nicest guys in the past few years... a great locker room guy.

Athletic even wrote a piece about it ladt season.

Headcase? He has multiple times been titled as a glue guy and one of the nicest guys in the past few years... a great locker room guy.

Those are lies lol
He is the prototypical politician , that smiles at you,says all the right stuff,then speaks under his breath as he walks by,talks **** behind your back, and then steals your baby's lollipops and eats them

Those are lies lol
He is the prototypical politician , that smiles at you,says all the right stuff,then speaks under his breath as he walks by,talks **** behind your back, and then steals your baby's lollipops and eats them

I found oneyes alt. He’s been in trade discussions for two years now. That takes a toll on someone.

I found oneyes alt. He’s been in trade discussions for two years now. That takes a toll on someone.
WHY has he been ? stop and think about it . He is a solid player so why would they be shopping him so hard, only to turn around and act like he is untouchable with their valuation of him being on par with Lebron James in his prime ?
**** Collins he is good but he aint that damn good. This team needs a ****ing point guard
btw don't connect me to that racist ******* oneye either smh

By all accounts people love John... fans, locker room, etc.

WHY has he been ? stop and think about it . He is a solid player so why would they be shopping him so hard, only to turn around and act like he is untouchable with their valuation of him being on par with Lebron James in his prime ?
**** Collins he is good but he aint that damn good. This team needs a ****ing point guard
btw don't connect me to that racist ******* oneye either smh
He spoke up in an internal team meeting saying he thinks they need to play the offense differently. That was leaked and put Trae on a bad light.

Ever since that moment Collins trade rumors been out there and his touches have gone down.

For a conspiracy theorist it shouldnt be hard to see various theories why that might be.

Schlenk never sold him, because he was asking for the moon. Also gave him that deal. Ressler is the one who now wants him traded.. supposedly to stay under Luxury tax... but funny thing is that Trae is good buddies with Resslers son.