What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

John Collins has value in the league, but you are nuts if you think Ainge is giving Landry what he thinks the fool is worth which aint half of the ATL gm's delusional value.
Collins is a headcase which doesn't help either, and tbh the odds Danny ever planned on keeping him, if he did get invovled in a trade with Collins on the move, is even less likely since Danny wanted picks for his troubles.

Do you have any examples of Collins being a headcase? I don't ever remember him being in trouble or causing any problems with the Hawks.

I think there is a huge difference between being a headcase and being frustrated. John Collins has every right to be frustrated with the way things have gone over the last few years since it isn't translating into wins. A few years ago he was the go to big and thriving. Then they bring in Capela which was a net positive from a talent standpoint but the problem is that what he does best is finish around the basket and that was what Collins did best. Suddenly Collins goes from the primary rolling big to a secondary roll man and that isn't his strength so now he is not only getting less touches but they are also worse touches. Of course if they were actually winning a lot of games then it may not be an issue but when you are underachieving and you think you can help win games by being more involved it has to be really frustrating.

Hawks fans discuss John Collins and the trade in their board.. with few highlights:
- they unanimously think JC is a very good player
- they sympathize with him being a target so long
- some there think Trae or Traes dad is responsible for the constant rumor mill, and that Trae is still sour from those comments leaked two years ago

This is a good post to start:

Hawks fans discuss John Collins and the trade in their board.. with few highlights:
- they unanimously think JC is a very good player
- they sympathize with him being a target so long
- some there think Trae or Traes dad is responsible for the constant rumor mill, and that Trae is still sour from those comments leaked two years ago

This is a good post to start:

There is a great piece in there around the 3rd page about why Collins isn’t being utilized correctly like he was in the past.

Do you have any examples of Collins being a headcase? I don't ever remember him being in trouble or causing any problems with the Hawks.
I have the same proof anyone observing his lower level of intensity and motor, since he was busted for cheating the league, seeking unfair gains from unregulated amounts of banned substances, is highly likely to be of low character, willing to cheat and "lie" about anything to get an edge. He imo Is not the kind of person you should ever seek to trade for. Why they are shopping him imo has more to do with him than anything else

There is a great piece in there around the 3rd page about why Collins isn’t being utilized correctly like he was in the past.
The big question is can we actually utilize him correctly without stunting Lauri's development. That is still a huge concern for me but not as much as it was a month ago with Lauri clearly becoming more of an alpha type on the court. He finally has that alpha mentality and I think it is here to stay.

The big question is can we actually utilize him correctly without stunting Lauri's development. That is still a huge concern for me but not as much as it was a month ago with Lauri clearly becoming more of an alpha type on the court. He finally has that alpha mentality and I think it is here to stay.

Lauri is probably the most unselfish all-star in the league.

Lauri is probably the most unselfish all-star in the league.
He would be pouting about not getting touches by the 5th game together and the Finnisher getting all of them. Why you, the biggest Lauri homer on here, thinks going after Collins is a great idea is laughable to me. It only makes me think you really don't understand how messed up things are in ATL. If you really buy Ainge wants that baggage coming here, you have to think tanking was the front office game plan all along

He would be pouting about not getting touches by the 5th game together and the Finnisher getting all of them. Why you, the biggest Lauri homer on here, thinks going after Collins is a great idea is laughable to me. It only makes me think you really don't understand how messed up things are in ATL. If you really buy Ainge wants that baggage coming here, you have to think tanking was the front office game plan all along

Playing with Lauri and playing with Trae is polar opposites. I’m sure Collins would thrive here and Lauri wouldn’t mind having a great young player to grow with. He would get plenty of touches.

Playing with Lauri and playing with Trae is polar opposites. I’m sure Collins would thrive here and Lauri wouldn’t mind having a great young player to grow with. He would get plenty of touches.
oh I see, so Collins be disgruntled about not getting touches, on a team with arguably the best playmaking point guard in the league ,who added another high level playmaker in Murray as well. He then wouldn't be disgruntled if he was somewhere like here, that has a injured combo guard in Sexton, who most think isn't ever going to be a point guard, and the only other playaker is a soon to be retired vet, or a career long microwave in JC that suddenly can pass if he is a starter. What **** you smokin homie

I have ZERO doubt Collins and Lauri could both get all the touches they want/need. There are teams all over the league with multiple high usage dudes that seem to not have issues there.

If this happens and they get their shots within the system, this could be a huge win for the Jazz IMO.

Getting Collins for Beasley/Vando is buying a very talented player for an extremely low cost in my opinion.

Are you aware that we all are sinners and we all have opportunities to see the error of our ways and change and improve?

Thats's exactly the point I was trying to make. Eddie zero keeps talking about what a bad guy John Collins is, calling him a headcase and cheater. I was simply pointing out that we already have someone on our roster that has made mistakes and been in trouble. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Getting Collins for Beasley/Vando is buying a very talented player for an extremely low cost in my opinion.
if that's the deal, yep, if you're the jazz you pull the trigger. i'm a big vando fan - couldn't give two ***** about beasley - but collins would be clearly the best player in that deal and is still just 25. he and lauri could absolutely make it work.

prior to this season collins' production was similar to that of lauri before this season - maybe even a tad better. maybe he has a similar type jump in this offense and with this coaching staff.