What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I have ZERO doubt Collins and Lauri could both get all the touches they want/need. There are teams all over the league with multiple high usage dudes that seem to not have issues there.

If this happens and they get their shots within the system, this could be a huge win for the Jazz IMO.
There is not a single team with 2 high usage front court players though.

if that's the deal, yep, if you're the jazz you pull the trigger. i'm a big vando fan - couldn't give two ***** about beasley - but collins would be clearly the best player in that deal and is still just 25. he and lauri could absolutely make it work.

prior to this season collins' production was similar to that of lauri before this season - maybe even a tad better. maybe he has a similar type jump in this offense and with this coaching staff.
In another situation where he is the primary big I think could certainly have a Lauri type jump. On our team with a healthy Lauri I think he probably would top out around 17 and 10 a game. I also think you may see Lauri come down to around 20 though as well.

Here is another thing to consider. Does is makes more sense to try move Beasley and Vanderbilt for future 1sts or young players as well as expirings to create more capspace in the offseason and target Kuzma? Obviously there is no guarantee in getting Kuzma like there is with trading for Collins but worst case scenario we still come away with some assets and best case scenario we get the assets and Kuzma. I think out of all the players Kuzma is someone that would strongly consider signing here with him already being familiar with the community.

Lauri is 73rd in usage rate this season in the entire league. He’s not high usage.
He is clearly the focal point of our offense. It also seems like his usage rate has picked up considerably over the last month which is the level I would like to see. Earlier in the year I was frustrated that he wasn't getting enough touches. Is there any way to look at his usage rate on a month by month basis?

He is clearly the focal point of our offense. It also seems like his usage rate has picked up considerably over the last month which is the level I would like to see. Earlier in the year I was frustrated that he wasn't getting enough touches. Is there any way to look at his usage rate on a month by month basis?

You can be the focal point of an offense and still not have a high usage rate.

Here is his usage rate by month:

October - 25.3
November - 23.3
December - 24.9
January - 29.6

It has gone up quite a bit this month but we are only 5 games in.

if that's the deal, yep, if you're the jazz you pull the trigger. i'm a big vando fan - couldn't give two ***** about beasley - but collins would be clearly the best player in that deal and is still just 25. he and lauri could absolutely make it work.

prior to this season collins' production was similar to that of lauri before this season - maybe even a tad better. maybe he has a similar type jump in this offense and with this coaching staff.
I'm starting to come around on this too.

First off I'm really getting tired of Beasley. He has the potential to be more than Duncan Robinson but all this guy wants to do most nights is chuck up 3's. I can usually tell within the first few minutes if he's going to be useful or have one of his 2/11 shooting nights. If he is gone it does open up more shot opportunities for someone like Collins.

Vando is tougher since I really do like him. He'd be a near perfect fit next to a more offensive center such as Ayton or Turner. I don't see him as a fit next to Kessler and it's obvious Hardy goes out of his way not to play them together. When Kessler starts it seems Hardy likes to have a shooter such as Beasley in the starting lineup. Collins' size and athleticism/rebounding is potentially going to bring so much more to the table than starting Beasley, especially if Collins can get back anywhere near his career shooting %'s. I believe we already got the best out of KO and Kessler starting at the 5 is going to be the norm as we move forward.

lol why would Marky's biggest homer ever want to deal in recent play smh
If the Jazz front office,really feels it is beneficial for this roster to go after John Collins, I maintain the position that it will be only for the purposes
of two different things. 1 is to go full tank to close the season, by messing up the locker room, and trading away one of our best shooters in the process. 2 is to sell
the fanbase on the win now idea of Collins as a 1st option and watch the enitre city burn smh

lol why would Marky's biggest homer ever want to deal in recent play smh
If the Jazz front office,really feels it is beneficial for this roster to go after John Collins, I maintain the position that it will be only for the purposes
of two different things. 1 is to go full tank to close the season, by messing up the locker room, and trading away one of our best shooters in the process. 2 is to sell
the fanbase on the win now idea of Collins as a 1st option and watch the enitre city burn smh

Lol what? Neither one of those are even plausible.

Are you aware that Malik Beasley recently spent close to 3 months in jail?
it was 78 days he served unjustly for defending his own property. smh and the charges drummed by racist police up to get a search warrant were later dismissed
Collins is clean probably,so he might even be a nice guy most of the time now lol. But he is not the player he was before the suspension, so even if he gets invited to have dinner with the pope I cannot see this org giving up the type of value that ATL cluster*uck org is wanting

Nobody in the entire league besides Lauri averages 24.5+ PPG with a usage rate lower than 25. The closest is Jokic at a 27.0 usage rate. Lauri is at 24.3. That is the difference between 27th and 73rd in the entire league in usage rate. That is how insanely good Lauri has been this year.

With John Collins it feels like we are trying to recreate the Lauri acquisition a bit. I just don't think it has nearly as high of an upside. If its Beasley/Vando then the price is okay imo... I'd just rather have a better chance at a high pick.

I do think I'd look to cash in on Beasley somewhere... Vando it depends on his real value... I know we all think he's worth a first but I don't think he'd land a really good first. With Malik I fully believe in his shooting... the two issues I have are he has more tunnel vision than anyone on the roster and we kinda have that issue with our guards already. He is also just a really bad defender... just watch it next time they play. It could be improved but I think there are ways we could replace part of his shooting (he is an elite shooter).

If Vando can only get seconds then you absolutely just keep him. I'd just start bringing him off the bench.

I think I'd try to do KO and Beasley to Atlanta instead of Beasley Vando and honestly its a better fit for them. You could work in a Vando to phoenix and Crowder to Atlanta in it as well. Problem with involving Phoenix in anything is the ownership stuff.

he is a great guy, for a cheater smh
Anyone close to him probably secretly wants him gone, so of course he is a great guy lol
Wait we pissed about steroids or whatever he took... okay. I mean I know its way different but I get steroids everytime my body struggles to fight something (okay not everytime) and it helps almost immediately. We really gonna get high and mighty about a guy using banned substances to help his body... these dudes should be allowed to use whatever they want under proper supervision.

Wouldn't Lauri functionaly be a wing on offense?
Kind of... he doesn't handle the ball a ton but does work off screens and cuts and has been driving a bunch. If teams guard him with wings I'd love to see him get some more high post touches and face up a bit more.

You can be the focal point of an offense and still not have a high usage rate.

Here is his usage rate by month:

October - 25.3
November - 23.3
December - 24.9
January - 29.6

It has gone up quite a bit this month but we are only 5 games in.
Considering Lauri's efficiency, his usage rate is nowhere near where it should be on our team. With this, the Jazz are leaving points on the table in every game. But I think this is going to change (perhaps already has started), as Hardy, just like all other coaches in this league, will want his most efficient shooter take as many shot attempts as possible.

So Phoenix is limited in part because Sarver has to pass off any deal involving a player making $10M or more. The new owner likely wants input... and there is an acting owner as well.

Vando is below 10M... one thing I have considered is what is NAW's trade value. I would honestly kind of hate to trade him as he has shown some real improvement and promise lately and seems like the best type of guy. Vando/NAW to Phoenix Crowder to somewhere... picks to Utah with an expiring contract.